The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Inflation and Expansion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Eat'em Up! by Akira Agata (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6293)

Taruby 04-27-2007 01:08 AM

Eat'em Up! by Akira Agata

Title: Eat'em Up!
Author/Artist: 県晶 (Agata Akira)
Homepage: http://www.nona.dti.ne.jp/~jade/www/
DL Site: http://maniax.dlsite.com/work/=/prod.../RJ030863.html
Pages: 28

This is the download edition to a book that was in physical print a year ago (Dec 2006 during Comike 71). It's been posted to DL Site just several days ago.

Description of the process (There's more in between but it doesn't give any raw data and I don't like guessing):
001 Before H: 162cm W: 63kg BWH: 115/58/87
003 3 days later... H: 170cm W: 88kg BWH 140/77/97
014 final result... H 235 W 730kg BWH: 490/560/460
015 [bonus] A few months later... H 312cm W 290kg BWH: 780/940/700

Each file counts as 2 pages. Out of respect for Akira, I'm not going to post any samples. There's only one on D/L site.

tone 04-27-2007 04:44 AM

Hey I just bought.

Question - How much is the 735 oriental dollars, in American dollars?

AhziDahaka 04-27-2007 06:37 AM

735 Japanese yen = 6.20043867 U.S. dollars

Yay for Google.

Magniphile 04-27-2007 09:55 AM

I know this is kind of a dumb question, but has anyone here actually used the DLsite? It's always mentioned on various boards, but does anyone here have any experience with it (good, bad, indifferent)?

wolfman-al 04-27-2007 11:15 AM

Great how is somebody supposed to buy it when he don?t speaks japanese?

Sutibaru 04-27-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfman-al (Post 80290)
Great how is somebody supposed to buy it when he don?t speaks japanese?

Well it is not like they are trying to sell it for non-japanese countries.
Just like how many english or german comics are easy for japanese people to buy :P

You probably could use google translate or something to translate the site.

dsojourn 04-27-2007 12:04 PM

Even if you could understand it, it's really to no avail. DLSite, along with 99% of other japanese sites of similar origin, usually only accept Japanese credit cards as payment. There might be SOME way to work out an oversees transaction, but for that you'd need translation skills just to understand the mechanics of the site and how to speak with the people who run it to arrange payment.

On the other hand, when it comes to the english counterparts of Japanese DLSites, of which there's at least one of excellent standing, the one from which you can purchase "I-Raf-You's" games for example, are very easy to use, purchase from, and understand. Most things are relatively cheap as well. Of course, this is all dependend on you having a credit card.

wolfman-al 04-27-2007 12:15 PM

This sucks. We get our mouths watered and there is no way to get it. Thanks for posting it, its great to know when there is great stuff you have no chance to get. I rather hadn?t knew about this at all. Thanks for nothing. :( :( :(

Anonymous Otaku 04-27-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfman-al (Post 80313)
This sucks. We get our mouths watered and there is no way to get it. Thanks for posting it, its great to know when there is great stuff you have no chance to get. I rather hadn?t knew about this at all. Thanks for nothing. :( :( :(

Wow, way to be a jerk about it.

Anyways, dlsite does have an english site, an offshoot of their maniax site, where one with a non-japanese credit card can buy stuff from. However, whenever the maniax site updates with new stuff, the english site usually takes a few weeks for it to be available afterward, if at all, so this isn't on there yet. Hopefully, this will be up on sale on the english site in a few weeks time.

Here is the link to the english site.

http://eng.dlsite.com/

Taruby 04-27-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magniphile
I know this is kind of a dumb question, but has anyone here actually used the DLsite? It's always mentioned on various boards, but does anyone here have any experience with it (good, bad, indifferent)?

Yes, how do you think I know about the nature of the contents? It's a pretty nice service, I prefer it much more than llpalace and DMM. Though, I wouldn't mind DMM if I wasn't so turned off by the idea they use Digital Rights Management on most of the files I've seen in there.

