The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Growth (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)

DangerousDave 05-26-2009 02:09 PM

Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM)(updated june 12th)

11 Attachment(s)
Ok, I've been thinking about doing a rendered story for a while now, and I'm finally giving it a shot. I know that CG animation is less popular here, but I visit this site a lot, so posting only in GTScity seems odd to me. Hope some of you still like it.

The basic concept will be size transfer from a man to a woman, but beyond that, I haven't really formed much of the story yet. That's really why I'm posting - I want people's input.

So please - critisize, nitpick, and suggest all you want.

DangerousDave.

rabbit_king 05-26-2009 02:16 PM

Re: Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM)

i love the art style i hope to see were this goes

LOD 05-26-2009 02:25 PM

Well I'm, all for it when it comes to size transference, it's my favorite scenario. And I've recently taken up renders too so I'll be glad to help you.

From what I can tell you're doing a great job with the expressions. Great poses, and fantastic story and dialog. You've also got very deep shadowing, it's a small distraction on some of the images, but nothing very drastic :)

Which software are you using? Poser 7? Daz?

robclassact 05-26-2009 04:30 PM

I'm all for it, man. I dig these types of stories.

pseudoclever 05-26-2009 05:09 PM

Looks really good. I don't typically like sm but there are plenty who do. Beyond that, size transfer is a cool genre.

Criticism - your font looks a little strange. I would say it doesn't work well with the visuals - they're too soft, the text is too sharp. Maybe experiment with some text boxes?

DangerousDave 05-26-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 308179)
You've also got very deep shadowing, it's a small distraction on some of the images, but nothing very drastic :)

Which software are you using? Poser 7? Daz?

I'm using DAZ. I'd appreciate advice about the lighting.
What I did was set 2 spotlights at the top front and top back of the room, and pointed them both twards the area of the bed. I opened the light spread to the maximum (180 degrees) and lowered the intensity a bit until it stopped being too bright (80%). I also added another spotlight that points to the door, because that side of the room seemed too dark, and I lowered it's intensity even more (60%).

Am I in the right direction? Should I do something completely different? I'm a complete newb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 308222)
Criticism - your font looks a little strange. I would say it doesn't work well with the visuals - they're too soft, the text is too sharp. Maybe experiment with some text boxes?

Yeah, I didn't want to use boxes because they'd hide too much of the picture, but I may not have a choice. I'll upload a few variations when I get the time.

Oh, and everyone feel free to give plot suggestions. I'm not really sure exactly who turned her down, or how the size transfer will hapeen, or even what to call the characters. Again, keep in mind that this will take me a while (full time job + night school).

DangerousDave.

LOD 05-26-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 308313)
I'm using DAZ. I'd appreciate advice about the lighting.
What I did was set 2 spotlights at the top front and top back of the room, and pointed them both twards the area of the bed. I opened the light spread to the maximum (180 degrees) and lowered the intensity a bit until it stopped being too bright (80%). I also added another spotlight that points to the door, because that side of the room seemed too dark, and I lowered it's intensity even more (60%).

Am I in the right direction? Should I do something completely different? I'm a complete newb.

DangerousDave.

Okay try this :)

You've got those two lamps on the bedposts. Try to make the light look like it's coming from them. And also consider whether you are wanting a light to cast shadows and the darkness of those shadows.

ltmiroku 05-26-2009 10:45 PM

maybe i can help i like the lighting here but when doing lighting remember to adjust it to where its realy comeing from, have 1 with Shadowing, that light should be the Lamp light or the outside lighting or where you want it.

if your chars look to dark any use Point lighting with Diffuse Only setup in Parameters, Diffuse dosen't shadow makes it perfect for lighting .

your shadows look way off the lighting feels like someone has there car's brights on that can be bad :(

try for Distant light when adding it get your view in place and do it at Viewpoint it saves some time trying to get it just where you want it ^.^

don't forget color lighting like the sun it self or a lamp shade color this adds effect to the scene makes it pop out more ^.^ its not alwas needed mind you just a thought.

anyways i hope this helps some if you have any questions ask away ^.^

as for the story it looks realy nice you have the feelings and the chars down pretty well ^.^

dartnet 05-26-2009 11:29 PM

Great so far keep going.

bigboy83 05-27-2009 05:53 AM

ok great start.

DangerousDave 05-27-2009 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 308222)

Which do you like better (you can say neither if you have a better idea)?

