The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transgender Process (M2F / F2M) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Paid Content IS ALLOWED (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40206)

Vengeance1701 04-11-2016 10:40 AM

Paid Content IS ALLOWED

Just to be perfectly clear. Process forums allow for and support artists looking to advertise their wares. Not everything has to be free. I look at it as a positive. People legitimately believe they can make some money for process-style content.

Can I afford to pay for most of it? No. But that's my problem. Artists deserve to be paid for their work. If it's not priced correctly or if the quality is not there, the market will dictate their success.

Consider: if you spent all that time and effort making something, it would be nice to get some sort of reward. Compliments are not enough in the real world.

If an artist makes something free, then obviously that is welcome but it is not something to be demanded.

Cactus Jack 04-11-2016 04:21 PM

Re: Paid Content IS ALLOWED

This seems like something that should be a pinned thread.

transformative 04-11-2016 09:16 PM

well said

edwardfandango 04-12-2016 09:24 AM

It's important to support the people who want to provide paid content to our "community," but not everyone here is interested in purchasing something. This forum is also about hanging out and sharing the free stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd like to know when a post is advertising something and when it isn't.

How about adding a marker or a tag to help differentiate one from the other?

Cactus Jack 04-12-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardfandango (Post 770053)
It's important to support the people who want to provide paid content to our "community," but not everyone here is interested in purchasing something. This forum is also about hanging out and sharing the free stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd like to know when a post is advertising something and when it isn't.

How about adding a marker or a tag to help differentiate one from the other?

Exactly, the thread that started all this started with "New Comic Released!" which implies "Here, take this." when it should have said "New Comic On Sale!"

Sphore 04-14-2016 02:58 AM

I think it's reasonable to have paid content, as long as there's a tag on posts so that we know if we're going to run into any paygates.

Eviscerator 04-14-2016 04:18 AM

You might want to specify. Linking to paid content, or content creators showcasing their stuff is allowed.

Posting paid content is not.

Or am I mistaken in this?

danielsangeo 04-14-2016 05:19 AM

Posting paid content, so that nonpaying people can get access to the content, is not allowed.

Jimbo 04-14-2016 09:16 AM

as a up and coming artist I'm worried 4chan are gonna rip me off like they did Black shirt boy and many other greats. if they keep doing it. the circle will just be kept with those who want to commission or those we trust.

I'm not gonna stand for pirates. :/

vincent_richter 04-15-2016 12:01 AM

Strictly speaking as someone who used to frequent that scene and maintains contacts for the purpose of tracking illicit activity, /b/tards are the least of your worries.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and don't let the fact that cheap asshole ripoff artists exist dissuade you from your own fulfillment. I'm broke at the moment, but I can get satisfaction easily enough from the various boorus and dA when necessary, so there's no excuse for piracy.