The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   KrustyTheSailor (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33537)

KrustyTheSailor 04-17-2013 09:14 PM

KrustyTheSailor

I am now OFFICIALLY here! So nice to be able to say hello.

Please check out my page on DA if you haven't already.

http://krustythesailor.deviantart.com

Thanks to everyone who has already given feedback.

Special thanks to Cursebearer and Rei-Lin for letting everyone know I'm out there and giving me good advice.

Oh, and if you like the blonde werewolf on the turntable follow the link to the video on Dailymotion.

More to come!

Kantomaster1111 04-17-2013 09:32 PM

Re: KrustyTheSailor

Can't wait to see what's to come! :)

KrustyTheSailor 04-17-2013 10:02 PM

Sorry guys, just scraps and some derivative works tonight. I'm dead tired.

Anyone know how to move a picture to the Scrapbook?

Got an idea for something new tomorrow.

KrustyTheSailor 04-17-2013 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Silly me, I meant to leave this here for those who haven't seen it yet.

Rei-Lin 04-17-2013 10:38 PM

Hai Krusty! Welcome to The Process and our little community of fetish loving fiends if this is your first trip here or welcome to the limelight if you've been lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce! Thanks for coming and thank you for sharing your work with us. I'm always happy to encourage people to join our little hole in the wall as talent adds to talent and produces work that many people around these parts can appreciate.

Don't worry about keeping people here up to date if you get busy or can't post regular updates as now that you're out and about, you'll have stalkers that will update us of your new work, possibly before you've even made it yet. Don't ask me how they do it! ~_^ Again, thanks for coming, look forward to seeing some good stuff from you. Take care!

Cursebearer 04-17-2013 11:22 PM

It's a real pleasure to see you actually posting here. Your work is positively magnificent and I'm surprised you went so long without being noticed. A huge welcome, you're a great breath of fresh air.

KrustyTheSailor 04-18-2013 05:35 AM

Just a couple days.

Anahki 04-18-2013 05:51 AM

I really love your work, and I especially like how realistic it is. Just a detail: in the blonde werewolf, in my opinion the brigthness of the face makes the TF there a bit "jelly-ish"... there are people who like that effect, though, but I consider that it is not very compatible with fur-tfs.
Anyway, your art is truly amazing :)

ryansgalant 04-18-2013 09:51 AM

Krusty, I'm starting to get into using Poser too, and am excited to see someone else who's venturing there as well. Just out of curiosity, what model and morphs are you using?

KrustyTheSailor 04-18-2013 11:00 AM

The list would be long, although I really should credit all the vendors and their products. I will see if I can post that info on my DA page and make it stick.

I do use a lot of custom stuff too. Along with Poser I would suggest getting a modeling tool such as ZBrush, and a painting tool. GIMP is free and compatible with Photoshop files.

Glad to hear that there are more Poser addicts out there.

irishshane 04-18-2013 11:59 AM

Very nice work. Can't wait to see what you do next

WuschelWolf 04-18-2013 03:37 PM

It's great to see you here. Welcome! <3

GenYun 04-18-2013 03:41 PM

Welcome fellow 3D person, I'm glad to see you found your way here. :D

Skalla-Grimm 04-18-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrustyTheSailor (Post 693050)
Sorry guys, just scraps and some derivative works tonight. I'm dead tired.

Anyone know how to move a picture to the Scrapbook?

Got an idea for something new tomorrow.

Those are scraps? Sigh, back to the drawing board.

Seriously though, welcome aboard!

AussieBloke 04-18-2013 07:53 PM

Awesome!

KrustyTheSailor 04-19-2013 12:10 AM

Posted some old stuff and some animation test. Go to http://krustythesailor.deviantart.com

So tired...

Dog_Girl_Kari 04-19-2013 12:12 AM

I saw, great work!

TF-Viewer 04-19-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrustyTheSailor (Post 693152)
Posted some old stuff and some animation test. Go to http://krustythesailor.deviantart.com

So tired...

I loved the pic on the plane, and the animation was so smooth and awesome. :)

nupissa 04-19-2013 04:04 AM

What program are you using to render?

KrustyTheSailor 04-19-2013 04:15 AM

I'm using Poser Pro 2012.

Rei-Lin 04-19-2013 06:53 AM

I already left you a long message on your DA about how awesome the picture and animation test are, so I won't go too crazy here. It's awesome stuff. But I will warn you that if you're showing us animation around here, people are going to be bugging the holy hell out of you to make more more more.

