The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   X-Men: New Mutants (2018) Wolfsbane (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261)

actionmang 11-03-2017 11:37 PM

X-Men: New Mutants (2018) Wolfsbane

Hey, I know this was on people's radar already but here's the first trailer for that movie. No TF that I could see yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnb2ZdoxbbU

Maisie Williams is playing Wolfsbane

TF-Viewer 11-04-2017 02:13 AM

Re: X-Men: New Mutants (2018) Wolfsbane

Not sure I get what they're going for by turning an xmen spinoff into a spooky thriller in a generic haunted asylum. If there is a tf it'll be the only part of that mess worth watching.

zokk 11-05-2017 07:35 PM

Prepare for disappointment.

Cursebearer 11-05-2017 10:12 PM

That's not the tone I expected nor the tone I want from an X-Men flick. What were they thinking?

TF-Viewer 11-06-2017 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 800907)
That's not the tone I expected nor the tone I want from an X-Men flick. What were they thinking?

Someone at Fox saw "A Cure for Wellness" and thought "I can do that!" and that tying it to an underused part of the Xmen franchise would be smart. They were mistaken, and this will suck super bad.

Anahki 11-06-2017 07:10 AM

About the TFs there, it is expected that they would work like Mystique's: insta-wolf / insta-furry just in this case, just to say.

bcislandguy 11-06-2017 07:46 AM

With a mainstream actress like maisie williams they are not going to do anything remotely tf wise, it will be a poof or cgi makeup for a few seconds on screen. probably half in the dark in some room so its just implied. Almost every female werewolf in recent history has been a trash fire.....its the symbolism of unchecked rage that the directors want to portray

Zachattack94 11-06-2017 09:41 AM

I had hoped they would do Wolfsbane justice. I always liked the juxtaposition of her being a mutant (and basically a werewolf) and her Presbyterian faith. I don’t think I will see this movie though as it seems to be taking all of the good parts out of New Mutants and substituting horror movie tropes instead. At least based on this first trailer.

Sunstrider 11-06-2017 10:32 AM

The New Mutants have a girl who is the demon queen of limbo, a werewolf and another girl who can fry people's brains with illusions.
And a big chunk of their history involves fighting stuff like the Demon Bear, S'ym, Belasco, the Hellfire Club and other fantasy/horror elements; as opposed to the average cape villains that the X-Men or the Avengers used to fight.
The horror/psych facility angle, it fits the X-Men movie universe. Given how we've seen shadowy experimentation (Weapon X, those guys in Deadpool, what Shaw was doing in World War 2) and how mutants will end up being hunted down to extinction (as depicted in Logan).

As for Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane, i can only think about threethings:
1. This is not The Howling or Ginger Snaps, and neither is Wolfsbane a giant, hulking werewolf whos transformation includes a ton of rippage and muscle growth. As far as i remember, the character either ranges from something looking like the Wolfman, to a wolf-headed humanoid or just a red wolf.
2. I really hope they go for the wolf-headed humanoid.
3. And this is a PG-13 flick. We'll probably end up stuck with a quick CGI poof transformation like Mystique's or a short, drastic change like Beast in First Class.

Either way, i'm more interested in Magik and how they'll develop her being Colossus' little sister and the demon queen/darkchylde thingy.

Zachattack94 11-06-2017 12:28 PM

Which Colossus though? The one from X2 and X3 or the one from Deadpool.

Skalla-Grimm 11-06-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachattack94 (Post 800941)
I had hoped they would do Wolfsbane justice. I always liked the juxtaposition of her being a mutant (and basically a werewolf) and her Catholic faith.

For the record, Rahne Sinclair is Presbyterian.

:)

~Circe~ 11-06-2017 07:47 PM

Actress who plays Arya of House Stark, whose banner is a dire wolf, cast as a Mutant who becomes a werewolf... I see what you did there.