The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   AP/AR (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Problem with ararchive.com domain (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44363)

Ryu Hayabusa 07-28-2018 03:52 PM

Problem with ararchive.com domain

There appears to be another issue with the AR archive domain. It currently links to what appears to be a domain hosting site, Network Solutions, as if the domain were up for grabs.

meticulan23 07-28-2018 06:16 PM

Re: Problem with ararchive.com domain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryu Hayabusa (Post 811680)
There appears to be another issue with the AR archive domain. It currently links to what appears to be a domain hosting site, Network Solutions, as if the domain were up for grabs.

If that domain is up for grabs, that is going to be YEARS worth of stuff just lost and that would be really tragic.

King_of_tf 07-28-2018 09:31 PM

not just that but visible time (which the two were merged a few years back)

i mean no continuation story, no ar/ap alerts, no stories

Ryu Hayabusa 07-28-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_of_tf (Post 811694)
not just that but visible time (which the two were merged a few years back)

i mean no continuation story, no ar/ap alerts, no stories

I was actually on Visible Time when it went down, and I meant to mention that site in the post. My post here was within 5 minutes of that. I was hoping it was just something on my end somehow, and everyone else would have no problems.

Ryu Hayabusa 07-28-2018 10:44 PM

Also, the wayback machine has a bunch of it archived.

utopianfubar 07-29-2018 04:33 AM

hope heid pays the bill before someone steals it

King_of_tf 07-29-2018 01:57 PM

if they cant, someone needs to create an alternative. maybe not as elaborate but keep us informed of alerts.

Klatuk4u 07-29-2018 06:59 PM

The timing bothers me too. Recently there was a big debate over there about the archive being dead and this happens. I hope nobody got offended and decided just to drop it.

lmorgado 07-29-2018 07:59 PM

My opinion, give Heid some time to resolve this and the two sites will be up and running. I mean, CYOC had that type of problem before with their certificate issue months back. And it's back up and running almost a week later. So this could be a techinical issue that needs to be address. Hopefully we get some answers of to why Visible Time and ARchive was down from the owner. Otherwise, we all need to be patient.

#WherearetheGoodCartoons?

Ryu Hayabusa 07-29-2018 11:05 PM

Now, instead of the domain holding site, it's a plain white page with a message at the top:

"Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (6)"

And I agree about not bugging Heid about this. If I was going to reach out, it would've been right when it went down as an alert to the problem. By now, I assume that the issue is known.

heidegger 07-30-2018 06:31 AM

The sites should be back up soon - Network Solutions never bothered to send me any notice that the domain name was expiring or that the card on file had expired. Of course the one weekend where I am out of pocket and offline is when things like this happen.

H

azerty47-2 07-30-2018 06:39 AM

That's great to hear; I may not be a member of that site anymore, but its death would have been a huge loss for all of us. Thanks for the update, Heidegger, and thank you for your continuous efforts to keep it running.