The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Female werewolf film betsy (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42127)

Mr.sandman 04-26-2017 09:03 PM

Female werewolf film betsy

Been hearing alot of hype that Betsy will finally give us a good female werewolf tf any word how that project is coming?

Anahki 04-27-2017 07:25 AM

Re: Female werewolf film betsy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.sandman (Post 793357)
Been hearing alot of hype that Betsy will finally give us a good female werewolf tf any word how that project is coming?

Yep, make use of the searching tools of the forum, and you will find out some interesting info about the movie... anyway, keep keeping an eye on Internet, scouting for info is not that easy :).

howlingfan 04-27-2017 08:40 AM

Since “Betsy” was brought up again, and I was the one who started the original thread on this movie, I may as well give a few updates. The reason why I’m posting it here and not in the official thread is because one of those updates is tangentially related to the movie, and I don’t want to give people the wrong idea of what to expect. The first update, which IS related to the movie, is that the writer-director posted on Facebook a few weeks ago that there’s “something big coming soon,” and I can only assume that means an early trailer since he finished principal photography over a month ago, but I could be wrong.

The other update, which is only semi-related to this movie, is that, because I’m one of the producers, I was able to see the NSFW early teaser trailer for the original version of this movie that was posted last year. The reason why this is loosely related to the movie is because the original version of this movie was very different. It was sexier and had more nudity. Betsy was originally a prostitute who offed her clients every full moon as a werewolf, but the script changed after the original actress left, and now Betsy is more of an innocent, girl-next-door type who gets bitten by a werewolf and turns into one herself at the end. Basically, the concept of the movie changed to a theme of the hunted becoming the hunter, which is interesting, but I personally prefer the original version of the movie because, well, female werewolves are my thing. (It’s the only reason why I’m on this forum.)

I’m not allowed to post the teaser trailer here (or anywhere), so please don’t ask, but I’ll try my best to describe it. It’s very short but also very hot and featured much more nudity than I was expecting. It begins with a shot of Betsy on the floor of a motel room. She’s lying on her side, breathing heavily, and completely nude. Interestingly, the camera’s POV is partially obscured by an open door, almost as if we’re witnessing something we’re not supposed to see. Then we see the full moon rise, and it cuts back to Betsy on the floor. She rolls over on her back, grimacing, and begins feeling herself up and down. It appears she already knows she’s a werewolf (she isn’t shocked at what’s happening) and is preparing her body for the change. Another shot of the moon getting higher in the sky, and we’re back in the motel with Betsy on her side again, panting heavily. She moans and raises her rear in the air, and then we hear the sounds of her transformation. Cut to her front as she whips her hair around and reveals growing fangs. Then she grabs the countertop in front of her with one hand, and her nails begin to grow into claws. Cut to a shot outside of a guy entering the motel. (I’m assuming he’s one of her “Johns.”) He finds Betsy’s motel room and enters it, and we see Betsy’s head in the foreground but covered in shadow. She then opens her eyes, and they are shining yellow. Then she growls and quickly turns around to attack him, and we get the title card. That’s it. The whole scene is about 2 minutes long. Even though Betsy only has fangs, claws, and yellow eyes in this scene, the writer-director stressed that it’s not the final look of the werewolf but one of the incremental stages.

Again, don’t expect this scene in the new version of the movie when it’s released. The good news (at least for me) is that the writer-director wants to eventually make a sequel with the original, sexier version of the story. So hopefully, “Betsy” is a success. (If you still haven’t contributed, the Indiegogo campaign is currently In Demand here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...wolf-feature#/) If they make it, I already offered a title for the sequel: “Betsy Bites Back.” lol.

Mr.sandman 04-27-2017 09:19 AM

Aha sweet I bought my preorder yesterday Lol female werewolves ate my thing too just a bitch (no pun intended) to find a legit tf no skin tears just one like wolf man

howlingfan 04-27-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.sandman (Post 793377)
just a bitch (no pun intended) to find a legit tf no skin tears just one like wolf man

Well, then prepare for disappointment because "Betsy" will feature some skin ripping in the TF. I don't like skin ripping either, and I tried to talk the writer-director out of it, and even though he agreed with me that he prefers the gradual change of flesh to skin ripping, it really wasn't in his budget. Also, the actress was forced to leave early in the shoot, so he had to add some face-ripping elements as well to the very end of the TF using a body double. Trust me; no one is more disappointed than I am by this, which is why I doubled down on another project. In case you don't know by now, "Bonehill Road" is the real deal and will feature a 3- to 4-minute TF scene with a nude woman and no skin ripping. The style of the TF will be old-school, practical effects using bladders and the like. You can preorder Blu-rays, DVDs, and even VHS tapes (yes, it's THAT old-school), as well as werewolf body parts, here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...-film-horror#/

