The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Shrinking Process (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Shrinking Violet HeroClix Figure (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36126)

JBird 02-22-2014 08:37 AM

Shrinking Violet HeroClix Figure

1 Attachment(s)
[Incoming Long Set-up!]

For those who are unaware, HeroClix is a table-top game with super-hero and super-villain figures on dials, and you use a team of them to fight with another player. Pretty much the only time where it's okay to see heroes fight one another. But I digress. Think something akin to a turn-based strategy game, just in capes and tights.

Anyway, there is going to be a new set coming out, called Superman and the Legion of Superheroes. And, as part of the sneak-peek set, or gravity feed, Shrinking Violet was among the pieces you can get. What I love most about this figure, aside from being really, really tough to take out, is the sculpt. As you can see, she is in the process of shifting sizes. The purple "shadow" is the average height for a human-sized figure. I have two Ant-Man figures that are small by default, so this was a surprising treat.

Hope you guys dig it, and don't mind that it isn't some grand process sequence.

insomniac 02-22-2014 08:55 AM

Re: Shrinking Violet HeroClix Figure

Ok, that's actually kinda cool, and I like the idea of a semi-transparent figure for the average size one- you don't see much of that at all. I mean really, how else do you physically illustrate someone shrinking?

JBird 02-22-2014 09:07 AM

Even better is using her powers in the game. If she were to be small at the beginning of your turn, she would be difficult to hit at range, but she loses 3 movement points. Thankfully, she can be carried, and since she's small, the character holding her doesn't lose 2 movement points, normally.

And she has surprisingly good defenses, while her attack and damage is less than average.

smooch 02-22-2014 11:39 AM

I play Heroclix, meself. I love the game, although I don't have the figure highlighted above.

JBird 02-22-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smooch (Post 724828)
I play Heroclix, meself. I love the game, although I don't have the figure highlighted above.

www.coolstuffinc.com is where a friend of mine goes when he wants a specific piece. There is another online store that sells figures, but I can't remember it.

qzar9999 02-22-2014 07:52 PM

That's actually kinda neat. Interesting find. :)

JBird 02-22-2014 08:02 PM

I should also note that Giganta will also be in this new set. This has me extra-excited, because there's only been one figure for her, and it is on the older dial bases that are a pain in the ass to turn.