The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   AP/AR (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi (Cursed Helmet AP TF) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44686)

chriskim019 11-05-2018 07:00 AM

Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi (Cursed Helmet AP TF)

24 Attachment(s)
In the opening of one of the new anime series this season called "Ulysses:

Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi
", there is this one scene that's been

grabbing my attention. It's where this unknown girl wears a helmet of some

kind, and by doing so her hair grows and her breasts seem to expand.

In this week's episode(episode 5), that character was revealed to be

one of the main cast's young female character named "Philip". In the last

part of the episode, she puts on the same helmet, which seems to be cursed

of some sort, and then she suddenly becomes engulfed in dark power and

trembles in pain. It is pretty much confirmed from this and the opening that

the helmet ages her into an older alter ego that will be fighting the main

characters.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180929070726

The episode sadly cuts off right there(although the very last part seems to

at least show her neck expanding), implying that she goes through the

transformation off-screen. However, since it seems likely from the opening

that she will put on and take off the helmet a few times while hiding the

transformed alter ego's identity, if we are lucky, there will be an event in the

later episode where it will be a shocking reveal to the main characters, and

she will have a proper transformation sequence while admitting it.

The AP Ninja 11-05-2018 03:07 PM

Re: Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi (Cursed Helmet AP TF)

Woah, good time seeing you after so long!
I've been after this one as well, just waiting for the reveal later to report

chriskim019 11-06-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 815818)
Woah, good time seeing you after so long!
I've been after this one as well, just waiting for the reveal later to report

Yeah.. Been kinda busy. Sorry about that.

Anyways, this character concept seems the most promising from what can be found lately. And the fact that they went through the trouble of actually briefly showing the AP TF sequence in the opening.. It seems worth having hopes for.

saixhinata 11-06-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskim019 (Post 815874)
Yeah.. Been kinda busy. Sorry about that.

Anyways, this character concept seems the most promising from what can be found lately. And the fact that they went through the trouble of actually briefly showing the AP TF sequence in the opening.. It seems worth having hopes for.

It's pretty much a certainty she will have an AP TF.
Only thing is. Will it be offscreen? Will it have good process? Those are the important questions.

The AP Ninja 11-11-2018 09:24 AM

No TF sequence was shown in this episode, but they mentioned that if one makes a philosopher's stone reach its limit, one can conquer one of the most beautiful women that exist (they way they said it, made us imply that it is the bearer of the stone the one who will transform into that woman... so maybe there will be more than one posible transformee in this series)

TGManiac 11-12-2018 11:40 AM

I hope so.

chriskim019 11-14-2018 02:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 816230)
No TF sequence was shown in this episode, but they mentioned that if one makes a philosopher's stone reach its limit, one can conquer one of the most beautiful women that exist (they way they said it, made us imply that it is the bearer of the stone the one who will transform into that woman... so maybe there will be more than one posible transformee in this series)

The protagonist seems to be against it, but I can certainly see such transformation happening as a climax of the series. Two potential AP TF sequences.. Can't wait to see what happens.

Anyways, this week's episode did reveal the buxomness of Philip's transformed alter ego(called "Dark Ulysses"), so here's a before/after comparison:

andu22 11-14-2018 06:48 AM

Is that from episode 7?

The AP Ninja 11-14-2018 07:02 AM

Nope, that's from last week's episode and her first appearance.
In regards to what Chris said, my suspicions got lit up because the male protagonist is falling in love with Jeanne, but has serious moral issues due to her being a child... And since in these animes the world turns around the harem lord, maybe it will be the way to grant his wishes. I agree that maybe we'll get something like this for the climax, though ^^

chriskim019 11-20-2018 03:37 AM

16 Attachment(s)
Interesting... The opening for the series seems to have been slightly remastered for the second half of the season, starting from this week's episode 7. Therefore, they also improved Philip's AP transformation scene in it. While improving a couple of visual details, they now added extra frames focusing on her butt expanding as well.

saixhinata 11-20-2018 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskim019 (Post 816795)
Interesting... The opening for the series seems to have been slightly remastered for the second half of the season, starting from this week's episode 7. Therefore, they also improved Philip's AP transformation scene in it. While improving a couple of visual details, they now added extra frames focusing on her butt expanding as well.

The man himself.

meticulan23 11-20-2018 03:10 PM

I think there is a pretty good chance something is gonna happen now.

