The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transgender Process (M2F / F2M) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Untitled TG Movie Project (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42382)

danielsangeo 07-12-2017 09:16 PM

Untitled TG Movie Project

From my post on DA:

Greetings, everyone.

This is something I have been thinking about for a long time and I've finally made a decision. I want to announce that it is my intention to have a feature-length animated TG movie created.

Now, this isn't an announcement I am making lightly. I am dead serious about this.

I want to bring in animators, VFX artists, modelers, riggers, texture artists, voice actors... the works. I am writing a script (well, I'm still in the outlining phase) but I have an idea which I think will work on "the big screen". I am not ready to publicly announce a plot yet, nor am I ready to proceed with funding yet. I want to do this right. I want to do this professionally. However, I can't do it without your help. I am not asking for your cash yet. What I am doing is sending out a call to people who are interested in working on this movie including animation, modeling, rigging, and so on.

I intend to crowdfund the movie on possibly Patreon, IndieGogo, Kickstarter, or whatever works best. This means that if you contribute work towards the movie, you will get paid for your work. I haven't worked out any details on that yet, but that's coming.

So, with this announcement, the number one thing I want at the start is a writer or two to review my script (once it's finished) and point out any derpy-ness on my end. I never quite know if what I'm writing is hokey or inane. I do my best, but I want to have my script be poked and prodded so that it's the best it can be. I will be opening a new DA account specifically devoted to the movie.

As for my other projects--"Seahorse" and "Six Hour Girl"--those will continue (I hope to have Six Hour Girl finished prior to the completion of the script so that project is in the can). Seahorse will continue until that story is done. Once Six Hour Girl and Seahorse are released, I intend to dive fully into the TG movie project. Unfortunately, this will mean that I will be "going dark" on TG content after that, until the movie is done and released. Sorry, but no one-offs or anything like that for the interim.

So, that's it for now. If you are interested in helping out with the movie, please send me a DA Note or email me at danielsan1977@gmail.com with the subject line "TG Movie assistance". Things will be slow at first so don't expect anything right away, but it WILL HAPPEN™. Eventually.

Thank you for reading.

p2766479 07-14-2017 04:02 PM

Re: Untitled TG Movie Project

Wow!! Going to be epic! More than happy to contribute!

Wedge 07-15-2017 01:03 AM

I endorse this 100%

p2766479 07-21-2017 11:18 PM

A week later it's Kind of sad, when one of the greatest artists since Mako, needs a little support and no response on a post on for great idea that needs the support of the community...

grieff 07-22-2017 03:16 AM

To be fair, he did ask to be messaged privately.

danielsangeo 09-17-2017 06:44 PM

Hey folks. I want to let you know that it's still proceeding apace! Thank you to those who have offered to contribute. I am still not ready for you yet, but things are slowly coming together.

I hope to set up a website soon where you can watch announcements as to this pre-pre-production and as we move into pre-production.

I have a framework for the movie and most of the major beats planned out. It's just getting from one beat to the next now.

Over the next two weeks, I'm going to be putting together the website and I hope to have something ready by October. I also have a title for the movie, but I'm going to keep the plot under wraps at this time. The title isn't going to give too much away, nor will the website.

Thanks again for your interest! Let's keep it going!

danielsangeo 09-18-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2766479 (Post 796485)
A week later it's Kind of sad, when one of the greatest artists since Mako, needs a little support and no response on a post on for great idea that needs the support of the community...

No no. It's all right. I'm not ready for that kind of support quite yet. Hope to have it soon. I am working feverishly (whenever I can) on the website and it is through that I will be eliciting help from the community. Maybe even running a crowdfunding campaign through it once I get to that point.

That is all in the future. For now, I am gratified to see that there are people who have offered to help based on nothing more than my say-so. I haven't produced anything public for anyone to see.

But that's coming. Oh yes. :cool: