The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   And Everything Else... (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hair Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8583)

Sutibaru 10-19-2007 12:33 PM

Hair Transformation

Hair Transformation:

Transformation of an individual, focusing mainly on the hair upon her head.

- Hair Growth/Inflation -

Growth of a girl's head at a rate unnatural, possibly rapidly.
Other qualities such as fullness to the hair can come into order.

Ex. Girl is in a subway after showering with a new shampoo. Something is wrong though, her hair seems longer than before... This scene will continue where her hair grows rapidly down her body, filling the train, or whatever desired.

- Hair Appearance Transformation -

Transformation of style, color, and in all, appearance of an individual's hair.
This of course can collaborate with hair growth.

Ex. A meek conservative girl's boring hair becomes wild and sexy, even changing colors to her surprise.

- Hair Animation/Life -

Hair on an individual springs to life and becomes animated, either with control or without. It can grab hold of things or whatever desired.

Vengeance1701 10-19-2007 12:43 PM

One of my favorite aspects of a TF that gets sadly undersold!

frice2000 10-19-2007 06:28 PM

You might enjoy Ranma season 5 episode 2.

Quote:

2: 'When a Guy's Pride and Joy Is Gone'

Once it's revealed that the Dragon's Whisker is in fact a powerful hair-growth artefact (and further that, without it, Ranma's hair will grow uncontrollably until he exhausts his life's supply), not only the four niku-men but also chrome-dome Happosai and Genma are out to get their hands on it. Of course, in the Ranma universe everyone eventually gets what's coming to them.

--From http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=6625
That was one I thought of off the top of my head...

SoylentOrange 10-19-2007 06:48 PM

I've always liked this one. The idea of living hair is interesting, especially when it doesn't follow the orders of whoever it's attached to. ;)

Sutibaru 10-19-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 115941)
I've always liked this one. The idea of living hair is interesting, especially when it doesn't follow the orders of whoever it's attached to. ;)

I am fairly sure Uzumaki and Jigoku Sense Nube has that.

shadow 10-19-2007 07:14 PM

Uh...

Hair inflation?

That sounds a tad odd if you ask me...
Do to the fact that hair isn't really all that thick, unless it's the plastic-lump hair you get with costumes and cheap toupees.

Sutibaru 10-19-2007 07:30 PM

Hair inflation doesn't inflate via like a balloon or like most of body.
In hair inflation, the hair gains fullness and size through a gas hose or whatever. You can find some art of this on DA.

acme 10-19-2007 09:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
So I guess this can be counted as Hair animation? From the manga Penguin Musume. Penguin doesn't realize about her living hair and that it also talks lol.

Oh! So would living body parts count as well? I mean like boobs taking a mind of their own? Weird thought...

SoylentOrange 10-19-2007 09:33 PM

Haha, wow! That's a neat one.

Thanks for the find, acme!

frice2000 10-20-2007 04:58 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just thought this morning of Millia Rage from the Guilty Gear series who uses her hair as a weapon...Fits under your Hair Animation/Life category.

Videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_oKibmkpFi8 (out of combat video, best example probably)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lKUDoauPVdo (some anime scenes but then just a in game combo video)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BkIrL3NX-N0 (in game combat video)

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millia_Rage

Pictures (screen capped from first Youtube link):

shadow 10-20-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutibaru (Post 115956)
Hair inflation doesn't inflate via like a balloon or like most of body.
In hair inflation, the hair gains fullness and size through a gas hose or whatever. You can find some art of this on DA.

That raises even more questions...
Such as, how does the hose attach to the hair in the first place, is it inflated through one of the biggest stock inflation parts(AKA the mouth; used for all forms of inflation, for no explained reason, I mean the belly and body expansion would make sense, due to the fact that it leads into the stomach, which digests a lot of stuff, thus spreading it to the entire body, through the blood system and what not).

then what would keep it from floating off the head if it was inflated with helium, because hair will come out with enough pressure, and the bond of the hair to the scalp would break before it lifted the body off the ground. But then again, helium, even with the many strands of hair, wouldn't be enough to lift the average human(of any size) off the ground, even if they inflated to three times their original size with the helium.

For the record, I'm not attacking the hair inflation stuff, I'm just trying to figure it out, and I'm outrageously bored at the moment.

Sutibaru 10-20-2007 09:37 AM

Shadow, quite over analyzing it.