Anahki 04-27-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 793375)
Since “Betsy” was brought up again, and I was the one who started the original thread on this movie, I may as well give a few updates. The reason why I’m posting it here and not in the official thread is because one of those updates is tangentially related to the movie, and I don’t want to give people the wrong idea of what to expect. The first update, which IS related to the movie, is that the writer-director posted on Facebook a few weeks ago that there’s “something big coming soon,” and I can only assume that means an early trailer since he finished principal photography over a month ago, but I could be wrong.

The other update, which is only semi-related to this movie, is that, because I’m one of the producers, I was able to see the NSFW early teaser trailer for the original version of this movie that was posted last year. The reason why this is loosely related to the movie is because the original version of this movie was very different. It was sexier and had more nudity. Betsy was originally a prostitute who offed her clients every full moon as a werewolf, but the script changed after the original actress left, and now Betsy is more of an innocent, girl-next-door type who gets bitten by a werewolf and turns into one herself at the end. Basically, the concept of the movie changed to a theme of the hunted becoming the hunter, which is interesting, but I personally prefer the original version of the movie because, well, female werewolves are my thing. (It’s the only reason why I’m on this forum.)

I’m not allowed to post the teaser trailer here (or anywhere), so please don’t ask, but I’ll try my best to describe it. It’s very short but also very hot and featured much more nudity than I was expecting. It begins with a shot of Betsy on the floor of a motel room. She’s lying on her side, breathing heavily, and completely nude. Interestingly, the camera’s POV is partially obscured by an open door, almost as if we’re witnessing something we’re not supposed to see. Then we see the full moon rise, and it cuts back to Betsy on the floor. She rolls over on her back, grimacing, and begins feeling herself up and down. It appears she already knows she’s a werewolf (she isn’t shocked at what’s happening) and is preparing her body for the change. Another shot of the moon getting higher in the sky, and we’re back in the motel with Betsy on her side again, panting heavily. She moans and raises her rear in the air, and then we hear the sounds of her transformation. Cut to her front as she whips her hair around and reveals growing fangs. Then she grabs the countertop in front of her with one hand, and her nails begin to grow into claws. Cut to a shot outside of a guy entering the motel. (I’m assuming he’s one of her “Johns.”) He finds Betsy’s motel room and enters it, and we see Betsy’s head in the foreground but covered in shadow. She then opens her eyes, and they are shining yellow. Then she growls and quickly turns around to attack him, and we get the title card. That’s it. The whole scene is about 2 minutes long. Even though Betsy only has fangs, claws, and yellow eyes in this scene, the writer-director stressed that it’s not the final look of the werewolf but one of the incremental stages.

Again, don’t expect this scene in the new version of the movie when it’s released. The good news (at least for me) is that the writer-director wants to eventually make a sequel with the original, sexier version of the story. So hopefully, “Betsy” is a success. (If you still haven’t contributed, the Indiegogo campaign is currently In Demand here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...wolf-feature#/) If they make it, I already offered a title for the sequel: “Betsy Bites Back.” lol.

As you said, the original concept is much like Howling-like werewolves, and even though I am more AAWIL fan, in this case I agree with you that the change in concept is less appealing. And I don't say anything about the upcoming non- full-nudity and skin ripping, but as you said, there could be room for a sequel, right?

howlingfan 04-27-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 793379)
As you said, there could be room for a sequel, right?

That depends on if "Betsy" makes money and if the original actress returns.

Mr.sandman 04-27-2017 03:10 PM

Rip. Its literally impossible to find a good female tf that isn't super watered down hahah so much so that we had to pay a director to make one. N I can deal with betsy if its 80% morph 20% skin tear even tho its a cop out. Maybe we will even get a good shoe burst lmao

Mr.sandman 04-27-2017 03:14 PM

N I want find jack Bout bonehill road Im very interested. But always ready to be let down when the change scene hits

oezdemircan aydinoglu 04-27-2017 05:43 PM

Thanks howlingfan. Great updates...learnt a lot today. Can't wait for Bonehill Road!

howlingfan 04-28-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oezdemircan aydinoglu (Post 793397)
Can't wait for Bonehill Road!

