The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   FFXIV: Shadowbringers TF (minor spoilers) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45605)

TF-Viewer 07-05-2019 02:49 AM

FFXIV: Shadowbringers TF (minor spoilers)

Yeah, I've been playing FFXIV for years and never once did I think I'd be sharing a transformation from it here.

But it done happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMge2WFW_A&t=143s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMge2WFW_A&t=143s

Hopefully that timestamp works and jumps right to it, otherwise it starts at about 2:25

Also this is of course a minor spoiler for an early quest in the new expansion. I know it's not the best TF ever, but considering the engine limitations they have in regards to deforming character models I'm impressed they did this well.

Cursebearer 07-05-2019 02:57 AM

Re: FFXIV: Shadowbringers TF (minor spoilers)

Wow, that was shockingly good, as someone who plays XIV and expected much worse. Maybe I'll make the jump to Shadowbringers after all.

TF-Viewer 07-05-2019 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 826274)
Wow, that was shockingly good, as someone who plays XIV and expected much worse. Maybe I'll make the jump to Shadowbringers after all.

I know right, I honestly expected them to cut away or just have a huge flash of light obstructing the entire process.

Also I didn't know you played. :)

riderkid 07-05-2019 03:25 PM

I do as well. It's nightmare fuel. Even more nightmare fuel knowing something else.

gamonthehand 07-05-2019 10:23 PM

looks like they let the Drakenguard/Neir guys do some of the writing this time.

Everyone out of the universe. Stuffs about to get weird.

Dark-Paladin-Duelist 07-05-2019 11:41 PM

The Nier staff will only be doing the 24-man alliance raid content for the Shadowbringers expansion. All we know is the name. YorHa: Dark Apocalypse.

hexen 07-06-2019 05:12 PM

Yep, the expansion was written by Squeenix staff, speciffically the same lady who wrote the Dark Knight storyline (forgot her name). Story is amazing so give SquareEnix staff some credit.

Shadowsbane99 07-07-2019 04:41 AM

This expansion is fan freaking tastic. Highly recommended.

Cursebearer 07-07-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 826275)
I know right, I honestly expected them to cut away or just have a huge flash of light obstructing the entire process.

Also I didn't know you played. :)

Yeah, I started playing through a few months ago and I've been really impressed! Even moreso now, they must really up their cutscene game from expansion to expansion.

TF-Viewer 07-07-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 826352)
Yeah, I started playing through a few months ago and I've been really impressed! Even moreso now, they must really up their cutscene game from expansion to expansion.

Cool! I've been playing since the PS3 version launched a few years back, tried for a little while on my old PC and made the jump to the PS4 version. Super glad it's cross play and I kept the same character on each version.

Yeah, the cutscenes and everything gets better as it goes.
The Hildibrand quests at the end of each part of the game (50/60/70) are especially crazy with what they do in the cutscenes, though it's for comedic effect rather than horror there. :)

riderkid 07-07-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 826354)
Cool! I've been playing since the PS3 version launched a few years back, tried for a little while on my old PC and made the jump to the PS4 version. Super glad it's cross play and I kept the same character on each version.

Yeah, the cutscenes and everything gets better as it goes.
The Hildibrand quests at the end of each part of the game (50/60/70) are especially crazy with what they do in the cutscenes, though it's for comedic effect rather than horror there. :)

I'm genuinely terrified on what they might do for this one considering what the story's been like so far.

I've just done a lvl 76 Instance and it was down right soul crushing.

Which server are you on? I'm on Malboro on the Crystal Data Center. Daven Skilnyk is my Toon's name.

TF-Viewer 07-08-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderkid (Post 826365)
I'm genuinely terrified on what they might do for this one considering what the story's been like so far.

I've just done a lvl 76 Instance and it was down right soul crushing.

Which server are you on? I'm on Malboro on the Crystal Data Center. Daven Skilnyk is my Toon's name.

Not that far in myself. I'm working on level 73 content still because I foolishly tried to level more than one job. Also unfortunately we aren't on the same data center, I'm on Faerie and that's on Aether. :(