@Dsojourn: Japanese DLSite isn't as difficult to purchase goods from as you're making it out to be to the other posters. Mastercard works splendidly for me for oversees purchases. There's really no communication required for Japanese DLSite.

foducool 04-27-2007 02:12 PM

heh, I'm in france, I have a french credit card and a french bank account and I successfully purchased a copy on the japanese dlsite
It gave me a hard time figuring how to pay but it was worth the effort

first, you add the item in the cart then go to the cart section (it's the button with the shopping cart on it, if you don't see it, you're blind)
then you clic on the http://maniax.dlsite.com/modpub/imag...buy_credit.gif button to access the payment page (for occasional purchase)

then you fill the form like this
1) full name
2) credit card number
3) expiration date
4) phone number (supposedly never to be used)
5) email (seems like the site doesn't support hotmail)
6) confirm email
7) the two checkboxes are for the newsletters you want to receive
8) the 3 radio buttons are used to indicate what type of newsletter you want to receive (html, text or none well, I selected the last, since I don't want to receive those ^^)
9) clic on the first button to validate and it should work

dsojourn 04-27-2007 10:37 PM

I stand corrected. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression, it's just that in the past in similar sites, and I believe even the DLSite in question it used to be almost literally impossible to purchase something without a Japanese credit card. Obviously, and to good effect, they've changed their functions. It HAS been a long time since I've gone to purchase something not offered on the english version of the site.

wolfman-al 04-27-2007 11:47 PM

Got it.
Its okay.
But it was far too complicated.

Magniphile 04-28-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foducool (Post 80336)
heh, I'm in france, I have a french credit card and a french bank account and I successfully purchased a copy on the japanese dlsite
It gave me a hard time figuring how to pay but it was worth the effort

first, you add the item in the cart then go to the cart section (it's the button with the shopping cart on it, if you don't see it, you're blind)
then you clic on the http://maniax.dlsite.com/modpub/imag...buy_credit.gif button to access the payment page (for occasional purchase)

then you fill the form like this
1) full name
2) credit card number
3) expiration date
4) phone number (supposedly never to be used)
5) email (seems like the site doesn't support hotmail)
6) confirm email
7) the two checkboxes are for the newsletters you want to receive
8) the 3 radio buttons are used to indicate what type of newsletter you want to receive (html, text or none well, I selected the last, since I don't want to receive those ^^)
9) clic on the first button to validate and it should work

Thanks dude! That really helped!

AhziDahaka 04-28-2007 05:29 PM

You can all commence slapping yourselves, because there's an English version of the website.

verulo 04-28-2007 07:26 PM

Link it!

http://eng.dlsite.com/work/=/product_id/RE030863.html

foducool 04-28-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AhziDahaka (Post 80575)
You can all commence slapping yourselves, because there's an English version of the website.

yeah, but the time I purchased it, this item wasn't available

teknoman01 04-29-2007 10:09 PM

Is there anyway anyone could post scans from that wg manga?

shadow 04-29-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknoman01 (Post 80847)
Is there anyway anyone could post scans from that wg manga?

In this case it'd be a rip, seeing how it's sold in .PDF format, like most online comics today.

tone 04-30-2007 02:53 AM

No scans needed. It is worth it.

For $6.14 this is well worth double that. At least if you are a fan of the current board you are in.

Yes I used the oriental board. It was time consuming, but worked when I converted lines useing bablefish from altavista.

(What google has translation software now? My goodness their stock is 10 times more than Microsoft's, and they don't even have non-web resources.)

shadow 04-30-2007 04:22 PM

Well, I now officially know of a link to a rapidshare of the file, if anyone is interested, I'll be more than glad to share.

For the record, I don't support 4channers stealing material and sharing it, I just exploit it.

Ghalleon 04-30-2007 05:22 PM

its kinda sad though. It is such great art and people go off stealing it and mass distributing for free (= posting) how to see people drawing more of this stuff.... not by ripping it of and posting sigh stupid 4channers

Taruby 04-30-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghalleon (Post 81005)
its kinda sad though. It is such great art and people go off stealing it and mass distributing for free (= posting) how to see people drawing more of this stuff.... not by ripping it of and posting sigh stupid 4channers

I download copied items all the time, I don't really see a problem with it since selling copies is not honest work. Though, I do stress responsible behaviour in that you must acknowledge your part in the destruction of the creator.

