The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transgender Process (M2F / F2M) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   It Figures(TG, SW, BE, Clothing, Inanimate, Mental) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9351)

Mysticguy 12-17-2007 09:37 AM

It Figures(TG, SW, BE, Clothing, Inanimate, Mental)

15 Attachment(s)
Aakashi has just finished up a couple of TG sequences, and here's the big one! We'd like to hear some thoughts!

Very_Good_Karma 12-17-2007 11:32 AM

I like this! The art is okay, and carries the story, but this is the first original transformation plot I've seen in years. Other pluses:

- The characterizing bit at the beginning really helped the story hold together, and was even a little funny.

- Lots of process, duh. The whole point of coming here.

- While characters narrating their own transformation can get really awkward, the blow-by-blow here is handled well and adds to rather than subtracts from the comic.

- The big third panel on page 10 sets up the last act of the story very well and gives a nice sense of the passage of time.

- A character who intentionally seeks out a transformation rather than just being a prop.

- Happy Ending! Woo!

Some things you might want to improve on:

- The faces. In some panels, they have been drawn waaay too hastily. I understand that this is a loose drawing style, but there is a level of distortion which just looks bad. The first panels of pages 10 and 12 are major offenders.

- Eye style. The characters' pupils come and go; it seems to be attempting to convey a wink sometimes, but other times it's not clear what it means. The all-white eyes came off as a little creepy in some panels. I'd recommend working on a wider range of expressions, especially a proper wink, and making pupils consistent unless it's associated with a complete character style-shift such as chibi.

I really enjoyed seeing this, and thank you for posting it on The Process!

bacattack 12-17-2007 12:00 PM

This one was close to being beyond awesome, While I've never been comfortable with how the artist draws eyes that's a matter of personal preference, not a comment on the quality of the art.

I like that the artist tried to give it a sense of story and character. That's something most of these TFs lack, and it's a nice change from the norm.

I-Dig-Hot-Chicks 12-17-2007 03:46 PM

Hehehe! That was funny!

Ran 12-17-2007 03:52 PM

Aah, I check the ~akuoreo deviantart fairly often. The style is distinctive, I like it. This one is quite good. She's done better ones, but it's up there.

TroyXavier 12-17-2007 04:46 PM

Overall nice but I definitely agree with the eye thing......it's like they're not even attached to the body in some panels.

dokhidamo 12-17-2007 06:54 PM

I tried the deviant page someone posted above and I couldn't find anything. Anyone have a link to a site with more of this on it?

gruegirl 12-17-2007 07:15 PM

It's very nice, I tend to like Akashi's style, particularly his stuff with Legion.

Vengeance1701 12-17-2007 07:29 PM

Grue, I'm fairly certain Akashi is a girl. Near 100 percent certain;)

Mysticguy 12-17-2007 08:48 PM

Yes, she is a girl. Once we have a camera, I shall attempt to capture her image and prove it.

TroyXavier 12-17-2007 08:57 PM

I have no problems believing it. Just wish she'd draw her guys a little more masculine. Her girls are very nice though.

ToboR 12-17-2007 09:15 PM

What a very entertaining series of transformations throughout! The only real complaint I have is that the "narrative" of the victim gets to be a little much sometimes. Of course, when there's largely only one person there, it's also pretty boring to not hear what they're thinking, either.