The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Smash Bros! (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33952)

amateur 06-15-2013 06:53 PM

Re: New Smash Bros!

1 Attachment(s)
Talk shit. Get fit.

<3

no-name 06-16-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tghawk555 (Post 699586)
What do you all think of people giving the Wii Fit Trainer crap? I mean, it's a character: be happy, right?

The same way I felt about Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.: surprised.
That's it. It was an unexpected surprise. The character video helped to convince me that, at the very least, she'll be an entertaining addition to the Smash cast.
Also, some of the hilariously awesome fan-art helps.
(Great work, amateur!)
Speaking of unexpected additions, isn't Namco Bandai helping out with this game?

Silver Spoon 06-17-2013 07:50 AM

If by help you mean Namco Bandai is co-developing the game, then yes they are.

Muhznit 06-17-2013 08:54 AM

I initially had my doubts as far as WFT goes, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a new "realistically proportioned" female Brawl character, so there's inevitably going to be BE of her eventually. I'm cool with this.

Chaos Echo 06-17-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhznit (Post 700077)
I initially had my doubts as far as WFT goes, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a new "realistically proportioned" female Brawl character, so there's inevitably going to be BE of her eventually. I'm cool with this.

That's exactly what I've been waiting for too.

TB Tabby 06-17-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no-name (Post 699984)
The same way I felt about Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.: surprised.

I know that feeling.

http://bluesteven.files.wordpress.co...romite_rob.jpg

"Hello. I am R.O.B., the Robotic Operating Buddy. I am the single most useless peripheral Nintendo ever made. I only worked with two NES games; one which was never released, and another in which I could be replaced by a second controller. If you had to choose between erasing me or the Power Glove from existence, you might have to think long and hard about it, but you would choose me. And I got into Smash Bros. Brawl and Krystal didn't."

Seriously, though, I don't hate R.O.B, I just thought Krystal should have been in Brawl too. I hope Nintendo doesn't let me down this time.

sodacat 06-17-2013 08:32 PM

Krystal is a terrible character with no redeeming features there I said it not I'm taking it back.

Keile 06-18-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodacat (Post 700144)
Krystal is a terrible character with no redeeming features there I said it not I'm taking it back.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

She was a slapped together character that was originally not part of the StarFox universe (Starfox Adventures was going to be a new IP and she was going to be the main character, but instead they slapped Starfox on the title and pushed her over to a supporting role).

Let's face it...people like her because she is a fox with tits. Not much else going for her.

Soccermom 06-18-2013 10:47 AM

I have no affiliation towards Krystal at all, but if they're looking to keep the same number of SF characters in the new one, I certainly wouldn't mind them dropping Wolf. I hate that character so much. Probably my least favorite Brawl character next to Wario, Jigglypuff and Olimar.

TB Tabby 06-18-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keile (Post 700188)
Glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

She was a slapped together character that was originally not part of the StarFox universe (Starfox Adventures was going to be a new IP and she was going to be the main character, but instead they slapped Starfox on the title and pushed her over to a supporting role).

Exactly. Krystal could've been not only an interesting new character, but an interesting new heroine. But then the Starfox license got added and all that potential went to waste. She could've been a badass heroine along the lines of Samus Aran or Lara Croft, but she got shoved aside so a MAN could take up the role and made into yet another damsel in distress, because Nintendo games don't have enough of those, apparently. People criticize Other M for the way Samus was portrayed, but at least she still got to be the heroine. Smash Bros. is Krystal's chance to finally be the heroine she was always meant to be.

olddude12 06-18-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB Tabby (Post 699435)
C'mon, Nintendo, don't blow it this time...Krystal...Krystal...Krystal....

But Krystal is a terrible character from a franchise that didn't need three character back in 2008, and doesn't need three characters now. Lots of people like her because she offers a staff play style, but just about any character can have a unique move set with a little time. Having a unique play style does not help a character's chances one bit. She's also well-hated by Japanese audiences.

Falco remains the most prominent secondary Star Fox character, and has now appeared in two Smash games making his removal unlikely. Wolf, although is likely to be one the few characters is the "Danger Zone" with Ike, Toon Link, and Lucario, he still offers something more substantial and relevant to a franchise than female representation. That being villainous or adversarial representation.

nightfieldzero 07-04-2013 08:49 PM

wow...this topic..i. play this game competitively and host hte major events for it O.o