The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breast Expansion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite POV (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46207)

JJStrebas 11-05-2019 09:09 AM

Favorite POV

In a process story, how do you like the narrative to be told? What provides the best flow or the best overall experience for you?

Multiple choice and anonymous.

JJStrebas 11-07-2019 06:01 AM

Re: Favorite POV

Thanks for the responses. This reinforces my tendency to choose 3rd person limited as my go to POV. IMO it offers the flexibility needed to explore a variety of scenes especially if you have more than a few characters. I am not too keen on deity level overview because I think some authors use it to narrate something that should be "shown" and not "told."

1st person can be a lot of fun, but there tends to be a lot of exposition from the MC which can be tricky, clever or drags if not done right. I really liked doing it for Bosom Destiny and About Marlin. Gaia Ambition started out that way but I figured it would be better told from dual POVs because of the number of characters and the unique and almost opposite POVs the two MCs have.

I have never seriously considered trying to do 2nd person. The idea seems awkward and totally alien to me. I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up and an erotic version of that would be awesome, but you can't do that with Amazon. I would have to just make all the choices for the reader... I don't know, I'll keep mulling it over.

A new "spinoff" series is next using 3rd person limited.

Blake Isaac Gordon 11-07-2019 09:31 PM

Ah goodness, I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Third person is the most common utilized POV in fiction. Yet, you can dial up the intimacy to 11 utilizing First person.

One of my favorite books ,Stephen King's: Christine, was written in first person (even though the internet states it was written in both First and Third, but I don't see that)

If you have a bunch of main characters I think Third person Limited is the best, but it all depends on the type of story you are trying write. In the past I've scrapped POVs mid way through the second draft just because 'something felt off'.

Also in limited third person you can break up your dialog with descriptive mannerisms like hair twirling, or fidgeting, or even messing with some control panel on the plot device.

I hope you lean towards the third person, mostly because those can be quick stories.

Best of luck with your fiction,

Blake

JJStrebas 11-08-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon (Post 831073)
Ah goodness, I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Third person is the most common utilized POV in fiction. Yet, you can dial up the intimacy to 11 utilizing First person.

One of my favorite books ,Stephen King's: Christine, was written in first person (even though the internet states it was written in both First and Third, but I don't see that)

If you have a bunch of main characters I think Third person Limited is the best, but it all depends on the type of story you are trying write. In the past I've scrapped POVs mid way through the second draft just because 'something felt off'.

Also in limited third person you can break up your dialog with descriptive mannerisms like hair twirling, or fidgeting, or even messing with some control panel on the plot device.

I hope you lean towards the third person, mostly because those can be quick stories.

Best of luck with your fiction,

Blake

Yeah, I feel the same way. I was trying to figure out how to do this next story and I had automatically decided I was going to do it the same way as the one that inspired it. But then I thought that wouldn't set it apart enough from the first, even if I chose to focus on a different MC. It's funny how you (in general) would have to scrap whole scenes and can't explore certain ideas because of POV choice, but that's the way it is.

3rd limited it is, thanks.

BillPratt 11-10-2019 09:21 PM

Do writers from Galifrey use fifth person?

catfish27 11-11-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillPratt (Post 831142)
Do writers from Galifrey use fifth person?

I assume Gallifreyan "writing" consists of finding a timeline in which the exact thing you were going to write has already been written, and checking it out of the library.*

*Only do this if your T.A.R.D.I.S. is working properly, lest your library late fines reach a total higher than the amount of money in the entire universe.

OhZone 11-12-2019 10:07 AM

I think whatever makes sense for the story, although I enjoy it best when I get changed!

Ha

We need more POV BE! Oh Yeah.

SuperSecretUserName 11-12-2019 12:41 PM

You know, I saw this thread as I've lurked on by a few times, and it got me thinking. I think this actually is a pretty good poll indicating the POV not just necessarily of what someone's into or is looking at, but also where they kind of see themselves in the mix of it. Are they on the outside, doing the actions that's going on? Passive observer? Fly on the proverbial wall, or would they rather the things be done TO them? Interesting stuff. Not just a "What they get off to" poll but rather a lowkey "where do you see yourself." pretty shway.

JJStrebas 12-04-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSecretUserName (Post 831216)
You know, I saw this thread as I've lurked on by a few times, and it got me thinking. I think this actually is a pretty good poll indicating the POV not just necessarily of what someone's into or is looking at, but also where they kind of see themselves in the mix of it. Are they on the outside, doing the actions that's going on? Passive observer? Fly on the proverbial wall, or would they rather the things be done TO them? Interesting stuff. Not just a "What they get off to" poll but rather a lowkey "where do you see yourself." pretty shway.

I agree, it does or could make the story that much more engaging for some people who may prefer to experience the story from multiple viewpoints or a different POV might be more engaging to those that like to watch things unfold from a tight perspective. I just hope to provide an engaging experience for as many people as possible. Thank you for your input.