I buy items second-hand/used as well, that's a legal method of destroying the creators, and greedy people know this, that's why they implement so many lunatic digital rights management into their works which I refuse to support if possible.

Anyway, so far only 117 people bought the digital version of this doujin. Just remember that this was originally meant to be sold toward the comike 71 audience. So, the main reason to buy this would be to make it worthwhile for Akira to post more works digitally. I'm not a huge fan of his stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of it in a sane, easily accessible format (I'm still waiting for Sea Lounge Garden/Sky Lounge Garden to post their works on DL Site).

shadow 04-30-2007 07:00 PM

Oh fine, I'll stop spreading it to the people here.

I get a bad enough rep for hoarding things like this to my self, and whenever I post it I get yelled at.
Make up your minds people.

Drybones 05-01-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 81025)
To anticipate people flooding me, I'll just cut out the middle man and let you have at the link:

Don't flame me, I'm just a supplier.

My friend I believe you should remove the link.

http://akiraagata.deviantart.com/

Sucht17 05-01-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybones (Post 81332)
My friend I believe you should remove the link.

http://akiraagata.deviantart.com/

And you should edit your post.

By quoting him, you are now providing the link. It hasn't been removed, it's just moved to another post.

Guado 05-09-2007 02:44 PM

It would be worth it if it was in English. The pictures alone are very good just not something I'd pay for. He also refuses to translate it and seems fairly racist, so I see no reason for anyone else to soil his hand with our inferior foreign currency.

Taruby 05-09-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guado (Post 83393)
It would be worth it if it was in English. The pictures alone are very good just not something I'd pay for. He also refuses to translate it and seems fairly racist, so I see no reason for anyone else to soil his hand with our inferior foreign currency.

Actually, Akira doesn't strike me as someone who is very adept at the English language. Sutibaru asked to do an art trade with him and he misunderstood and just gave Sutibaru gift art.

Anyway, where did you get the impression that he's racist?

Guado 05-09-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taruby (Post 83405)
Actually, Akira doesn't strike me as someone who is very adept at the English language. Sutibaru asked to do an art trade with him and he misunderstood and just gave Sutibaru gift art.

Anyway, where did you get the impression that he's racist?

Deviantart site where because of the internet doing what the internet has always done makes all foreigners untrustworthy.

Taruby 05-09-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guado (Post 83433)
Deviantart site where because of the internet doing what the internet has always done makes all foreigners untrustworthy.

So, your impression is based solely on his English writings at Deviantart to come to the truthy feeling that he is racist?

What is your criteria for him being racist based off his English posts? The more samples you can provide for us where his writing sounds racist, the easier it would be for everyone involved to reach a mutual understanding.

shadow 05-09-2007 07:10 PM

Taruby, leave him, he's a bit of a flame baiter.

Also, in other news, WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP BOTHERING ME ABOUT THE LINK TO THE RAPIDSHARE?
If you want it so bad, then go to the source, 4chan.

Guado 05-11-2007 04:14 PM

You ironically called me a flame baiter by flame baiting. last time I checked he was not a member of this forum nor am I openly challenging him to a flame off. You however did attempt to get a rise out of me. Practice what you preach okay?

On topic: I think he's racist because he is using the actions of the few to condemn the masses. On his deviantart site he said he refuses to sell his work to foreigners because of pirating. Keep in mind that pirating is done by everyone and not just foreigners.

shadow 05-11-2007 04:54 PM

Guado, get the hell off your high horse.
If he was being racist he would have discriminated against a certain race(such as Caucasians, Chinese, African-descent, or the French), but he was speaking against the highest concentration of internet thieves(Which is north america(which consists of the USA, and Canada), TAKE THAT INTERNATIONAL WATERS!).
So shut the hell up about topics you don't fully understand, and go back to PAWG.
They'll listen to you and think your a creditable source of information.

