The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Growth (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)

DangerousDave 05-26-2009 02:09 PM

Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM)(updated june 12th)

11 Attachment(s)
Ok, I've been thinking about doing a rendered story for a while now, and I'm finally giving it a shot. I know that CG animation is less popular here, but I visit this site a lot, so posting only in GTScity seems odd to me. Hope some of you still like it.

The basic concept will be size transfer from a man to a woman, but beyond that, I haven't really formed much of the story yet. That's really why I'm posting - I want people's input.

So please - critisize, nitpick, and suggest all you want.

DangerousDave.

rabbit_king 05-26-2009 02:16 PM

Re: Just a little bit (slow MiniGTS, slow SM)

i love the art style i hope to see were this goes

LOD 05-26-2009 02:25 PM

Well I'm, all for it when it comes to size transference, it's my favorite scenario. And I've recently taken up renders too so I'll be glad to help you.

From what I can tell you're doing a great job with the expressions. Great poses, and fantastic story and dialog. You've also got very deep shadowing, it's a small distraction on some of the images, but nothing very drastic :)

Which software are you using? Poser 7? Daz?

robclassact 05-26-2009 04:30 PM

I'm all for it, man. I dig these types of stories.

pseudoclever 05-26-2009 05:09 PM

Looks really good. I don't typically like sm but there are plenty who do. Beyond that, size transfer is a cool genre.

Criticism - your font looks a little strange. I would say it doesn't work well with the visuals - they're too soft, the text is too sharp. Maybe experiment with some text boxes?

DangerousDave 05-26-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveordie83 (Post 308179)
You've also got very deep shadowing, it's a small distraction on some of the images, but nothing very drastic :)

Which software are you using? Poser 7? Daz?

I'm using DAZ. I'd appreciate advice about the lighting.
What I did was set 2 spotlights at the top front and top back of the room, and pointed them both twards the area of the bed. I opened the light spread to the maximum (180 degrees) and lowered the intensity a bit until it stopped being too bright (80%). I also added another spotlight that points to the door, because that side of the room seemed too dark, and I lowered it's intensity even more (60%).

Am I in the right direction? Should I do something completely different? I'm a complete newb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 308222)
Criticism - your font looks a little strange. I would say it doesn't work well with the visuals - they're too soft, the text is too sharp. Maybe experiment with some text boxes?

Yeah, I didn't want to use boxes because they'd hide too much of the picture, but I may not have a choice. I'll upload a few variations when I get the time.

Oh, and everyone feel free to give plot suggestions. I'm not really sure exactly who turned her down, or how the size transfer will hapeen, or even what to call the characters. Again, keep in mind that this will take me a while (full time job + night school).

DangerousDave.

LOD 05-26-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDave (Post 308313)
I'm using DAZ. I'd appreciate advice about the lighting.
What I did was set 2 spotlights at the top front and top back of the room, and pointed them both twards the area of the bed. I opened the light spread to the maximum (180 degrees) and lowered the intensity a bit until it stopped being too bright (80%). I also added another spotlight that points to the door, because that side of the room seemed too dark, and I lowered it's intensity even more (60%).

Am I in the right direction? Should I do something completely different? I'm a complete newb.

DangerousDave.

Okay try this :)

You've got those two lamps on the bedposts. Try to make the light look like it's coming from them. And also consider whether you are wanting a light to cast shadows and the darkness of those shadows.

ltmiroku 05-26-2009 10:45 PM

maybe i can help i like the lighting here but when doing lighting remember to adjust it to where its realy comeing from, have 1 with Shadowing, that light should be the Lamp light or the outside lighting or where you want it.

if your chars look to dark any use Point lighting with Diffuse Only setup in Parameters, Diffuse dosen't shadow makes it perfect for lighting .

your shadows look way off the lighting feels like someone has there car's brights on that can be bad :(

try for Distant light when adding it get your view in place and do it at Viewpoint it saves some time trying to get it just where you want it ^.^

don't forget color lighting like the sun it self or a lamp shade color this adds effect to the scene makes it pop out more ^.^ its not alwas needed mind you just a thought.

anyways i hope this helps some if you have any questions ask away ^.^

as for the story it looks realy nice you have the feelings and the chars down pretty well ^.^

dartnet 05-26-2009 11:29 PM

Great so far keep going.

bigboy83 05-27-2009 05:53 AM

ok great start.

DangerousDave 05-27-2009 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudoclever (Post 308222)

Which do you like better (you can say neither if you have a better idea)?

LOD 05-27-2009 11:47 AM

Hmm I like the black box w/ white text.

But I feel the same way you did about adding text-boxes. I was worried about them ruining my scenes and blocking the backgrounds.