The hair just gets bigger when they get inflated by hose. It is all imaginary stuff, it can work however you like.

shadow 10-20-2007 09:53 AM

Well yeah, but I still have an odd mental image of someone shoving those little ball-inflater things into their hair.

Armadagon 10-20-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 116022)
That raises even more questions...
Such as, how does the hose attach to the hair in the first place, is it inflated through one of the biggest stock inflation parts(AKA the mouth; used for all forms of inflation, for no explained reason, I mean the belly and body expansion would make sense, due to the fact that it leads into the stomach, which digests a lot of stuff, thus spreading it to the entire body, through the blood system and what not).

then what would keep it from floating off the head if it was inflated with helium, because hair will come out with enough pressure, and the bond of the hair to the scalp would break before it lifted the body off the ground. But then again, helium, even with the many strands of hair, wouldn't be enough to lift the average human(of any size) off the ground, even if they inflated to three times their original size with the helium.

For the record, I'm not attacking the hair inflation stuff, I'm just trying to figure it out, and I'm outrageously bored at the moment.

Question not the plot holes, they are there for your convienience.

Also, you might want to look into Dizzy, also from Guilty Gear. Though her hair is not animated like Millia's, she does transform it in some of her attacks.

Sutibaru 10-20-2007 02:37 PM

Although nice, there is hardly any transformation when the character always have the ability over their hair.

frice2000 10-20-2007 08:29 PM

I have to disagree with you Sutibaru in regards to Guilty Gear's Millia. Yes, she has control over it but if we look into a few of your initial categories:

"Hair Growth/Inflation"
Can grow to extreme lengths and then return to normal size almost instantly.

"- Hair Appearance Transformation -"
She can make the hair solid enough to cut and injure her opponents while causing her no ill effects when holding it or wrapping her body in it, thus indicating a transformation of the molecules in the hair.

"- Hair Animation/Life -"
Pretty obvious. Grab objects kill opponents...

Was thinking about just letting your comment stand but it really does seem to fit with pretty much all the categories you listed so...What you seem to imply is that if a transformation is willing for example, some Were creatures, then they would not fit in a TF category. The same could be said for willing TG scenes, etc. Hell in Milia's case you even see frames of actual process with the hair growing and functioning as you characterized a hair transformation as.

You want unwilling hair TFs ok, I'll only post those in the future. Millia though is definitely a hair TF. Its repeated often likely hundreds of times if playing as the character in a average game play through.

Sutibaru 10-20-2007 10:03 PM

I meant more of it lessens the impact if the character uses control of the hair in such large amounts.

Drybones 10-24-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 (Post 115889)
One of my favorite aspects of a TF that gets sadly undersold!

Its a sad sad thing. Im sure their is a bit of untapped material in it though.

SoylentOrange 10-24-2007 09:53 PM

Just as an FYI, I've got a pretty big hair growth in the comic I commissioned Hmm! to draw and Indigo to color. The girl in the lower right corner here:

http://www.process-productions.com/f...3&d=1193170165

drinks a potion that causes her hair to grow down to the floor. I devote about four panels to the actual process, and she keeps the super-long hair to the end of the comic.

Unfortunately, it's a ways down the line- Hmm's going about 2 pages a week so far- but I just thought I'd let you know in advance.

MisplacedIdea 10-24-2007 10:43 PM

I'm definitely a fan of hair changes as a part of a TF (They're a natural fit in most TGs, after all), although I have to admit I've never thought of them on their own before. Probably some potential there, though...

Sutibaru 10-24-2007 11:42 PM

Yeah when I get time, I should draw an example of hair growth by itself.
I should also scan some clothes TF I did back when I was doing that Grandia II TF.

Abazaba 10-25-2007 02:32 AM

Awesome simply awesome. Can't wait to see it when its finished. Even if its made into a Pay comic in the process shop.

Gaffenheimer 10-25-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 116941)
Just as an FYI, I've got a pretty big hair growth in the comic I commissioned Hmm! to draw and Indigo to color. The girl in the lower right corner here:

http://www.process-productions.com/f...3&d=1193170165

drinks a potion that causes her hair to grow down to the floor. I devote about four panels to the actual process, and she keeps the super-long hair to the end of the comic.

Unfortunately, it's a ways down the line- Hmm's going about 2 pages a week so far- but I just thought I'd let you know in advance.

3 ta-tas. 3 ta-tas. 3... ta-tas...

SoylentOrange 10-26-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaffenheimer (Post 117124)

What's wrong with that? Haven't you ever seen any of the Process Beauty Contests befor? Three is conservative.