And you'll stop bringing the property value of this forum down.

Taruby 05-11-2007 09:14 PM

Akira's Read me:
無断での転載/転売等の行為は禁じます。
The act of reprint/resale without permission is prohibited.

特に外国の方によるものが激しいので注意してください。
Especially, those who are foreigners, so please take heed.

あまりにも酷い場合再びパスワードを掛けることになります。
A password will be implemented again if there are too many violations.

In Akira's BBS:
もっとも、私の作品は海外じゃ0円の価値らしいですが。(ムキイイイイ)
Although, my works seem to be worth 0 yen to (people from) overseas. (Mukiiii)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guado
I think he's racist because he is using the actions of the few to condemn the masses. On his deviantart site he said he refuses to sell his work to foreigners because of pirating.

I personally would have to wait and see what his future action entail. He said he won't sell doujinshi to foreigners for a while. I don't know if that's just a facade, and actually means that he won't sell his works ever again to a foreigner or not.

Also, I just checked, and he is still selling the works on English DL Site, so I'm going to postpone the matter regarding the infallibility of your judgment on Akira.

Although, when I think about it, a lot of people would fall under racism based on your racism criteria for punishing a whole based on the actions of a few. For example, banning IP ranges from services like AOL because some of their users causes a big, fat stink.

Now on to my personal opinion, I think playing the racism card was a pretty stupid banner to hide behind. Since, this is more of an act of "Strangers" vs. "Someone I know". As I pointed out before, he sells this stuff at Comiket71 where he pretty much sees all of his customers face to face, now if you have evidence of him refusing to sell something to a foreigner for a lack of reason other than the person's ethnicity at comiket, then you'd have a case for racism.

shadow 05-11-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taruby (Post 84178)
Mukiiii

Is that a sound effect?
If it is, what emotion is it showing?

I'm confused...

Taruby 05-11-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 84179)
Is that a sound effect?
If it is, what emotion is it showing?

I'm confused...

(`Д?*)Mukiiii~
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8959/monkeyaf8.jpg

Sucht17 05-11-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taruby (Post 84194)

I still prefer wryyyyyyyyyyyyy!.

F_Shogun 05-12-2007 01:09 PM

I do too, but if Akirita was yelling "WRRYYYY!" then the piraters would have a lot more to deal with then words.

Like, a hundred knives flying at them, or a steamroller from above, or something...

ZantetsukenX 05-12-2007 06:26 PM

Watch Nodame Cantible and you'll see "Mukii" done alot. Plus the anime is down right hilarious.

Kyrex 05-13-2007 12:39 PM

3 things..

Few things..
1- He's not racist.. By definition racist would be calling all Americans "red neck yankees jack-offs" or something to that extent. Instead, he's saying he's pissed off at everyone who's pirated his work instead of paying because he got dicked out of a ton of money. Now he just distrusts foreigners. If anything, he's prejudice.

2- The risk that artists run with digital media that's not encoded, encrypted or somehow write protected comes with the territory. There was really nothing keeping the file from being distributed with the ease it was. Some one paid for it a some point and like it or not, they can do whatever they want with it from there.
Granted, communities like this and PAWG (sorry to compare the two) make the spread of such things 10x worse. I think it's interesting that everyone begs to get these things, then they freak out when someone asks for a free copy.

3 - Fact of the matter is, this is a fetish manga that appeals to a smaller crowd and because of that we covet what decent things we can find. Anyone trying to make a profit off this usually meets with a rather lousy defeat.
Look at sites like expandemonium back in the Y!group days. They promised all these great things and then when people came they spit in your face with a lousy freebie section and then the rest of it was a glamorized pay site.
When you're dealing with a small group like us (people who like WG/Expansion) most people will take the cheapest route and often forsake the people who take advantage of it.
I applaud those who paid for it, and even those who spread the files (because I'm a pirate <_<) but in this case, Mr. Akira Agata got screwed by an unsafe system and over-reacted to something that he probably figured would happen. He's a great artist but he probably does something else for a living and shouldn't rely on casual internet art to be the most reliable source of income.