The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Smash Bros! (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33952)

Muhznit 07-06-2013 09:46 AM

Re: New Smash Bros!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Echo (Post 702608)
Other drawback: can't grab aerial people.

Most characters can't. <_< I mean technically speaking most characters have their hitbox flags set to be able to grab characters in air or on ground, but the grab occurs so close to the ground that they might as well only be able to grab grounded characters. Aerial grabs are mostly in the form of specials like Ganon's Side B, Wario, Kirby, and D3's Neutral B... yeah.

Chaos Echo 07-06-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhznit (Post 702620)
Most characters can't. <_< I mean technically speaking most characters have their hitbox flags set to be able to grab characters in air or on ground, but the grab occurs so close to the ground that they might as well only be able to grab grounded characters. Aerial grabs are mostly in the form of specials like Ganon's Side B, Wario, Kirby, and D3's Neutral B... yeah.

Well, yeah, but doing chainthrows and such, or if someone jumps up from below, being able to grab an aerial opponent is far more useful than you'd think.

...granted, Samus's grab doesn't come out at a speed that is conducive to either, but...

Keile 07-07-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Echo (Post 702624)
Well, yeah, but doing chainthrows and such, or if someone jumps up from below, being able to grab an aerial opponent is far more useful than you'd think.

...granted, Samus's grab doesn't come out at a speed that is conducive to either, but...

True, but Samus never was an air grabber. The extended Grapple makes it easier to grab onto the stage, however, when being tossed off.

I find it odd how many people don't even know you can do that with Samus/Link....

Muhznit 07-07-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keile (Post 702712)
True, but Samus never was an air grabber. The extended Grapple makes it easier to grab onto the stage, however, when being tossed off.

I find it odd how many people don't even know you can do that with Samus/Link....

It's one of the memorable glitches for me. Didn't know it could be done with link though.

vincent_richter 07-07-2013 08:55 AM

I thought they all had some form of "recovery" from that scenario...

nightfieldzero 07-07-2013 09:14 AM

They are talking about tethering which is different from Up-B recovery.

Keile 07-08-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhznit (Post 702732)
It's one of the memorable glitches for me. Didn't know it could be done with link though.

It's not a glitch, it was an intended feature. In their respective games, the Grapple Hook/Hookshot were used in this manner, which is why they put it in Smash Bros. Samus, Link, Young/Toon Link can all do it.

It was featured in all three of the SSB titles thus far.

Chaos Echo 12-18-2013 10:09 AM

Resurrecting this thread to say: Newcomerrrrrrrrr!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/rosetta.html

tghawk555 12-18-2013 04:10 PM

She looks so beautiful in HD!!

TF-Viewer 12-18-2013 04:17 PM

Grr.. when does this game come out? Me want play now

TB Tabby 12-18-2013 09:55 PM

Next month.

I wasn't expecting to get Rosalina, though I welcome her. I always liked her in Super Mario Galaxy (screw Lubba), and she seems to have a two-characters-at-once mechanic that's different from the Ice Climbers that I'd like to learn more about. I still want Krystal, though.

TF-Viewer 12-19-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB Tabby (Post 719212)
Next month.

Why would you lie about that? That's mean. It doesn't even have a release date yet.