The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transgender Process (M2F / F2M) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Swimming In His Shirt (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2899)

Circe 06-21-2006 11:32 AM

Swimming In His Shirt

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

This young man's clothes no longer seem to fit for some reason :).

This is an experimental image, testing the capabilities of my new PC as well as Poser's dynamic cloth utility and Carrara's rendering and shading. This image will probably be tweaked over time as I continue to experiment!

TF-Viewer 06-21-2006 04:18 PM

oh my, that's very nice :)

BoobDude 06-21-2006 04:48 PM

good job over all. really nice expresstion and really nice pose

Circe 06-21-2006 08:19 PM

Thanks, guys!

The main reaction I seem to be getting is that the new girl looks too short. I have to admit that I was aiming for very short but may have overdone it :).

I'm continuing to experiment with this. If I get very brave I may attempt an animation of the entire process; that would certainly be a good test for my new computer!

Sailordolly 06-21-2006 11:24 PM

Hey, very short just means that it is crossover with SW. ^_^

ClassB 06-23-2006 08:12 PM

It's a well done image. Poser is quite awesome with it's capabilities. Though it is funny (and slightly ironic) how these types of still shots were mentioned in the TG_TF Paintboard thread.

TrunKated 06-23-2006 08:47 PM

Good stuff. Looking forward to "moar."

Circe 06-24-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassB
It's a well done image. Poser is quite awesome with it's capabilities. Though it is funny (and slightly ironic) how these types of still shots were mentioned in the TG_TF Paintboard thread.

Well, as I mentioned this was an experiment that may lead to sequences or animations. I've been limited by hardware from doing that in the past. Now that I have a much faster machine I'm likely to attempt longer things.

Case Scenario 06-25-2006 11:09 PM

Critique

It's very nice. I don't think anyone will complain that she looks too short. That really just emphasizes what makes such images so enticing for so many of us, the trappings of a masculine individual becoming overwhelming as his attributes are lost and replaced with an idealized femininity. I find it's a bit of a sadistic impulse, to envision the subject's strengths being stolen from them, making them vulnerable. The shirt is a marvelous device for creating the impression of humiliation and loss. I wouldn't mind seeing shoes or pants added, to increase the effect... this "dynamic cloth utility" seems like a Godsend.
If I may make some suggestions, I'd like to mention aspects of the figure herself... her chest seems a little "lumpy" on her left, and it looks like it's breaking the line of tension along the collar of the shirt on her right. Her face is strange, with severe cheekbones and a pointed chin. Her eyes are small, and perhaps too far apart.
That's all I can think to add... it's a million times better than anything I could do with poser of course, and much better than many of the poser artists I've seen besides. Good work!

LK 06-26-2006 05:59 AM

If I'm gonig to see something using a 3D Modeling program, this is what I'd use as a frame of reference. ^^