The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Mt. Rushmore of TF Artists (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48696)

wolffpc 11-19-2020 07:03 AM

The Mt. Rushmore of TF Artists

Hey guys-
If you could pick 4 of the best TF artists, who would you choose?
2 categories: TF sequence artists and general TF artists.
Thoughts?

Anahki 11-19-2020 08:04 AM

Re: The Mt. Rushmore of TF Artists

Wereworld.
Liminalbean.
Gryf.
LunaticWard.

howlingfan 11-19-2020 09:10 AM

In no particular order:

Manic
Lobo Leo
Liminalbean
Gryf

LunaticWard 11-19-2020 09:42 AM

Thanks for the love!

Thrillerboy 11-19-2020 12:09 PM

I had an immediate list pop in my head, but giving it a little more thought, I feel like a "Mt. Rushmore" for any field is not just who is the "best" per se, but also a list of who is the most representative or iconic of that field. For instance, the real life Mt. Rushmore features four presidents who all had a hand in major events in the country's history. I think a true list for TF artists would represent those that have had longevity and/or made an impact on the scene. Just something to toss about, and discuss.

My 4 best/favorite:
  1. Gryf
  2. Lobo Leo
  3. Liminalbean
  4. Wereworld
*Honorable Mention: Solone

If I'm making a list for artists who I think are iconic, or stalwarts of the field then that changes things a little. Gryf and Leo still make my list, as almost no one has come close to the quality and style of work that Gryf has done. Plus, he's responsible for two of the best TF animations that have ever been made. Lobo Leo has also been in the game forever, and Alpha Luna is a gold standard as far as TF comic series go.

After that, it's a bit harder to pick. I know opinions are split in some circles on her work, but I would put Arania up there. She has the longevity, her site with all of her artwork is a great treasure trove, and she has made some great artwork herself over the years. The fourth spot, I'm mostly undecided. Some names have come to my head, like BlackRat, Angrboda, Chessire88, etc. Hell, I think artists like Liminalbean and Wereworld are trending towards that level, even being relatively newer to the game.

Fredthemarine 11-19-2020 12:11 PM

Edmol

EduartBoudewijn

Samapuma

Chica

wolffpc 11-19-2020 01:21 PM

Old school!

Dorgo 11-19-2020 02:16 PM

Kurt
Pop Fusion
Ian Williams
Liminalbean

Amahain 11-19-2020 09:27 PM

So hard to narrow it down to four (all artists mentioned so far by other posters are indeed awesome - also, nice to see some old school names), but if four artists were to put out an artbook, I'd probably say 'yes, take my money' to...

Gryf
wwbot
JuanValdez/Coffeeman
Angrboda

odysseusut 11-19-2020 09:30 PM

My list would look a lot like everyone else's, so to avoid that, here's a top-four that doesn't contain already mentioned artists

TF Sequence:
nolaf
Soty
SolidAsp
Lunate

TF General:
Geckzgo
Hazard
Ranzab
something-wild

slayer1 11-19-2020 09:33 PM