It's like Gryf's animations if you're familiar with him (most people are). His stuff looks awesome, but he's like Batman or something, swooping in to give us a cool animation, doesn't take many questions or talk to people around here much, and then grapples out of here! I'm still waiting to see if he'd ever accept a commission from me in fact, but I won't hound the guy but I'm sure a lot of people do! My dream (which may be shared by others around here), is to have several animations of werewolf females transforming done in a style much like yours, skalla's, GenYun's or Gryf's, from all sorts of angles, using all sorts of body parts changing, and some realistic fur growth for the extra softness! Essentially if you want people to worship you, you're on the right track. If you were to do American Werewolf in London's transformation scene with a woman in this style, some people would probably throw money at you, others would sacrifice their first born to you! I'm more in the crowd that throws money. ^_^

Anyway, the point is that your work is impressive for being around without poking your head in here, so again, thanks for sharing this work with us, and if you're in need of PC upgrades, send me a private message or something, I'm willing to help animators such as yourself upgrade to make their work that much better (and less stressful to create). Between you, Skalla and GenYun, our community is becoming a little CGI hothouse of awesome. Thanks again Krusty. Take care.

blackshirtboy 04-19-2013 07:30 AM

That's some really cool stuff! It's rare you see someone able to pull off TF in 3D and make it look good but you definitely have found a really nice place.

Anahki 04-19-2013 08:06 AM

The last update, with the female werewolf on the plane is simply A-MA-ZING. And no, neither do care about where her clothes went xD.

KrustyTheSailor 04-19-2013 12:35 PM

Oh yeah, I know Gryf, and I have great respect for him. Just like all artists, they produce when they feel like it, and share their fruits out of kindness. I am always happy when they post something great, and though I secretly wish for more, I would never ask.

As far as animations go, I won't make promises. If I make one, at least the first one, I will not announce it. But it will be a gift to the community and to the great artists who have come, and sadly some gone.

BTW I've been a fan of Gryf's since around 1995, back when he was still in school. Even back then he was doing great stuff.

KrustyTheSailor 04-23-2013 07:18 AM

A few new pics over in my DA page. Please have a look.

http://krustythesailor.deviantart.com/

aresx 04-23-2013 09:13 AM

all of the new pics are amazing! keep it up :)

WuschelWolf 04-23-2013 12:53 PM

Jesus, these are amazingly done. <3

KrustyTheSailor 04-23-2013 01:02 PM

Thanks!

TF-Viewer 04-23-2013 01:55 PM

Really amazing stuff.

mysteryman29 04-23-2013 04:13 PM

Man, that is some absolutely fantastic work! I see an incredible amount of potential in your style and cannot wait to see more! The facial reactions in the animation and still images are flawless!

I know it's way too soon to make requests, but all I want to say is that I hope you'll consider doing other types of animal TFs down the road as well!

Will definitely be keeping an eye on your portfolio!

KrustyTheSailor 04-23-2013 04:29 PM

Thanks. I may try a tigress soon.

I'm thinking of posting a list of potential pieces and getting some opinions.

mysteryman29 04-23-2013 04:34 PM

Awesome! I think that's a great way to decide what everyone would like to see and what you should spend your time on. Of course, first and foremost, you should create whatever interests YOU. That's most important.

But yeah, I'd love to see your take on something like a horse TF or something along those lines. It's something that hasn't really been done in movies/TV so seeing an actual animated process of it could be very cool.

KrustyTheSailor 04-23-2013 04:47 PM

Horse is not on the books right now, but I may try it eventually. I have s lot of other ideas to work through first.

mysteryman29 04-23-2013 05:00 PM

No problem at all! I look forward to seeing anything you're working on!

KrustyTheSailor 04-26-2013 06:36 AM

Couple newish pieces:

http://krustythesailor.deviantart.co...253A1366983202
http://krustythesailor.deviantart.co...thesailor&qo=1

KrustyTheSailor 04-28-2013 01:40 PM

I'm gonna work on something a little bigger than a single image project.

I wanted to get the community's opinion on what hair color, skin color, body type they would prefer.

Anahki 04-28-2013 02:01 PM

I have my own preferences, but I should also consider your previous works to see what could fit better.
Let's say:
1)Hair colour: better dark hair than blonde: for some reason the effect of fine fur seems less "authentic". Moreover, you will not need to show a transition in hair colour from human blond-hair to wolf gray/brown typical one, or the transition will be smooth with darker colours. And last but not least, there will be more contrast with the skin, and that will give a better effect on initial stages of the transformation.
2)Skin colour: For the same reason indicated about the contrast, it is better a fair skin than a darker one. My personal preference is fair but with a bit tonned, so this will give her a "healthy" look. Moreover, the sweaty-skin effect will work nice in less fair skins.
3)Body type: there are many people here into FMG, but that could be distracting and will bias the result of the TF. So a normal-non athletic body would be ok. I see that you like big breasts. For me they look a bit unrealistic, but I propose you to start with "normal" sized breasts, and increase their size a bit, but not so much.
I know that you haven't said anything about what kind of TF you're going to make, but I assume that it is going to be a werewolf, or I am wrong? For other creatures maybe some of my previous assetments are, of course, not valid.
Finally, it is your creature. I'll love to se what you're going to "cook" for us, whatever you decide. Good luck with all buddy.