LOD 05-27-2009 11:47 AM

Hmm I like the black box w/ white text.

But I feel the same way you did about adding text-boxes. I was worried about them ruining my scenes and blocking the backgrounds.

pseudoclever 05-27-2009 12:37 PM

Black box white text. And I disagree with liveordie, I don't think it blocks the scene. It's got a nice transparency.

LOD 05-27-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 308473)
Black box white text. And I disagree with liveordie, I don't think it blocks the scene. It's got a nice transparency.

Oh I'm sorry, that's not what I was meaning to say. :)

I think that these text blocks work nicely for him, and do give a great effect.

What I meant was when I made my first comic I felt just like he did. I may have to use comic bubbles or another effect in the next one I'm working on ;)

ltmiroku 05-27-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 308458)
Which do you like better (you can say neither if you have a better idea)?

gotta say they both look nice. i mean the transparent look is a nice touch for letting you see the background better but keeping in the sense you can read whats going on. nice concept ^.^

White Box and Black text is widely used on things. you could be the different person of the grp.

but i'll vote old school and say White Box and black text. ^.^

beguy200 05-28-2009 08:09 AM

i'am more for the first settings the one with the letters in blank.
And as i have said in giantesscity, i like your work

DangerousDave 05-30-2009 10:56 AM

25 Attachment(s)
Big update, much sooner than expected - don't get used to it :)
I got caught up and ended up spending waaay too much time on this.

Again, if you have any plot suggestions, they will be appreciated. I'm really just figuring the story out as I go along.

j2k 05-30-2009 01:14 PM

I really like her model.
She's very smooth.

LK 05-30-2009 01:19 PM

OK, now that's a plot device I can get behind.

TF-Viewer 05-30-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2k (Post 309676)
I really like her model.
She's very smooth.

I agree, the whole thing looks really good actually. I'm always impressed just how far CG stuff has come over the years.

DangerousDave 05-30-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltmiroku (Post 308326)
your shadows look way off the lighting feels like someone has there car's brights on

I was really eager to do this batch of renders, so I didn't have time to stop and fix the lighting. But now I want to try.

I am using 1 light with with shadowing and the rest without, like you said.
I do want the shadowing on their bodies and faces, it adds to the realism, but I want to avoid the big shadows on the wall.

I'm less worried about the light sources looking real (from lamps/sun). Another reason I'm using only spots and not point lights is that they've caused me some problems. For example, the pink light from Pym's device is a point light. when I tried to turn on the shadows for it, its light disappeared from the render.

Thanks.

pseudoclever 05-30-2009 07:28 PM

I like this piece thus far. I'll agree there were some minor lighting issues, and to be perfectly honest that frame where you essentially said "HEY GUYS, this is how this thing works!" ...that might have been a little heavy-handed. Your target audience knows the conventions of the genre. You already said it was a transfer story, and even if we didn't know, you communicated it with the doctor yelling "NO NOT NOW!"

But I want to make it clear that this is still really good thus far. I wouldn't be critiquing it if I didn't think it had promise.

DangerousDave 05-30-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 309806)
that frame where you essentially said "HEY GUYS, this is how this thing works!" ...that might have been a little heavy-handed. Your target audience knows the conventions of the genre.

Well I still wanted to explain exactly how it works, with the 5cm thing. What I don't intend on doing is have them constantly measuring themselves and saying "OMG, now I'm 190!", so I needed people to be able to figure out the heights themselves, more or less.

LOD 05-30-2009 10:51 PM

I think it was useful knowledge :D

And I absolutely love what you have going here.

Beetlebomb 06-04-2009 10:03 AM

Great stuff! Can't wait to see more!

tallthinbustysally 06-04-2009 05:20 PM

keep it comming
great story so far

DangerousDave 06-06-2009 10:33 AM

14 Attachment(s)

j2k 06-06-2009 11:29 AM

When she lies on him... her legs & butt are just ... "hot". Great model, really.

Waiting for the real growth ;)

viliatus 06-07-2009 12:48 AM

That's fantastic. I really like your concept. I wish I could do that with my girlfriend!

DangerousDave 06-07-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2k (Post 311503)
When she lies on him... her legs & butt are just ... "hot".

