The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   And Everything Else... (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   mind control, bimbo transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8563)

No-Man 01-16-2008 09:04 PM

I don't know if someone can help me out here. There was a story that I read that was pretty awesome to me and I'd like to find it again. Basically, three women were on a game show and the losers get turned into "fuck bunnies" on this island resort. Each question that was answered incorrectly resulted in a brain drain on the women.

If someone knows where this is, I will be so incredibly grateful.

catfish27 01-16-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No-Man (Post 136370)
I don't know if someone can help me out here. There was a story that I read that was pretty awesome to me and I'd like to find it again. Basically, three women were on a game show and the losers get turned into "fuck bunnies" on this island resort. Each question that was answered incorrectly resulted in a brain drain on the women.

Sounds like "You Bet Your Brain!" by Mr. Grey.

OddKitsu 01-17-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutibaru (Post 135979)
Bull

...well, also a hero to boys. ^_~

XD

Sorry, sorry. I snapped that out in a particularly foul mood. It was an unfair generality, and I apologize for my lack of thought.

LostHopeOfDusk 01-17-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaffenheimer (Post 135995)
I think you meant to ask "how come a woman that doesn't fuck a lot of men is sensible, but a man that doesn't fuck a lot of women is a pathetic, virgin loser".

After the girl is over 30, it all comes down to "Get married damn it!"

Squall0986 01-17-2008 05:35 PM

Actually evolutionary psychology has an explanation for this. I forget the name of the psychologist that coined the phrase, but he said, "Sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive". Thus, a man who is promiscuous is considered by society as a "hero", since he can go about and fertilize many females. Females on the other hand are not as flexible with reproduction and have to protect the child while it is being born. So, when society considers a promiscuous female a "slut" it is a defensive measure to ensure successful reproduction.

Keep in mind, I don't support this view 100%, is see what the psychologists are saying, but it does seem overly sympathetic to men.

The more you know!

LostHopeOfDusk 01-17-2008 05:41 PM

That was Ok back then, but nowadays there a lot of birth control methods...

CMx2 01-18-2008 05:31 AM

Well, as they say, old habits die hard...

No-Man 01-18-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catfish27 (Post 136392)
Sounds like "You Bet Your Brain!" by Mr. Grey.

Many thanks. Not a whole lot of 'process', but I still really enjoyed it. Thank you very much!

lampy 01-18-2008 07:12 PM

Make another topic about deep talk, leave this thread for links and media.

Vengeance1701 01-18-2008 07:24 PM

Or you could suggest it, instead of order it, lampy. Or make it yourself if you're keen to help.

Squall0986 01-18-2008 10:34 PM

I just figured I'd add my two cents. I spend a good month last semester writing a report on gender and psychology and thus it came to mind when people started talking about the double standard issue.

lolol 01-19-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostHopeOfDusk (Post 136579)
That was Ok back then, but nowadays there a lot of birth control methods...

If evolution is anything, it's really slow. Birth control's been viable for, let's say half a century, but even the most simple selection pressures take hundreds to thousands of years in humans (Because of our massive generation time) -- so even the advent of birth control methods wouldn't change basic brain physiology or cognitive processes. Further, for selection to operate, reproduction does need to occur, which means birth control is a nonfactor in cognitive shifts (So whatever changes in underlying instinct that might be present in people willing to accept birth control wouldn't descend meiotically anyways).

So in sum, there's no reason (at least on an evolutionary basis) for the instinctual responses to male and female promiscuity to change, especially given the short time frame.

And hi everyone.