Cursebearer 04-28-2013 03:05 PM

Of course this is all personal preference, but I assume that's all you're asking for so here we go.

For hair color, I too would tend to look for darker hair to make everything look more natural. Black, brown, even an auburn would all be pretty good. I'm not at all against a blonde werewolf, though; this is just my first instinct.

For skin, I actually like really pale tones, particularly if there's going to be moonlight involved. It gives a lovely almost ethereal tone. However, I'm also a fan of earthier tones, so you really can't go wrong.

For body type, I really really love the body types that you've been generally using. Keep her curvy, in my opinion, with those big breasts. I don't think they look unrealistic at all; they look like very accurate big breasts, with the appropriate heft and shape.

WuschelWolf 04-28-2013 03:45 PM

That is a great idea. Thanks for letting us part of it. :3

Hair: Blonde!
Skin: Caucasian
Body shape: Not too skinny, a bit curvy. Multibreasts please! <3

Cactus Jack 04-28-2013 04:34 PM

Red head.

TF-Viewer 04-28-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack (Post 694444)
Red head.

Totally.

Lately I've taken an interest in ginger ladies. A pale skinned werewolf lady with red hair and some freckles would be awesome in my opinion. Also, I'm rather fond of small breasts. So a petite ginger she-wolf would be just perfect for me. :D

Skalla-Grimm 04-28-2013 08:05 PM

I can make very easy for ya: Dublin on Renderosity. She's even on sale atm! ;) It looks like you're using the Genesis figure, and while Dublin's intended for Victoria 4.2 the textures should still be compatible.

Also, if you have any questions about Poser feel free to send me a message here or on DeviantArt and I'd be happy to help out. That offer is mainly to be friendly, since from what I've seen so far I'm not sure there's muxh I can help with :).

========

Just ran DS 4.5 and it looks like Dublin does not work with Genesis after all.

KrustyTheSailor 04-29-2013 02:58 AM

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm surprised at the popularity the idea of a ginger wolf, and the poor support for the blonde. Unfortunately, I've had issues with Danae's textures around the seams, otherwise they look great.

I think for the first outing I will stick with dark hair, for the reasons stated earlier in the post.

Rei-Lin 04-29-2013 06:59 AM

Hi Krusty, I should have threw in my two cents a little sooner but I guess there's no real rush for this anyway. As far as my own preferences go, I wouldn't mind a blond werewolf at all since most werewolves are always black with black fur even if they had any other color of hair. I think a blond werewolf would be harder to do as people have said, unless you can make the hair grow and act like the growth scene in American Werewolf in London or similar, something I've never seen replicated in CG if it's possible to replicate at all.

Type of girl doesn't matter but I prefer an average girl that becomes bigger and more muscular as she transitions into werewolf form. She doesn't have to become Olympia sized in the end but a werewolf I like usually ends up pretty big and bipedal over quadruped but able to do either or. As far as the model goes, a girl similar to what you already have, but with breasts a few cup sizes smaller, and more or less a nerdy type personality is what I'd like to see.

As far as skin type, I prefer a tan type of skin tone, not really dark but also not too light toned either, somewhere in the middle.

I know this is all personal preference, but I stay open to any female werewolf regardless of type because in the end the person creating the work is already doing us all a huge favor to begin with, so why try to limit them? My biggest fantasy is of course showing the fur growth as it happens, as to me that is one aspect of the change that is highly overlooked in today's movies and CG, either due like I said to the impossibility of recreating prosthetic fur effects in CG or out of laziness. Anyway, that's enough wall of text from me today but I appreciate the efforts on your part Krusty, I'll enjoy your work regardless of how you handle things.

KrustyTheSailor 04-29-2013 07:13 AM

Thanks. I already have an idea of what I will do first, but I wanted to get community feedback. I think the only thing I can say is that I will explore what I can do and people will like it or they won't. There are technical and time limitations so I can't do everything.

kwolf 04-29-2013 07:13 AM

I didn't really want to post, mostly cause I always feel like a leecher when putting out my own personal tastes or preferences, but I really did like the blonde wolf.

Such a rare sight to see, plus you did them so well already. Still I think you should go for whatever you feel like. You do really great work, thank you for sharing it with us.

blaidd 04-29-2013 05:33 PM

this would be awesome:

http://cursebearer.deviantart.com/ar...rsebearer&qo=2

TF-Viewer 04-29-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidanthropoid (Post 694619)

Um, while I would agree with the awesomeness of that scenario (since I requested the story in the first place especially), that would be asking a bit much for someone to render it.