TGManiac 11-26-2018 10:45 AM

Hopefully in the next episode when she is defeated. They will show her transforming back to her young self.

chriskim019 11-27-2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGManiac (Post 817114)
Hopefully in the next episode when she is defeated. They will show her transforming back to her young self.

The ideal scenario would be her appearing before the main characters as her original loli self to deceive them, and then reveal shortly after that she is the Dark Ulysses by going through the AP TF sequence in front of them.

But, from the looks of things so far, it does seem likely that she's going to keep the helmet on until she gets defeated, and the reveal will probably be done through an AR sequence instead. Though, even with this scenario, if the AR process is decent, we can always reverse it and appreciate it as AP as well. Also, if she survives and retains the TF ability, then there is a chance we will see her springing back into action in a later episode with potential AP TF process too.

http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/imagesBoo...31233-2-01.jpg

We will just have to wait and see the next week's episode.

meticulan23 12-04-2018 05:26 PM

Episode 8 didn't really seem to have anything of note unless I missed something, and episode 9 got delayed until next week so we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of that.

The AP Ninja 12-09-2018 10:17 AM

They apparently broke Noire's Helment, and she fell into the sea before she could return to normal... and since there is a new villain coming up I hope Noire won't get stranded to the side... I wish they pulled some sort of Deus Ex Machina on Noire so she can have her process.

TGManiac 12-09-2018 03:27 PM

I really wanted to see the AR process on screen.

chriskim019 12-10-2018 04:16 AM

Well. Considering how they bothered to show that little segment of her resolve about death this episode, I think she is a character significant enough that they wouldn't just let her go like that without having her identity revealed to the protagonists.

And while the helmet was partially broken, it might not have been enough for the transformation to wear off. After all, her initial transformation scene in episode 5 seemed to imply that it wasn't just the act of putting the helmet on that caused the transformation to occur, but some kind of a spike underneath the helmet stabbing her head and having power inserted through it did.

Not to mention that there's this illustration from the light novel as well:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/imagesBoo...31233-2-01.jpg

The AP Ninja 12-10-2018 05:12 AM

This really does give me hope! Thanks Kim, as always.

chriskim019 12-11-2018 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 817763)
This really does give me hope! Thanks Kim, as always.

Sure thing~

TGManiac 12-16-2018 02:22 PM

Only two episodes left. I hope they do something soon.

Pegasus 12-16-2018 06:16 PM

Well there's a transformation in the newest episode, too bad it's not a transformation anyone cares about

The AP Ninja 12-23-2018 02:53 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W9...Enr-aH1nin5FO3
GOD EXISTS

meticulan23 12-23-2018 03:14 PM

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...zwczo1_500.gif

meticulan23 12-23-2018 03:37 PM

Made a gif out of the scene

https://orig00.deviantart.net/eb53/f...23-dcv5z6t.gif

The AP Ninja 12-23-2018 03:54 PM

Thank you for the gif ^^

meticulan23 12-23-2018 04:16 PM

Given how it's known for animators to go back and reanimate scenes or episodes for DVD releases of certain anime, is there a possibility that this scene could actually look better if it gets a DVD release?

saixhinata 12-23-2018 11:20 PM

Glorious!

Pegasus 12-24-2018 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticulan23 (Post 818295)
Given how it's known for animators to go back and reanimate scenes or episodes for DVD releases of certain anime, is there a possibility that this scene could actually look better if it gets a DVD release?

I certainly hope so, while I am glad we finally got process, it looks like balloons getting inflated than anything else

I would've loved slower more detailed changes, including that of the hair and face

The AP Ninja 12-24-2018 04:11 AM

I totally agree with you, you always get the feeling that in most of these series the Transformation sequences are next to a desert for the plot/animators lol

chriskim019 12-24-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 818283)

AMEN. I can't remember the last time when our hopes and waiting has been properly rewarded like this. While I wouldn't call it quality process, it's still pretty decent, and the choice of sound effect certainly makes up for it a good bit. And not to mention that we actually got an Age Progression sequence instead of an Age Regression one. Since they already featured an AP scene in the opening, they could've totally slacked off and gone with a vague Age Regression sequence instead while she was sinking deep into the water or just off-screen tactic. Gotta give props to the anime team on this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticulan23 (Post 818295)

It's a 50:50 chance. But seeing how some of the episodes did have somewhat vividly unstable-looking animations and they remastered the opening midway through, it could imply that they know their animation could look better, and they are willing to improve them. So yeah. While it's going to be a long wait until the BD/DVD release, I say it's worth looking forward to.

