The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Growth (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)

pseudoclever 05-27-2009 12:37 PM

Re: Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM)

Black box white text. And I disagree with liveordie, I don't think it blocks the scene. It's got a nice transparency.

LOD 05-27-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 308473)
Black box white text. And I disagree with liveordie, I don't think it blocks the scene. It's got a nice transparency.

Oh I'm sorry, that's not what I was meaning to say. :)

I think that these text blocks work nicely for him, and do give a great effect.

What I meant was when I made my first comic I felt just like he did. I may have to use comic bubbles or another effect in the next one I'm working on ;)

ltmiroku 05-27-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 308458)
Which do you like better (you can say neither if you have a better idea)?

gotta say they both look nice. i mean the transparent look is a nice touch for letting you see the background better but keeping in the sense you can read whats going on. nice concept ^.^

White Box and Black text is widely used on things. you could be the different person of the grp.

but i'll vote old school and say White Box and black text. ^.^

beguy200 05-28-2009 08:09 AM

i'am more for the first settings the one with the letters in blank.
And as i have said in giantesscity, i like your work

DangerousDave 05-30-2009 10:56 AM

25 Attachment(s)
Big update, much sooner than expected - don't get used to it :)
I got caught up and ended up spending waaay too much time on this.

Again, if you have any plot suggestions, they will be appreciated. I'm really just figuring the story out as I go along.

j2k 05-30-2009 01:14 PM

I really like her model.
She's very smooth.

LK 05-30-2009 01:19 PM

OK, now that's a plot device I can get behind.

TF-Viewer 05-30-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2k (Post 309676)
I really like her model.
She's very smooth.

I agree, the whole thing looks really good actually. I'm always impressed just how far CG stuff has come over the years.

DangerousDave 05-30-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltmiroku (Post 308326)
your shadows look way off the lighting feels like someone has there car's brights on

I was really eager to do this batch of renders, so I didn't have time to stop and fix the lighting. But now I want to try.

I am using 1 light with with shadowing and the rest without, like you said.
I do want the shadowing on their bodies and faces, it adds to the realism, but I want to avoid the big shadows on the wall.

I'm less worried about the light sources looking real (from lamps/sun). Another reason I'm using only spots and not point lights is that they've caused me some problems. For example, the pink light from Pym's device is a point light. when I tried to turn on the shadows for it, its light disappeared from the render.

Thanks.

pseudoclever 05-30-2009 07:28 PM

I like this piece thus far. I'll agree there were some minor lighting issues, and to be perfectly honest that frame where you essentially said "HEY GUYS, this is how this thing works!" ...that might have been a little heavy-handed. Your target audience knows the conventions of the genre. You already said it was a transfer story, and even if we didn't know, you communicated it with the doctor yelling "NO NOT NOW!"

But I want to make it clear that this is still really good thus far. I wouldn't be critiquing it if I didn't think it had promise.

DangerousDave 05-30-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 309806)
that frame where you essentially said "HEY GUYS, this is how this thing works!" ...that might have been a little heavy-handed. Your target audience knows the conventions of the genre.

Well I still wanted to explain exactly how it works, with the 5cm thing. What I don't intend on doing is have them constantly measuring themselves and saying "OMG, now I'm 190!", so I needed people to be able to figure out the heights themselves, more or less.

LOD 05-30-2009 10:51 PM

I think it was useful knowledge :D

And I absolutely love what you have going here.