The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Female Werewolf needles in a haystack (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23547)

thatnightwolf 01-23-2017 11:26 AM

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

This conversation pops up every few months and then swiftly dies because any mention of crowdfunding yields many negative reactions on this board. There have been several false starts over the years and empty promises made that it would be an extremely uphill battle to get anyone here on any united front. It would also be a too many cooks situation. Even, if something was made, it's impossible to please everybody and the ensuing debate over TF content would only guarantee that nobody leaves happy. As for the thoughts on why filmmakers bother making the films they do if they run out of resources for properly filmed transformations, I think you answered your own question. Most (if not all) of these filmmakers do not share a view of TF as a fetish. It is merely a storytelling device. Speaking from personal experience in the entertainment world, walking away from a project because you weren't able to shoot a scene (TF related or otherwise) the way you originally envisioned is not an option. There are investors, contracts, and schedules that must be adhered to during productions. There is often much compromise made during the making of a project. Talented filmmakers can try to make the best given the limitations they are often given to work with. It may be a bummer to watch a great build-up to a transformation and then have it not meet expectations (which are often much too high to begin with) but we all need to take into consideration that this industry is not out to slight us in any way. These are not personal attacks. I would some day like to try my hand at filming a TF-themed short or feature given my particular "insider" viewpoint on the matter, but even if that day does arrive, the TF content must still serve the story I'm trying to tell. Filmmakers who work in the mainstream industry cannot risk the personal and professional careers to appease a niche fetish community. It sucks, but that's pretty much the truth. Content creators like MissaX was specifically catering fetish content toward this community and even she mostly had to end that due to lack of support from the community. End rant.

TL;DR ---- Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

Anahki 01-23-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatnightwolf (Post 787778)
This conversation pops up every few months and then swiftly dies because any mention of crowdfunding yields many negative reactions on this board. There have been several false starts over the years and empty promises made that it would be an extremely uphill battle to get anyone here on any united front. It would also be a too many cooks situation. Even, if something was made, it's impossible to please everybody and the ensuing debate over TF content would only guarantee that nobody leaves happy. As for the thoughts on why filmmakers bother making the films they do if they run out of resources for properly filmed transformations, I think you answered your own question. Most (if not all) of these filmmakers do not share a view of TF as a fetish. It is merely a storytelling device. Speaking from personal experience in the entertainment world, walking away from a project because you weren't able to shoot a scene (TF related or otherwise) the way you originally envisioned is not an option. There are investors, contracts, and schedules that must be adhered to during productions. There is often much compromise made during the making of a project. Talented filmmakers can try to make the best given the limitations they are often given to work with. It may be a bummer to watch a great build-up to a transformation and then have it not meet expectations (which are often much too high to begin with) but we all need to take into consideration that this industry is not out to slight us in any way. These are not personal attacks. I would some day like to try my hand at filming a TF-themed short or feature given my particular "insider" viewpoint on the matter, but even if that day does arrive, the TF content must still serve the story I'm trying to tell. Filmmakers who work in the mainstream industry cannot risk the personal and professional careers to appease a niche fetish community. It sucks, but that's pretty much the truth. Content creators like MissaX was specifically catering fetish content toward this community and even she mostly had to end that due to lack of support from the community. End rant.

TL;DR ---- Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

I agree with most of what you have said, but I would point out a couple of clarifications (all my personal point of view, of course):
-It is true that there are some people out there with TF fetish, and some without it. But is is undeniable that the people in general are attracted by the strange, the weirdness, the fantastic, horrible or even gore. It is something that would propably belong to the human nature.
-Most of the movies involving TFs (and especially werewolves) make intensive usage of this material for promotional purposes. Yes, it has been expensive to film that, but as I previously said, people are attracted by these kind of things, although not in the way we are.
-Missa had massive support until her creativity started to go to different fields that were not as popular amongst us. In crude words, she did a fucking master piece with "an american she wolf" and then her werewolf videos went downhill (too explicit in the case of the weresex series, or simply She Wolf XiV and XV are her weakest videos of all). When she started again doing werewolf videos, I will buy again (as I did with She wolf XVI).
-And finally, it is a good sign that you all share your thoughts here, sometimes during the last year I really felt that this was going to die, and most of you (and me) had become quite pessimistic about the werewolf stuff out there. Well, we'll see how this will progress :).

howlingfan 01-23-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegreenboggart (Post 787802)
Dear howlingfan most of us would like to see female painful transformations. For pleasant transformations you have Missa. :)

No need to school me on the Missa videos, littlegreenboggart, since I was the first person to commission a she-wolf video from her, as well as offer her tips and tricks, like using a spray bottle filled with water to simulate sweat, something she used in almost every TF video since. So you could say I created a monster, both figuratively and literally (rim shot).

Thrillerboy 01-24-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegreenboggart (Post 787900)
What happened to that guy named Decardo and what's about his project of a movie with female werewolf? It seems to me I being taken around ...

The years pass and this peoples like Anthony Brownrigg or others, appears and then disappears and reappears and disappears definitely ...

What s..t happens ??? :(

While Brownrigg has proven mostly to be a snake oil salesman (or just has WAY too high of aspirations for that project, wanting a million dollars to produce it), that Decardo guy was pretty clear that the project he was connected to was in the very early pre-production stages. I said it many times in that thread that no one here should be looking for anything major to come of that for a while. He was here gauging ideas for their concept, meaning they haven't even gotten to filming the thing yet.

