The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Inflation and Expansion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Size Con privacy and those traveling solo (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42144)

Jitensha 05-01-2017 02:33 PM

Size Con privacy and those traveling solo

Hopefully by now most of you have heard about Size Con, happening July29-30th!

After speaking with a meetup attendee this past weekend, I think we have been doing a bad job at addressing privacy concerns as well as helping attendees feel more at ease if they're traveling solo to Size Con 17.

First, privacy is HUGE for us, which is why you don’t find a lot of photographs from our 2016 event. Many of us have public jobs, including Bryan our co-founder who has a medical profession. Many of our attendees at Size Con 16′ as well as at our meetups are teachers, doctors, nurses, or hold other very public jobs. We also sell our tickets through Eventbrite, so we do not have your financial information, or address. The most we need is a name, which we will not share. This is only so that we can check IDs for minors, as well as match Con badges to attendees. We would never of course reveal our attendee list, because Bryan, myself and many of our friends are on it too.

Your privacy is important to us, because we all care about privacy. Remember that videos are not allowed at the con, and photos are only allowed with explicit permission of all those in the photo. Not following the rules will mean you can be ejected from the event and banned from future Size Cons. We had zero instances of this, harassment or any sort of inappropriate behavior at Size Con last year, but as always, we will have volunteer security and staff available to assist you if something inappropriate were to happen.

Size Con always has and always will be a place of inclusivity, respect and community. This is why there should be no problem finding others to mingle with at the event in between panels, games and tech demos. At last year's Size Con, our attendees ranged from 18-70 years old, a third were female, every race and ethnicity was present, as well as straight, gay and trans people. You will NOT be alone. Everyone around you understands your immense love for you size fantasy 8) Our focus is on community building, providing educational panels like size+sex, run with the help of TES (BDSM non-profit - http://www.tes.org/) members, or fun activities like size VR demos. We want to celebrate our unique fascination in a accepting atmosphere among other size fanciers. Because we pushed a community agenda, many friendships were born last Size Con. Who knows who you'll meet? 8)

We hope to make connecting with others a little easier, by inviting ticket holders to our own slack channel so that they can find roommates to split a hotel room with for example. We also hope to start posting a voluntary list of attendees by username so that you can see if a friend, or someone you admire online is attending. We know traveling alone, especially to an adult con can be a bit scary, so please let us know what we can do to ease any doubts you may have about attending the con. If you have any lingering concerns about attending Size Con, please let us know so we can address them. We hope to see you this July29-30 at Size Con 2017! If you happened to attend Size Con 16', please feel free to share your experience at the con. Thanks! :D

-Veronica (Jit)

P.S.
We do have some artist alley tables available, if interested in being a vendor at Size Con 2017, please e-mail Bryan at nycsizecon@gmail.com !

SoylentOrange 05-02-2017 06:35 AM

Re: Size Con privacy and those traveling solo

This is great thing and addresses many concerns people obviously have.

One personal question: how often are passes/lanyards checked? Is it just once to get into the venue, and then you could slip a blocking card over it?

Metatron 05-02-2017 04:46 PM

Sad, still no west coast event.

Jitensha 05-02-2017 11:11 PM

Sorry, we're still a very small con...ironically :P Maybe one day there will be one on the west coast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 793561)
One personal question: how often are passes/lanyards checked? Is it just once to get into the venue, and then you could slip a blocking card over it?

We only check them to get in and out of the venue, but it benefits you to keep them out since your badges let others know if you're OK with adult conversations, what you're into, etc. We don't put actual names on the badge, we use usernames, or whatever name you wish to put on it.
Here's a pic of our badges last year.
http://kreeyz.com/wp-content/uploads...4/IMG_4709.jpg

The red badges mean you're OK with adult conversations, and the blue ones were for people who prefer to keep it clean. Lots of red ones last year :D

SoylentOrange 05-03-2017 05:55 AM

Oh, that's fantastic. So you only have to use your real name/ID when you go to registration to get your badge? (And try to order from the bar, I'm guessing. :P)

Jitensha 05-03-2017 11:23 AM

That's right! It's just to check that the person who purchased the ticket is indeed you, and that you are over the age of 18. There is also a bar attached to the hotel, and I'd assume you'd need to show your ID too to buy alcohol. Aside from that, no one needs to see your ID. :3

SoylentOrange 05-03-2017 11:38 AM

Well I'd say you just increased the probability of me attending next year's a great deal... :D

Hell, might even put together a panel or workshop on writing size fiction, if you'll take it!

Jitensha 05-03-2017 09:41 PM

We may~! We're always open to vetting new panels if you have one prepared! :)
Just so you know though, Size Con 18' isn't a guaranteed event. It all depends on if this event is a successful one, so please consider coming and/or spreading the word ;D

SoylentOrange 05-04-2017 04:51 PM

I'm all about spreading the word- I just don't think i could afford airfare/hotels this year.

danielsangeo 05-06-2017 02:41 PM

As stated in another thread, I hope to bring back the IC/B2E website soon. If that goes well, I might come to SizeCon in 2018 (if it exists). I can't do it in 2017, sadly.

Jitensha 05-12-2017 01:29 PM

Well if we do have one next year, we're looking forward to everything y'all want to bring to the table ^^ Thanks for your interest!

MG 05-18-2017 01:44 PM

First off, I am still very much closeted. Though I am working to break out of my shell. That said, I had no issues with privacy at all, and I see no reason (thanks to the protocols they have in place) that the same high/strict standards for privacy should not be enforced at the Con again this year. I can only rave about last years event and I hope that you will abandon all hesitancy and come attend this amazing event.

Also, I am in Lexington, Kentucky. If you are in the tri-state area and would possibly like to ride-share, I am considering getting a small bus to take a large number of us to the con. Splitting the travel this way should be MUCH cheaper and you get to make friends before the con even starts.
So, give me a shout if you wish to travel in a group
maxgrowthproductions@gmail.com