KrustyTheSailor 04-29-2013 07:43 PM

Yeah, I don't think I'll be up to that one.

blaidd 04-30-2013 03:13 PM

swingandamiss

Skalla-Grimm 04-30-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrustyTheSailor (Post 694550)
Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm surprised at the popularity the idea of a ginger wolf, and the poor support for the blonde. Unfortunately, I've had issues with Danae's textures around the seams, otherwise they look great.

I think for the first outing I will stick with dark hair, for the reasons stated earlier in the post.

Seams are indeed the specific problem I saw when I tried Dublin on Genesis. Looks like I'll have to do something with her myself.

As for the blonde fur, it reminds me too much of Stirba in The Howling II.

Rei-Lin 04-30-2013 05:49 PM

And what was wrong with Stirba in The Howling II? She was very pretty, and her fur looked so soft and stuffs, I wouldn't have kicked her out of my bed for eating cheetos! Or raw meat, etc!

Skalla-Grimm 04-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rei-Lin (Post 694776)
And what was wrong with Stirba in The Howling II? She was very pretty, and her fur looked so soft and stuffs, I wouldn't have kicked her out of my bed for eating cheetos! Or raw meat, etc!

For starters, she was a character in the film The Howling II...

irishshane 04-30-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skalla-Grimm (Post 694804)
For starters, she was a character in the film The Howling II...

Ha...nice line

Rei-Lin 04-30-2013 08:32 PM

Bah, there's so many bad movies with hot girls, but so few bad movies with hot WEREWOLF GIRLS! Sure we only got to see her human fuzzy self, but she was a damn good looking human fuzzy self. And who the hell watched The Howling II for anything but her in the first place? Anybody? Annnybody? *hears echoes* Thought so! ^_^

Anahki 05-01-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rei-Lin (Post 694807)
Bah, there's so many bad movies with hot girls, but so few bad movies with hot WEREWOLF GIRLS! Sure we only got to see her human fuzzy self, but she was a damn good looking human fuzzy self. And who the hell watched The Howling II for anything but her in the first place? Anybody? Annnybody? *hears echoes* Thought so! ^_^

You're right, but if you want to defend the "blonde solution" with Howling II, I'll defend the "brunette solution" with The Howling I. Simply because:
-The Howling I was much better than II (for me, the second or third best werewolf movie of all).
-Marsha Quist (actress Elizabeth Brooks) was, to the date, the hottest female werewolf. And her acting was with no doubt better than Sybil Danning's (yes, she was beautiful, but an horrible actress) :D.

Well, there is not really a problem with all this, but as I said, there seems to be some visual problems with blonde fur. For me, it looks a bit unrealistic, especially because of the lack of contrast with the skin and the backgrounds.

KrustyTheSailor 05-01-2013 04:29 AM

I've gotta mention the blonde fur that I've been playing with is monochrome so far, but that's because I've been concentrating more on hair placement than color. I'm just about to start experimenting with textures on the hair so that it has lighter and darker patches, so you should get more realism.

Rei-Lin 05-01-2013 06:53 AM

Oh hai! Well I'm not really for or against blonde fur or hair or whatever, as I'd rather have a great looking female werewolf transformation than a female werewolf transformation that looks really screwed up due to the limitations of the 3D program making the fur look dumb. My favorite fur color is actually white as my OC Isa turns into a werewolf with pure white (to the point when she's using her powers, she glows white) fur, but her normal human hair color is black. So anything really works for me since I'm just glad somebody like Krusty is doing such a great thing for us all anyway with producing this type of quality work. If he ends up producing this kind of quality animation he'll be sitting up there on the pedestal with some of the other great CG artists of our community: Gryf, Mako, GenYun, Skalla, Daniel-San, and all the others whose names I could have missed!

I want to throw money at him so bad too, just to show him how much he deserves it. ^_^

KrustyTheSailor 05-01-2013 01:45 PM

I would love to accept said moneys, but real-world stuff severely limits my ability to crank out product, so I must decline (at least publicly, for now).

Rei-Lin 05-01-2013 01:59 PM

Nah I'd donate to you just to keep your interest in the ideas and in doing animations, not because I'd be sitting here awaiting some two hour CG transformation scene. Art and animation is a pain in the ass, which is why most people don't do very much with them. Sure Gryf can pump out a dolphin transformation in three weeks, but he doesn't do them that often and I'm sure he has his reasons, one of which has to be because it's a pain in the ass!

So don't think of getting donations has to equal a big payoff. I don't give money expecting to see some big thing created just for me, unless that was an agreement between me and the artist, like a commission. However, I have little problem giving great artists a little money to help them in not feeling like what they're doing IS such a pain in the ass without any real reward outside of the "thanks, looks awesome, etc" that will come naturally from displaying good work.

I see donations to great artists and filmmakers as incentive for continuing to improve and continuing to enjoy the work they do and knowing there's more in it than just the joy, sometimes there's also a little green! :)