The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Smash Bros! (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33952)

JBird 06-16-2014 10:28 AM

Re: New Smash Bros!

1 Attachment(s)
Because I refuse to let the dream die! :D

zullumaster 06-17-2014 06:32 PM

Never got the sense of teirs. I'm sure there are playstyles that are easier to use than others, but if you know how to play as someone you can probably dominate with any of them.

Chaos Echo 06-17-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zullumaster (Post 732777)
Never got the sense of teirs. I'm sure there are playstyles that are easier to use than others, but if you know how to play as someone you can probably dominate with any of them.

That's the thing; they're intended to come in in the top level of play only, where everyone involved knows completely how to use their character. At that point, who has more advantages than who becomes apparent.

Muhznit 06-18-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zullumaster (Post 732777)

Tiers are essentially categorizing characters based on a mix of usage levels and win frequencies. It's not explicitly stating one character is better than another, (though some people misinterpret it that way) and doesn't really describe what type of skill is needed for the game or account for specific scenarios and matchups outside of 1v1s on Final Destination.

Like you said, if you know how to play as a character, you can dominate with them.... but that's assuming the opponent doesn't know how to play AGAINST your character, or doesn't know how to play as their own.

Keile 06-19-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhznit (Post 732836)
Tiers are essentially categorizing characters based on a mix of usage levels and win frequencies. It's not explicitly stating one character is better than another, (though some people misinterpret it that way) and doesn't really describe what type of skill is needed for the game or account for specific scenarios and matchups outside of 1v1s on Final Destination.

Like you said, if you know how to play as a character, you can dominate with them.... but that's assuming the opponent doesn't know how to play AGAINST your character, or doesn't know how to play as their own.

I used to mock my friends who thought Tiers were end-all-be-all with my Mario taunt "Mariowned" (Since on the Wii version, when playing with friends you could customize what your taunt said). It would piss them off because A) It's completely stupid and B) They got Mariowned while playing as their Fox or Falco.

kuriboh_fan 06-20-2014 12:20 PM

I've been following news about the game recently.

Unbarred Sin 06-20-2014 11:29 PM

I used to kick tons of ass with Roy and he is considered pretty low tier... I like that.

With Link too.

Silver Spoon 06-21-2014 05:15 AM

People complaining about tiers are as annoying as the people who use them.

Silver Spoon 08-16-2014 08:55 PM

So Meta Knight is back. Hopefully he's less broken this time around.

Chaos Echo 08-16-2014 09:01 PM

I don't know what it is but those sweet-ass new gauntlets he has are just the best thing.

PyroWildcat 08-16-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keile (Post 732903)
I used to mock my friends who thought Tiers were end-all-be-all with my Mario taunt "Mariowned" (Since on the Wii version, when playing with friends you could customize what your taunt said). It would piss them off because A) It's completely stupid and B) They got Mariowned while playing as their Fox or Falco.

Well, tiers don't mean much until you really - and I mean REALLY - know what you're doing.

CaptainXero 08-16-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Echo (Post 735912)
I don't know what it is but those sweet-ass new gauntlets he has are just the best thing.

All of those extra details this time around is nice. Stuff like his new gauntlet's and the emblem being visible in Lucina's eye are cool little additions. I actually like how Smash is still developing it's own "look" for everything. As cool as the more "realistic" look was in Brawl, this bright, detailed look they have going for the new game seems like it's a keeper :D