I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but “Bonehill Road” seems to be combining the best of both worlds/TF classics (albeit in an indie sense). The werewolves will look like “The Howling,” which featured my favorite-looking werewolves of all time (no surprise, given my username), and it will also include a TF similar to the one in “AWIL” with full-body shots and nudity. There definitely seems to be a glitch in the Matrix, because this was not supposed to happen in our lifetime, just like a number of events weren’t supposed to happen in the past year: England wasn’t supposed to leave Europe, the Chicago Cubs weren’t supposed to win the World Series, Trump wasn’t supposed to win the White House, the Super Bowl wasn’t supposed to be decided in overtime after one team blew a massive lead, the Oscars weren’t supposed to mess up who won Best Picture, and, after decades of CGI dominance in the special effects industry, there wasn’t supposed to be a werewolf movie featuring a female werewolf transformation using all practical effects. Luckily for us on this board, the latter appears to be coming true, not to mention the female-led “AWIL” remake. And it seems we’re not alone in wanting this to happen, since the “Bonehill Road” campaign is about to surpass $10 grand, after only asking for $2,500. In other words, old-school werewolf fans have been starving, but I don’t need to tell you guys that.

Mr.sandman 04-28-2017 09:13 AM

Im pretty hyped for that awil remake its looking like a female lead hahaha. Which like you said seems too good to be true

howlingfan 04-28-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.sandman (Post 793421)
Im pretty hyped for that awil remake its looking like a female lead hahaha. Which like you said seems too good to be true

I think it's following a trend of putting female leads in classic films, like the "Ghostbusters" reboot and even "What About Bob?" (another Bill Murray movie), which is now going to be called "What About Barb?" I kid you not.

aresx 04-28-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 793422)
I think it's following a trend of putting female leads in classic films, like the "Ghostbusters" reboot and even "What About Bob?" (another Bill Murray movie), which is now going to be called "What About Barb?" I kid you not.

....because Remember it?

Cursebearer 04-28-2017 11:30 AM

Was there some development with the AWIL remake that I'm not aware of? IMDB being the only source means that could really really be fake, unless we've heard something else.

Anahki 04-28-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 793424)
Was there some development with the AWIL remake that I'm not aware of? IMDB being the only source means that could really really be fake, unless we've heard something else.

We have some hints to accept it as legitime. I've explained them some time ago, and there I said that Max Landis was traveling from UK and back precisely with the couple that was announced as the lead (same plane in which Carrie Fisher had her heart attack). Yes, they were deleted afterwards, but the synopsis wasn't changed. I assume that there are still some discussions between the writers and the producers, and we recently knew that there is no director yet (Max Landis said that he wanted to, and gave ideas about the TF, of course), and consequently it doesn't advance to the "preproduction" status. And in his twitter, he said once that "what if the werewolf were not american?" That fits perfectly in the actress originally selected: we could translate that into "male american" or into "white american"... well, she is a japanese/philipinno female :P.
It is true that all this can change and we could end up having another white male in the main role, but I really believe that the script would preserve that change, and we will see a woman, if the movie is finally made, of course :).

Mr Wayne 04-28-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 793420)
I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but “Bonehill Road” seems to be combining the best of both worlds/TF classics (albeit in an indie sense). The werewolves will look like “The Howling,” which featured my favorite-looking werewolves of all time (no surprise, given my username), and it will also include a TF similar to the one in “AWIL” with full-body shots and nudity. There definitely seems to be a glitch in the Matrix, because this was not supposed to happen in our lifetime, just like a number of events weren’t supposed to happen in the past year: England wasn’t supposed to leave Europe, the Chicago Cubs weren’t supposed to win the World Series, Trump wasn’t supposed to win the White House, the Super Bowl wasn’t supposed to be decided in overtime after one team blew a massive lead, the Oscars weren’t supposed to mess up who won Best Picture, and, after decades of CGI dominance in the special effects industry, there wasn’t supposed to be a werewolf movie featuring a female werewolf transformation using all practical effects. Luckily for us on this board, the latter appears to be coming true, not to mention the female-led “AWIL” remake. And it seems we’re not alone in wanting this to happen, since the “Bonehill Road” campaign is about to surpass $10 grand, after only asking for $2,500. In other words, old-school werewolf fans have been starving, but I don’t need to tell you guys that.

HowlingFan,

Have to say that's a nice choice for movie title (Bonehill Road) and reassuring intentions. I only hope it happens as well as you hope it will and I don't miss hearing about it. Although, I think for politics sake it was not that Trump would get elected. It was that Clinton couldn't lose. Amen for that.