Decardo 01-25-2017 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegreenboggart (Post 787900)
What happened to that guy named Decardo and what's about his project of a movie with female werewolf? It seems to me I being taken around ...

The years pass and this peoples like Anthony Brownrigg or others, appears and then disappears and reappears and disappears definitely ...

What s..t happens ??? :(

Hey,

Still here, the project is progressing just incredibly slowly, we have a script an actress willing to do the early concept for the transformation and a vfx guy whos going to design the bipedal werewolf and all the steps in between.

The next step is to storyboard it but due to all my funds/time being invested in my fantasy film project I wont be able to commit anything to this for a while (probably nit until June/July)

In the meantime however heres a UK werewolf movie that's due out that look like it could feature a female werewolf, ive chatted with one of my cast that features in it but she wont let on any plot details so might get lucky with it.

https://www.facebook.com/carnivoremovie/

howlingfan 01-25-2017 02:36 PM

Bad news/good news about the “AWIL” remake. I just checked the IMDb entry, and Anna Akana’s name has been removed from the casting credits (as well as the guy playing Jack, but I forgot his name, and really, who here on this board cared about his role?). The good news: the synopsis is still the same, meaning it’s still supposed to star a female werewolf. Again, this makes sense to me, not only because of all the gender-switching reboots lately (they just announced a gender-switched “What About Bob?” remake for T.V. called “What About Barb?”), but, even though it’s a classic, the original “AWIL” had such an incredibly simplistic story (guy gets bitten by a werewolf and turns into one) that why would you remake it unless there was some kind of twist? In this case, here’s hoping they keep the twist of the female werewolf so we can finally have our holy grail, albeit in an accidental sorta way.

TF-Viewer 01-25-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 787992)
Bad news/good news about the “AWIL” remake. I just checked the IMDb entry, and Anna Akana’s name has been removed from the casting credits (as well as the guy playing Jack, but I forgot his name, and really, who here on this board cared about his role?). The good news: the synopsis is still the same, meaning it’s still supposed to star a female werewolf. Again, this makes sense to me, not only because of all the gender-switching reboots lately (they just announced a gender-switched “What About Bob?” remake for T.V. called “What About Barb?”), but, even though it’s a classic, the original “AWIL” had such an incredibly simplistic story (guy gets bitten by a werewolf and turns into one) that why would you remake it unless there was some kind of twist? In this case, here’s hoping they keep the twist of the female werewolf so we can finally have our holy grail, albeit in an accidental sorta way.

Either it was never actually going to happen or it was changed because it has not actually been announced.. despite the movie being on "announced" status. Either some guns were jumped or it was a prank someone pulled and the admins fixed it.

howlingfan 01-25-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 787994)
Either it was never actually going to happen or it was changed because it has not actually been announced.. despite the movie being on "announced" status. Either some guns were jumped or it was a prank someone pulled and the admins fixed it.

Either way, I feel this is good news. If someone “jumped the gun,” as you say, then Anna Akana really is starring as the female werewolf. On the other hand, if her casting was just a prank and the admins came in to remove it, they would’ve surely seen the synopsis and changed it if it was also inaccurate, but they didn’t, so that means this movie really will star a female werewolf (just not Anna Akana in the title role).

gwsfox 01-25-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 787992)

Sometimes the best stories are the simplistic ones. As for gender-switching roles....
As long as a lot of thought and care is present it can be passable or great.
Switching the gender of a character role in the story of a remake doesn't make it new or fresh. It can be an interesting idea, not a twist per-say but an interesting one none the less.
As for the AWIL remake, I would like to see a woman in the lead role. Making her the one bitten by and becoming a werewolf. In terms of story, you don't need to be complicated. Just be competent with writing and directing. I will hold judgement until a trailer is released.
As for movie effects......
CGI is the most likely out come. A transformation scene with nudity would be nice, but movie ratings may keep that from happening. Pray for a R rating or an unrated version on DVD.
We will most likely get a PG-13 rating.

howlingfan 01-25-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwsfox (Post 788016)
Sometimes the best stories are the simplistic ones. As for gender-switching roles....
As long as a lot of thought and care is present it can be passable or great.
Switching the gender of a character role in the story of a remake doesn't make it new or fresh. It can be an interesting idea, not a twist per-say but an interesting one none the less.
As for the AWIL remake, I would like to see a woman in the lead role. Making her the one bitten by and becoming a werewolf. In terms of story, you don't need to be complicated. Just be competent with writing and directing. I will hold judgement until a trailer is released.
As for movie effects......
CGI is the most likely out come. A transformation scene with nudity would be nice, but movie ratings may keep that from happening. Pray for a R rating or an unrated version on DVD.
We will most likely get a PG-13 rating.

I fear you may be right about the “PG-13” rating to ensure a larger audience than an “R” rating (and, hence, more money for the studio; this was one of the problems with “Cursed”), in which case we can forget about nudity, but I still have hopes for at least some practical effects. Here’s my theory as to why: It’s well known that Landis is a self-described “nerd” who’s on the Internet a whole lot. It’s also well known that if you read most of the online comments about his father’s original classic, which I’m sure he has, you learn that one of the reasons 99% of the die-hard fans of “AWIL” love it is because of the old-school, practical effects used in the film and, specifically, in the iconic TF scene. Again, even from a non-fetish standpoint, they love the realism and horror of that scene, so it makes sense that he would try to replicate the success of that, except with the twist that it’s now a woman. (Otherwise, why remake it?)