I thought so too. In that image I actually set up the camera and the pose to show them off :)

LOD 06-07-2009 09:56 AM

Alright now that's what I'm talking about :D

Great improvement on your shadows, and you've got V4 looking quite hot. I don't use her much because I've fallen in love with the anime style models.

Beetlebomb 06-08-2009 09:56 AM

I think I smell the next Testu69.

j2k 06-08-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlebomb (Post 312227)
I think I smell the next Testu69.

Hopefully DangerousDave won't shrink his girls every 3 pictures.

LOD 06-08-2009 10:41 AM

You say that like it's a bad thing....

j2k 06-08-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 312267)
You say that like it's a bad thing....

Yeah, I guess it is.... here in the "Growth" forum :)

LOD 06-08-2009 10:55 AM

LOL, really tetsu only shrank the girls in two of his comics. In one it was used to reset them so they could be used later, and in the other it was used so perfectly that people that dislike SW shouldn't complain.

Do you know how much time it takes to make these full length comics? It takes lots of effort to make them look like tetsu does. It's prejudice people that can't get over a little bit of SW that put me off from making things for the growth community. I've never seen anyone in the SW section complain about a little bit of GTS.

DangerousDave 06-08-2009 02:19 PM

I like SW just as much as GTS, but don't worry, I don't plan on shrinking Rachel. At least not any time soon (I have plans for about 5 or 6 size transfers, all from male to female). After that though, anythng could happen.

j2k 06-08-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 312274)
LOL, really tetsu only shrank the girls in two of his comics. In one it was used to reset them so they could be used later, and in the other it was used so perfectly that people that dislike SW shouldn't complain.

Do you know how much time it takes to make these full length comics? It takes lots of effort to make them look like tetsu does. It's prejudice people that can't get over a little bit of SW that put me off from making things for the growth community. I've never seen anyone in the SW section complain about a little bit of GTS.

Man, cool down.

I know what you're talking about because I like FMG stuff which is considered here like average shit, and we don't even have our own forum like you SW fans have. And FMG-related threads almost disappeared.

But my message wasn't kind of angry, nor even annoyed.
I just said my opinion, which is "I hope we won't see shrinking stuff", that's it. You have the full right to state the opposite.

And I can't really understand why you're asking me "Do you know how much time it takes to make these full length comics?" because I've never said anything about the artists' effort.

LOD 06-08-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2k (Post 312426)
Man, cool down.

I know what you're talking about because I like FMG stuff which is considered here like average shit, and we don't even have our own forum like you SW fans have. And FMG-related threads almost disappeared.

But my message wasn't kind of angry, nor even annoyed.
I just said my opinion, which is "I hope we won't see shrinking stuff", that's it. You have the full right to state the opposite.

And I can't really understand why you're asking me "Do you know how much time it takes to make these full length comics?" because I've never said anything about the artists' effort.

Sorry about that :(

I guess it was the way you worded your response to BB's statement. It sounded like a chop at tetsu69, and I'm a big fan of his. I really didn't mean to flame you or anything :D

I feel the same way about FMGs too. They are nice and should be allowed to be posted here, and not the body expansion section like I've seen some people suggest.

Anyways, sorry again I like SW and GTS just the same like dangerous said. I don't see we can't have both in the same comic or story.

j2k 06-09-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 312438)
Sorry about that :(

No problem ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 312438)
It sounded like a chop at tetsu69, and I'm a big fan of his

I am too, don't worry ^^.

DangerousDave 06-12-2009 09:03 AM

10 Attachment(s)

viliatus 06-12-2009 02:56 PM

Very nice! Thanks for this. What version of Poser are you using?

DangerousDave 06-12-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viliatus (Post 313743)
Very nice! Thanks for this. What version of Poser are you using?

DAZ studio 2.3

Anyone know how I can edit the name of the thread? I edited the title of the original post to add "updated june 12th", but it didn't have any effect.

LOD 06-12-2009 07:51 PM

I'm afraid the only way to change a thread's name is by asking an adim to do it.

DangerousDave 06-17-2009 01:09 PM

20 Attachment(s)

LOD 06-17-2009 03:55 PM

Sweet!!!

who 06-17-2009 04:20 PM

i love it thank you

DangerousDave 06-19-2009 10:21 PM

I expected this scene to be a big crowd pleaser, but there seem to be a lot fewer responses than there were for earlier batches.

Is there something you don't like about it?

