The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Female Werewolf needles in a haystack (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23547)

sodacat 04-16-2017 10:49 PM

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 792875)
Not sure about this, as long as I haven't read it yet, but I assume that the comic would have some good potential, in this number or the following ones:
https://www.comixology.eu/The-Howlin...nRBZGRpdGlvbnM

Yes, it is a kind of Howling sequel :D. What do you think?

I bit the bullet, and I can't believe they want to charge people $2 for this. This is an Episode 0, the kind of thing you give out for 25 cents on FCBD to remind people something new is coming out. I knew I shouldn't have expected decent storytelling from a comic series made to advertise a boardgame.

Anahki 04-17-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodacat (Post 792900)
I bit the bullet, and I can't believe they want to charge people $2 for this. This is an Episode 0, the kind of thing you give out for 25 cents on FCBD to remind people something new is coming out. I knew I shouldn't have expected decent storytelling from a comic series made to advertise a boardgame.

Pfff. What a novelty... well, I really haven't checked it but I thought it could have had some decent stuff. Anyway, sorry for this major fail :(.

howlingfan 04-17-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodacat (Post 792900)

While I agree the comic was way too short, I disagree that it was bad. With my username, you can probably guess that I was one of the first people to snatch it up. I should warn everyone that there is no TF, since it spends a lot of time on exposition, as most first issues do. Still, I can already tell this is a better story than any of the terrible sequels, though that’s a very low bar to clear. This is considered an official follow-up to the first (and only good) “Howling,” and it picks up immediately after the events of the end of the film. Like myself, the writer’s favorite werewolf movie is “The Howling,” and he absolutely nails Marsha’s voice. A few sample lines: After someone asks her what her name is: “What is it with you humans and your labels?” And, my personal favorite, after the same person asks, “Are you sleeping with my husband?” she responds, “Not yet.” The subtitle of this comic is “Revenge of the Werewolf Queen,” so the story is going to be all about “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!” (just the way I like it) This also makes sense from a story standpoint since she was presumably the only werewolf to survive the barn fire at the end of the original movie. The preview at the end of the comic teases TFs (of both male werewolves and Marsha herself), and whether those appear in the next issue or future installments, that remains to be seen.

BerryWhite 04-17-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 792920)
This also makes sense from a story standpoint since she was presumably the only werewolf to survive the barn fire at the end of the original movie.

She wasn't the only one to survive, there were (at least) two stop-motion werewolves shown after Karen and Chris escape. :)

howlingfan 04-17-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerryWhite (Post 792931)
She wasn't the only one to survive, there were (at least) two stop-motion werewolves shown after Karen and Chris escape. :)

Oh yeah. Looks like I need to re-watch it.

BerryWhite 04-17-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 792937)
Oh yeah. Looks like I need to re-watch it.

Any excuse is a good one. ;)

alphaleo1977 04-18-2017 04:51 PM

they are remaking the howling from what i seen online

lowes96 04-18-2017 06:31 PM

A lot of new people around here just seeing

Davi 04-19-2017 07:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1xiPIVKHmk

21:35

Anahki 04-19-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davi (Post 793031)

This series has been always howling for a modern remake... with a girl, of course :D.

oezdemircan aydinoglu 04-19-2017 12:01 PM

That's a nice one. Wish they showed more of t
he reversion though.

STRATTON 04-24-2017 06:39 PM

Is this page only broken for me? I can only go to page 57. it showes 62.