Here, look at the Winner's Circle from the last Beauty Contest Teefgar did: http://tftgar.deviantart.com/art/TPB...prize-61235579

3 ta-tas is *tame* :D

Sutibaru 10-26-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaffenheimer (Post 117124)

*insert Count's voice from Sesame Street*

Gaffenheimer 10-28-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 117373)
What's wrong with that? Haven't you ever seen any of the Process Beauty Contests befor? Three is conservative.

Here, look at the Winner's Circle from the last Beauty Contest Teefgar did: http://tftgar.deviantart.com/art/TPB...prize-61235579

3 ta-tas is *tame* :D

There's nothing wrong with it. I was mesmerized, fool! Now you woke me up.

lbh 10-28-2007 08:20 PM

Here is a trailer for a Japanese Horror Movie called "Hair Extentions", there have been a lot of hair related sequences in JP Horror, hope you like: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ucDY4hfvms

DrillMaster 11-01-2007 11:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ah, this is one of my favorites, though it is sadly underrated. The big one is Medusa from Marvel. DC has a girl named Goldilocks that does the same. I have pics of that somewhere.

Then there is Simpson Comics. At one point the town gets Superpowers and that is what Marge's...er the Entangler's power is.

There's also one in Okitsune Sama De Chu. Got that one too somehwere. I think it's the next chapter that Taruby will translate.

ma-kun 11-01-2007 09:53 PM

i actually own that comic.

Existimatio 11-03-2007 05:10 PM

Ah! I know of a perfect hair transformation, but the manga escapes me right now...

*edit* It's One Piece...'cept it's actually on a guy...but...uhm, yeah. XD

DrillMaster 11-03-2007 06:52 PM

Technically, One Piece does have one. Miss Doublefinger turned her hair into spikes against Nami.

Pebbles 11-06-2007 02:49 PM

Drybones 11-06-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pebbles (Post 119751)
Yeah I remeber a cartoon that involved this years and years ago I can't actually remeber alot of it Not it's name any of the charictars names... Or even if it exsisted at all I infact might have made it all up and forgotten I did O_o

I must have been about 7 and the cartoon wasn't actually intended for my age group so I didn't really pay much attention although I watched it. so sorry if this is full of errors... You can Phenoix Wright is you want.

*Witness testimony!*
The story begins with a teenage girl (13-16) who has cropped short black hair and is "rock chick/Mini goth" in dress style she's talking to a friend of hers who is an american jock footballer type... They get along well and he's laughing at her jokes she thinks to herself that she wants him "As more than a friend" however there conversation gets interrupted by a girl (I think her name was hayley or somthing) With long waist length blonde hair and typical "Pretty good girl" clothing dress, jumper, carrying homework books ect.

Anyway Football boy is clearly dumbstruck with how attracted he is to this girl and stares at her as she gose past ending there convosation. Our Protagonist says somthing like.
"I know he has a thing for long blonde hair but do I really mean nothing?!" and is clearly highly envious of his diverted attention.

She storms off and gose to see a trainee witch person (See this makes me think it was a dream as magic is against the typical realistic flow of the story) Our protagonist requests she casts a spell on her to make her the "eye of his affections" *Typical animated spell casting sequence* and afterwards our protagonists short black hair actually floofs off her head leaving her completely bald.

She screams at the witch for fouling up but the witch assures her she did include a rapid regrowth part of the spell it just hasn't kicked in yet. Our rock girl puts a beanie hat on and leaves sulking... after leaving the witches shop she spots her other (Female) friends she hides from them not wanting them to see her in her current state and have a laughing fit they don't notice her because they are talking to new blonde girl hayley... This makes our protagonist even more envious and angry she gose to (restroom I think) and inspects her hair whitch is now stubble under her hat she investigates the regrowth closer and a sudden tug feeling on her scalp and her hair rapidly grows down to her shoulders and it is the pale blonde as promised, she dose a happy dance pleased with her new look and suddenly looks sinister and evil knowing time of revenge is nigh.

(I honestly cant remeber what happens here either I wasn't paying attention or I've just forgotten but this is what I presume happened due to the future outplay of events was) She gose off and to do some clothes shopping and wears her new hair in a variation of different ways and styles as it grows in spurts.
The next time we see her she has very thick Hip/waist length blonde hair and is dressed in attire similar to Hayley sporting a red hairband and big ribbon in her new hair to ready to confront her and steal back control of her friends.

