The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   “Bonehill Road” werewolf film (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42038)

howlingfan 04-07-2017 11:29 AM

Re: “Bonehill Road” werewolf film

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 792477)
@howlingfan: No, again. On the opposite, I am quite happy because during the latest 2-3 weeks there have been some updates and announcements. In fact, I really appreciate your efforts and the labour of some people here that keep us well informed about every single news on TF content. Just don't give up, ok?

Okay. Honestly, I was more annoyed at TailBoy’s comment. A chimp could predict his comments at this point.
Since I’m not as cynical as some, here are the updates (not sure whether people here will care or not, though):

1. You may already know this if you’ve been following it, but the campaign already achieved its goal with a month more to go. You can still contribute though by preordering DVDs/Blu-rays and even werewolf body parts from the shoot, and every extra dollar is going to more, better special effects, according to the writer/director. He’s not taking money from the Indiegogo campaign for his salary. He just loves werewolf movies, especially “The Howling,” which happens to be my favorite werewolf movie, and he wants to bring back the old-school, practical effects work of those classic ‘80s movies. In fact, I didn’t even ask him if there would be nudity in the TF when I first e-mailed (since “Betsy” originally didn’t have any nudity, I figured this movie also wouldn’t), but he immediately came out and said he wants a full-body transformation in his movie featuring a nude woman, so it seems he’s almost as enthusiastic as we are about this subject.
2. Here is the actress who will feature in the TF: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6734600/?ref_=tt_cl_t15
To be honest, I’m a little disappointed that she’s platinum blonde, since I prefer brunettes, but at least she’s pretty, so there’s that.
3. The TF will be 3-4 minutes long, which is longer than I was expecting. (Usually, they're around 2 minutes, if that.)
4. There will be clothes ripping in the TF, if you count a robe. She will first start ripping out of the robe as the TF starts, and then the whole thing will be removed.
5. There will be bladder work and no skin ripping.
6. Now for the news that most people will like. I asked about the prosthetic work, and the actress is having her feet and everything above the waist cast. This will at least please the foot fetishists here (I don’t happen to be one, but whatever floats your boat), since there will be a foot TF.

That’s about it for now. Now here come the complaints…

Lycanthrokeith 04-07-2017 03:10 PM

I'm just happy that someone out there is trying to pick up the mantle of Rick Baker and the "practical effects" artists of old. It's a lost art, but it's nice to see that it isn't completely lost.

I am somewhat surprised that the director feels it can be done with such a low budget, though. Granted, I don't know what makeup, latex, etc cost nowadays, so maybe it is possible.

And I still consider the AWIL TF to be one of the best TFs of all time, tail or no, because of both the effects and David Naughton's acting.

lowes96 04-07-2017 03:23 PM

I don't think the girl is cute

GenYun 04-07-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantSaySeeSaw (Post 792470)
I don't understand. Someone just showed you a fully funded werewolf movie that promises a nude female transformation. Why are the first posts complaints?

Because being into werewolves apparently isn't niche enough for some people.

"Not walking on the balls of her feet? ugh"

"It's fur is blonde? major turn-off"

"Skin rip? no thanks"

"Only two breasts? count me out."

"A left handed fully naked she-wolf? wtf no."

dude233 04-07-2017 04:43 PM

sooo will there be claw growth to???
because that dose sound like something i can get behind
but the claw growth is the best part of a female werewolf tf

Cactus Jack 04-07-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenYun (Post 792504)
Because being into werewolves apparently isn't niche enough for some people.

"Not walking on the balls of her feet? ugh"

"It's fur is blonde? major turn-off"

"Skin rip? no thanks"

"Only two breasts? count me out."

"A left handed fully naked she-wolf? wtf no."

To be fair, I would say no to skin rip.

popperock 04-07-2017 06:22 PM

I'm not expecting anything great with this movie. Not because of any particular nitpicks with werewolf type, but more because Todd Sheets is making the movie, and, well, let's just say he doesn't have the greatest reputation as a filmmaker, if the clip below is any indication. I could be wrong, but best not to get too hard on the hype train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXsr3UQsqnc

Cursebearer 04-07-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popperock (Post 792509)
I'm not expecting anything great with this movie. Not because of any particular nitpicks with werewolf type, but more because Todd Sheets is making the movie, and, well, let's just say he doesn't have the greatest reputation as a filmmaker, if the clip below is any indication. I could be wrong, but best not to get too hard on the hype train.

Yikes.

CantSaySeeSaw 04-07-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popperock (Post 792509)

See, this is a valid complaint. You don't like his other movies-- understandable. The trailer did seem to have decent prosthetics though, so I'm curious anyway, and I don't even like werewolves.

howlingfan 04-08-2017 06:53 AM

A couple of points:

1) I don’t give a damn about this filmmaker’s choreography skills. I didn’t contribute to his campaign to watch a good fight scene.

2) For those who aren’t attracted to the girl, well, you’re entitled to your opinion. Again, she’s not my type either, and she isn’t gorgeous like Kelci from “Betsy,” but I wouldn’t say she’s ugly. That’s just harsh. I’d say she’s at least as attractive as Sabrina from the “American Werewolf Girl” photoshoot project by Lobo Leo that everyone here drooled over, and that was just a series of Photoshopped images; this is a 3- to 4-minute live-action FILM of a nude, full-body female werewolf transformation using strictly practical effects. If that doesn’t at least SOMEWHAT interest you, you’re in the wrong forum.

3) For evidence of this filmmaker’s prosthetic/mask work for the werewolves, see the end of the teaser on his Indiegogo campaign. Is it Hollywood blockbuster quality? No. But unless you guys can do better, as Dr. Evil once said, “Zip it.”