I will try to look into the first BD/DVD volume upon its release and try to compare the animation with the TV version to see if there's any implication of improved animation to begin with.

And don't forget guys. We probably still have another episode remaining, and her true identity still hasn't been directly revealed to the protagonists yet. So if we are very lucky, we might even get an Age Regression sequence next episode.

The AP Ninja 12-24-2018 04:37 PM

I totally agree with you on everything Chris, let's hope that both the blurray and the AR come out. Also, perhaps we could see a more nsfw version of her first AP in the church if the team decides to go wild about it.

The AP Ninja 12-30-2018 09:59 AM

The last episode features a bit of AR RN, around the first half of the episode. Mostly, it shows her hair shortening

godleydemon 12-30-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 818444)
The last episode features a bit of AR RN, around the first half of the episode. Mostly, it shows her hair shortening

RN happens about 7:15 in, not much process, mostly just the hair and a slight decrease of bust seen for a split second or two.

Episode 12

Pegasus 12-30-2018 07:04 PM

So that's it? It's over then?

chriskim019 12-30-2018 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yeah. I guess it would've been too good to be true if we got a proper AR sequence as well.

But on the bright side, it seems we won't have to wait as long as other anime series for the Blu-ray episodes.
I just found out that, regarding the Blu-ray release for this series, each of the volume will include every 4 episodes instead of 2.

This means,

while common anime series take around 6 months releasing a BD volume with 2 episodes each month,
(all 12 Blu-ray episodes released = 2 episodes X 6 BD volumes/months)

Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi will take only about 3~4 months instead,
(all 12 Blu-ray episodes released = 4 episodes X 3 BD volumes/months)

The first volume including episodes 1-4 has already been released on the 21st this month, and the 2nd one covering episodes 5-8 will follow next month in January. So as soon as the files emerge online, we will be able to see if anything's different from the TV version, especially regarding the 5th episode like The AP Ninja mentioned:
Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 818332)
Also, perhaps we could see a more nsfw version of her first AP in the church if the team decides to go wild about it.

The 3rd BD volume, which will have episodes 9-12 featuring the recent AP sequence, is unfortunately skipping a month and is scheduled to be released in March instead of Feburary. But hey. It's certainly better than waiting more than 6 months;)

meticulan23 02-13-2019 03:55 PM

Is there any confirmation on if the animation in the physical release looks improved from the tv version?

chriskim019 02-16-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticulan23 (Post 820358)
Is there any confirmation on if the animation in the physical release looks improved from the tv version?

Not yet. The 2nd BD/DVD volume should've been released recently, but the files don't seem to have been released online yet.

chriskim019 04-09-2019 03:54 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Man, it took a while, since nobody had uploaded the BD files even when the 2nd volume came out.
But with the recent release of the last volume, people finally started releasing the files all together on the torrent sites.

As for her transformation sequence in the opening, the process seems unchanged.

As for her initial off-screen transformation event in episode 5, there were unfortunately no extra scenes added for it.

As for her actual on-screen transformation sequence in episode 11, the scenes did get remastered, but mostly in terms of looking more polished with lighting rather than significantly improving the process. The butt expansion received a couple more frames to make the process look smoother, and the breast expansion process looks pretty much the same.

The AP Ninja 04-09-2019 05:18 AM

Woah Chris, amazing find as always ^^
Thank you for your dedication to this community

chriskim019 04-09-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AP Ninja (Post 823231)
Woah Chris, amazing find as always ^^
Thank you for your dedication to this community

Sure thing~

Animefan100 04-09-2019 06:12 AM

Say, are you gonna put up a gif of this scene from the blu ray release?

chriskim019 04-09-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animefan100 (Post 823235)
Say, are you gonna put up a gif of this scene from the blu ray release?

I am probably not the best person to ask for a good quality gif,
but here you go:

https://im3.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-3-0e2561420157.gif

meticulan23 04-09-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskim019 (Post 823244)
I am probably not the best person to ask for a good quality gif,
but here you go:

https://im3.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-3-0e2561420157.gif

The gif isn't working and I can't find a site that currently has the blu-ray episode

chriskim019 04-10-2019 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticulan23 (Post 823267)
The gif isn't working and I can't find a site that currently has the blu-ray episode

Google Drive it is, then:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IL...yxpVBntVGQPODI

TGManiac 04-14-2019 01:28 PM

Thanks for the google drive link.

chriskim019 04-15-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGManiac (Post 823475)
Thanks for the google drive link.

Ur welcome.