She appears with classic dramatic cartoon entrance to where hayley and her friends are, Her football guy-friend immediately swoons over to her disregarding hayley suddenly paying our protagonist all nature of soppy romantic comments. Her other friends however are confused thinking "What has she done to herself?" (Some even stating distain for her new look) Hayley hasn't even met our protagonist yet and is confused & bewildered by this display seemingly mimicking and mocking her.

Football boy overcome with lust makes all sorts of stupid comments Rock-girl trys to reply to his romantic jibberish but she's not a mushy-crap talker she's as we know a rebel and stammers alot in her replies.

Her failed attempts at pointless slush are interupted as she feels a tug on her hair and it grows down to her Calfs and becomes even thicker. The guy becomes even more deranged with lust.

It's now our protagonist has her classic moral epifenyof the show thinking "Agh no it's far too much now, will it ever stop growing?! Jeeze just what the hell am I doing? None of this is me at all... I want this guy to like me not be my pet. ugh can't belive I was so stupid and shallow."

She shakes off her daft behaviour and instead says "I need to find that witch. I've done somthing really dumb" one of her friends suddenly realizes what shes done and who she's stupidly gone to and rushes off to go get her to reverse the spell... Our protagonist tries to leave with her but her wrist is grabbed by the boy who is now maddened with desire for her she tries to wriggle free but instead her hair grows again in another large spurt a Tress of her hair aggressively pushes him away from her. Her hair is now longer than she is tall and thicker than she is, Although distressed by the situation she says wittily "Heh I thought this much hair would be hard to look after but apprently it looks after itself" As soon as she says that it grows again Covering everyone waist deep in blonde hair.

The football guy gets cacooned somwhere away from her speaking muffled loving jibberish. Our protagonist is now sitting atop her own hair with limbs of her friends flailing out of it She says "Oh god I'm such an idiot I'd give anything to have my old hair back, Least then I had friends!" she begins to cry.

Just then the witch comes in with the friend and is stunned by how awry her terrible spell has gone she quickly reverses the spell returning our protagonist to her original short dark hair (And clothing somhow O_o) and they enjoy a happy ending where they all tie up the emotional mess they made and the girl promises not to be so daft in future.

I can draw some pictures of my memory of this if any of you think it would be relivent?

Well can you come up with things like channel, or when it aired?

Pebbles 11-07-2007 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybones (Post 119811)
Well can you come up with things like channel, or when it aired?

Well it was in the 1990's I can't give a more presice year and it would have been shown as I live in the UK... on either
BBC1 BBC2, ITV, Channel4

Sorry I can't be more helpful :/

dcletcher 11-27-2007 02:16 PM

Don't forget this one.

Pure Growth #6 is all about hair, one of my favorite subjects.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sterlingcomics/

Look in the photos section to se the cover.

And this is one of the sexiest videos I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqaT7oPBCuE

just search on YouTube for shampoo comercials or Pantene for lots of great hair transformation.

Shadow00000 12-04-2007 06:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[Kentaro Yabuki(矢吹健太朗)?Hasemi Saki(長谷見沙貴)] To LOVE-Ru - Trouble - (To LOVEる -とらぶる-) - Trouble 76 (トラブル76 「お泊り会」)[Shonen Jump(ジャンプ)][2007-50]

It seems one of the girls can control and also reshape his hair, probabily she appears in earlier volumes, but for now I only have the recent chapters. The manga is written by Hasemi Saki, and illustrated by Kentaro Yabuki (creator of Black Cat). The chapter's title is Ohakuri Kai.

I'll leave the preview pics until I get the rest of the current manga, so I can make a compilation with the relevant chapters.

EDIT: She appears first in Trouble 42 ?, then battles again in 72, and seems to have the ability to reshape her own body as well.

s2325 12-09-2007 09:57 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Othdkbilszw

SkruLuce 12-09-2007 09:59 PM

Pretty cool commercial! I've had that snack before, too. It's a lot like Pocky, really, except it's got crunchy bits in the frosting.

Beno 12-13-2007 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here's a small bit of hair transformation from Udon's "Darkstalkers"

SkruLuce 12-14-2007 01:35 PM

Actually, that's female to female TF. It's Morrigan changing her form to fit the guy's tastes.

