The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Turtles: The Worst Thing to Be Turned Into (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45399)

biohawk84 04-08-2019 06:11 PM

Turtles: The Worst Thing to Be Turned Into

Hi,
So I was sitting in my comparative vertebrate anatomy lab today dissecting a turtle and it dawned on me: being turned into a turtle might be the most physically excruciatingly painful thing ever.

For those that don't know, turtle shoulders and hips (and by extension arms and legs) are *INSIDE* the rib cage. Like seriously, reach back and feel your shoulder blade on the outside of your rib cage. Now imagine during a turtle TF your rib cage grows out forming the shell while your shoulder blade (and hip) have to physically move inside your rib cage.

No wonder turtle TF's are so rare! (And don't get me wrong, I love me turtle TF's but I haven't seen a good once since Dragon's "Mapped Out".)

Amahain 04-08-2019 07:07 PM

Re: Turtles: The Worst Thing to Be Turned Into

It's probably well up there, lol.

I think comparative anatomy's really cool from a TF standpoint. I always want to give props to the writers and artists who make the effort to get it right.

Kind of makes me wonder how an "accurate" invertebrate TF would look (say, a spider for example), because nothing really maps except some really basic structure like the mouth and anus.

bro4man 04-08-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohawk84 (Post 823212)
Hi,
So I was sitting in my comparative vertebrate anatomy lab today dissecting a turtle and it dawned on me: being turned into a turtle might be the most physically excruciatingly painful thing ever.

For those that don't know, turtle shoulders and hips (and by extension arms and legs) are *INSIDE* the rib cage. Like seriously, reach back and feel your shoulder blade on the outside of your rib cage. Now imagine during a turtle TF your rib cage grows out forming the shell while your shoulder blade (and hip) have to physically move inside your rib cage.

No wonder turtle TF's are so rare! (And don't get me wrong, I love me turtle TF's but I haven't seen a good once since Dragon's "Mapped Out".)

What is Dragon's "Mapped Out" and where to find it?

biohawk84 04-08-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bro4man (Post 823217)
What is Dragon's "Mapped Out" and where to find it?

It was a story that was on an old TF website run by Dragon. I distinctly remember the web address because this was back in the day before I had private settings and any saved website would be "found" by those I didn't want to find it. Dragon.Furvect.com

The story was titled "Mapped Out" and a witch turns a woman into a turtle.

Unfortunately the website has since passed on and is no longer active. :( Wished I had had the forethought to save the story.

TF-Viewer 04-08-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohawk84 (Post 823219)
It was a story that was on an old TF website run by Dragon. I distinctly remember the web address because this was back in the day before I had private settings and any saved website would be "found" by those I didn't want to find it. Dragon.Furvect.com

The story was titled "Mapped Out" and a witch turns a woman into a turtle.

Unfortunately the website has since passed on and is no longer active. :( Wished I had had the forethought to save the story.

Fortunately Dragon's furaffinity page exists, so I was able to find that very story https://www.furaffinity.net/view/2819786/ :)

Jimbo 04-09-2019 03:54 AM

*adds turtle tf to black book*

TailBoy 04-09-2019 06:46 AM

not if ther ninja turtle tfs XD
at least turtles hav tails. i say bugs or starfish R worse to TF to. DX

Dragon 04-09-2019 04:20 PM

Aw, now I have to rewrite it because I know turtle anatomy. :P