Kerberos 06-20-2009 01:22 AM

Some probably haven't noticed it yet. I know I've been following it a bit but I didn't see the update until today.

Very nice by the way. The whole premise is incredibly fun to see.

pseudoclever 06-20-2009 03:08 PM

I've personally noticed that, if you're posting some sort of content that is building up to something, the first big sex scene gets WAY less comments than everything leading up to it. Perhaps it's because the readers are...*cough* tired afterward? Anyway, the first time it happened to me it made me a little mad, so I can sympathize with you. But at this point I've come to expect it.

This is a good series and I've been enjoying it. I was a little surprised that the device caused Rachel AND her friend to grow. Was excepting the friend to shrink but...both outcomes are excellent.

dartnet 06-20-2009 04:49 PM

I like it.

DangerousDave 06-20-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 316504)
I was a little surprised that the device caused Rachel AND her friend to grow. Was excepting the friend to shrink but...both outcomes are excellent.

At least for now, this is a GTS/SM story. I've planned as far as Rob being a little under 5 feet tall, while Rachel's closing up on 7. He started at 6'4" and she was 5'1", so that's a role reversal with a little extra.

Beyond that, I haven't decided, so anything could happen. Especially if someone gives me a good idea :)

pseudoclever 06-20-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 316609)
At least for now, this is a GTS/SM story.

And that might be another reason you're getting less comments than you wanted, the Process crowd sort of shys away from the whole SM thing. Haven't looked at your thread over at GTS City, but I imagine it's more popular over there.

As far as ideas:

- SW aspect obviously. And sub-idea, hot girl-on-girl action. :D
- She uses it in a crowd. (Hard to render I'm sure, maybe you could just suggest it.) With the effect that, like ~1 inch on everyone around her, +X feet for her.
- The device not only steals height, but also "attributes" from other girls. As in, muscle, breasts, etc.

DangerousDave 06-21-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 316660)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 316609)
At least for now, this is a GTS/SM story.

And that might be another reason you're getting less comments than you wanted, the Process crowd sort of shys away from the whole SM thing.

I don't know about that. Sure, there are some vocal naysayers against SM, but I think most people like it as one of the many aspects of GTS. Granted, SM by itself doesn't really belong on this site, and I wouldn't really want it to, but attached to a female size change (shrunken couples, size transfer, etc.), I think it's very accepted.
For example, the (awsome) comics by DreamTales often have a SM storyline along with the GTS/SW main stories. And his work is some of the most prominent content featured alongside Lorekeep's.

Quote:

- She uses it in a crowd. (Hard to render I'm sure, maybe you could just suggest it.) With the effect that, like ~1 inch on everyone around her, +X feet for her.

Definitely hard to render, but I may try it. Maybe 1-2 men on screen, and the rest off.

Quote:

- The device not only steals height, but also "attributes" from other girls. As in, muscle, breasts, etc.

I like the breast transfer concept. It's like beauty theft, but without an ugly woman left standing at the end (which I wouldn't want to see), just a flat one.
I'll look for a way to incorporate that.

DangerousDave 06-21-2009 12:55 PM

17 Attachment(s)
He's dropped from 193 to 175, I figured it's time he noticed.
And he ain't happy about it...

pseudoclever 06-21-2009 01:29 PM

Nice chapter for plot development. I especially like her reaction to it - she was unaware, and at least somewhat remorseful.

LOD 06-21-2009 07:12 PM

First off I like how you made his clothes look looser like that. I know how hard it can be to make it look realistic from making my latest comic. Love the story so far and am looking forward to more :D

I really want to see his face when he runs into Sydney :D:D

Max AP 06-21-2009 08:08 PM

It's a pity the stone only work on men. Otherwise, Rachel will have use it to put at Sydney in her place if she dares to bully at her man.

Also, I don't know, but Dr. Pym will be in great trouble. I don't think that Rachel won't resist paying him a visit and make him even smaller for what he did.

Excellent chapter and art as always. The story is getting better and better.

Max

DangerousDave 06-21-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 317076)
I really want to see his face when he runs into Sydney :D:D

That's the next scene :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max AP (Post 317108)
Dr. Pym will be in great trouble. I don't think that Rachel won't resist paying him a visit and make him even smaller for what he did.

It's definitely on the agenda.

beguy200 06-22-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 317146)
That's the next scene :)

It's definitely on the agenda.

i'am very happy to read this