Shadow00000 12-26-2007 10:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[Inoue Yoshihisa(井上よしひさ)] Pony Drugger (ポニードラッガー)[2005-08]

Comic A-UN (COMIC 阿吽) 2005-08 - Vol.111

Hair Growth, which leds to ponytail. I bet Poni-O would be delighted with this one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/79327884...5-08_.rar.html

Sutibaru 12-26-2007 10:08 PM

I love it! <3

Sutibaru 12-27-2007 11:03 AM

Actually I am going to make a remix of the manga posted there. Going to reorder some images to make the sequence even better. ^^

Maybe put some english in.

LK 12-27-2007 11:14 AM

Very nice. ^^

Sutibaru 12-27-2007 01:02 PM

I guess it came out alright.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3307/hair2fk9.png

SoylentOrange 12-27-2007 01:13 PM

Nice job, suti!

Vengeance1701 12-27-2007 02:21 PM

Now that's what I call a hair growth TF:)

CaptainKlutz 12-28-2007 05:26 PM

Wow!

Awesome work, Suti! We don't see that sort of TF near enough!

Shadow00000 01-06-2008 10:01 AM

[Natsuki Matsuzawa] Hana no Shinsengumi - Vol.03 [2002-05-27][HG/HC/TF]

4 Attachment(s)
[Natsuki Matsuzawa(松沢夏樹)] Hana no Shinsengumi (華の神剣組) - Vol.03 [2002-05-27]

http://rapidshare.com/files/81760834...ment_.zip.html

It seems the girl can both control and make her hair grow, the guy is unable to scratch it even using a sword, her hair later grow breaking throught the floor.

There is a TF latter, sort of demon, succubus, or snow fairy. Anyways the series may feature other female TFs, as I don't have any other volume it'll post it here for now.

SkruLuce 01-06-2008 12:09 PM

Ah! That reminds me of the girl from Black Cat. If memory serves, she could do the same with her hair...I'll have to dig up my episodes and check on that.

Shadow00000 01-06-2008 12:29 PM

I actually wanted to check that manga, Love Ru artwork was pretty good, but unlike Black Cat it doesn't have 20 Volumes.

Guess I'll check, thanks for the info.

SkruLuce 01-07-2008 11:54 AM

No problem. I don't usually have much to contribute, but I do what I can.

Shadow00000 01-07-2008 05:13 PM

[Inoue Yoshihisa(井上よしひさ)] Pony Drugger (ポニードラッガー)[2006-07-05]

http://rapidshare.com/files/82098750...7-05_.zip.html

[Inoue Yoshihisa(井上よしひさ)] Sunao (淳~すなお~)[2006-07-25]

It's exactly the same, but the scans are clearer, the resolution is almost the same, but the file size for the A-UN scans were about 6.5 MB, this are about 13 MB, the images lost less quality from the JPG compression, the artifacts can be easily seen zooming on the characters of the A-UN scans.

Sutibaru 01-07-2008 06:55 PM

A bit of hair TF in Uzumaki.

http://www.oorei.com/imagenes/uzumaki.jpg

Shadow00000 01-09-2008 09:50 PM

Inoue Yoshihisa is currently making Ojii-chan ha Shounen Tantei on the Dengeki Daioh.

Mr_DNA 01-10-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutibaru (Post 133811)
A bit of hair TF in Uzumaki.

Awesome! I didn't realize there was a manga. I loved that scene in the movie.

Sutibaru 01-10-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_DNA (Post 134450)
Awesome! I didn't realize there was a manga. I loved that scene in the movie.

I didn't realize it was possibly to not know the movie was based off a manga. o,o
I demand you to read it. >w<

CairnSeeker 01-10-2008 07:56 AM

*peeks in*
Hmm... the first thing I think of when I read this thread is the Dexter's Laboratory episode "Folly Call". I don't know where to find a clip, but basically Dexter tries to help Dee Dee re-grow one of her pony tails, which causes her hair to grow really quick and overflow the house. It is not the best looking process, but I wanted to tell about it just in case.

CairnSeeker 01-10-2008 08:05 AM

Oh, and in Book 0 of the webcomic Flipside there's a female semi-antagonist who can control her hair. I don't know if it counts as process as it seems to be an ability that she can control, but since such things have been posted in this thread earlier, at least someone could find it interesting.

http://www.flipsidecomics.com <-- The webcomic.
http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs14titl.html <- The title page for the chapter where she makes her first appearance.

Sutibaru 01-10-2008 12:57 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worst-Witch-...999139&sr=8-10
This looks very interesting.

Essentially a witch cuts her hair too short so she uses a spell to grow her hair. But things get out of control and her hair starts to fill the school. ^^