I have some non-fetish/werewolf writing material which would be good for productions. If you're interested, I'd be glad to network on it to see where my stuff might stand if someday produced on the big screens.

howlingfan 04-28-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 793430)
We have some hints to accept it as legitime. I've explained them some time ago, and there I said that Max Landis was traveling from UK and back precisely with the couple that was announced as the lead (same plane in which Carrie Fisher had her heart attack). Yes, they were deleted afterwards, but the synopsis wasn't changed. I assume that there are still some discussions between the writers and the producers, and we recently knew that there is no director yet (Max Landis said that he wanted to, and gave ideas about the TF, of course), and consequently it doesn't advance to the "preproduction" status. And in his twitter, he said once that "what if the werewolf were not american?" That fits perfectly in the actress originally selected: we could translate that into "male american" or into "white american"... well, she is a japanese/philipinno female :P.

Just piggybacking off this, I've mentioned before that the IMDb was updated months ago, deleting the casting information of who was playing what (including the Asian actress in the lead), but even if she doesn't end up in the role, the main synopsis of the movie wasn't changed, i.e., it still says the werewolf is a female named "Alex." I would think if the lead was in fact male and not female, it would've been changed by now, but that's just my (much-hoped-for) hunch.

Mr.sandman 04-28-2017 07:22 PM

What a time to be alive hahaha awil with a female lead...fonally

howlingfan 04-28-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Wayne (Post 793432)
HowlingFan,

Have to say that's a nice choice for movie title (Bonehill Road) and reassuring intentions. I only hope it happens as well as you hope it will and I don't miss hearing about it. Although, I think for politics sake it was not that Trump would get elected. It was that Clinton couldn't lose. Amen for that.

I have some non-fetish/werewolf writing material which would be good for productions. If you're interested, I'd be glad to network on it to see where my stuff might stand if someday produced on the big screens.

To be honest, I actually think the movie title is boring, much like "Betsy." It doesn't tell you what the movie is about, and even if you know it's a horror movie, with a name like "Bonehill Road," you'd think it's about zombies, skeletons, or mummies, not werewolves. If they HAD to keep the address in the title, I would've gone with Full Moon Road or Wolfsbane Road or Silver Bullet Road or SOMETHING to do with werewolves.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your message or why you flagged me. I should probably mention I'm not a big-time producer or anything. I'm just a fan, like everyone else here.

Cursebearer 04-28-2017 10:37 PM

I just think it's well worth noting that IMDB can be edited by anyone and that without confirmation from Landis we shouldn't assume that something sourced from that site with no release from any official source is true. Why would someone presumably involved with production update the IMDB like that and not release the information to other promotional sites? Landis is especially prolific on Twitter, for instance.

Just be careful getting your hopes up I guess.

sodacat 04-29-2017 09:52 AM

It could have been a leak from a crewmember from a pre-production or test shoot. Also I imagine anyone working on big budget monster movies right now is eyeing the Universal Monster plan carefully. If Universal pulls off what they're attempting they're going to become the 900lb gorilla in the genre, and the only way to compete with that would be to do something very different.

Based on what has been announced about Universal's project it looks like it's going to be very similar to Marvel, so a werewolf movie with a lead actress would be one way to do that.

Anahki 04-29-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodacat (Post 793452)
It could have been a leak from a crewmember from a pre-production or test shoot. Also I imagine anyone working on big budget monster movies right now is eyeing the Universal Monster plan carefully. If Universal pulls off what they're attempting they're going to become the 900lb gorilla in the genre, and the only way to compete with that would be to do something very different.

Based on what has been announced about Universal's project it looks like it's going to be very similar to Marvel, so a werewolf movie with a lead actress would be one way to do that.

I remember having read somewhere that the lead for the Wolfman movie was still undecided, but only male names had been considered, so I'd discard that possibility, even though they have done something similar with The Mummy.

sodacat 04-29-2017 07:35 PM

I guess I wasn't clear. I meant that because Universal's movies are probably going to all have male leads, one way to compete would be to go with a female lead for novelty's sake.

Anahki 04-30-2017 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodacat (Post 793470)
I guess I wasn't clear. I meant that because Universal's movies are probably going to all have male leads, one way to compete would be to go with a female lead for novelty's sake.

Yes, I agree with that. And for the specific case of the Wolfman, even without the "fetish" part, I've always thougth that women make better werewolves :).

Mr.sandman 05-26-2017 07:44 PM

Any word on this movie?

lowes96 05-26-2017 08:49 PM

Well if I remember correctly all that contributed should be getting the DVD in the mail soon. I believe next month I could be wrong I'm pretty forgettable but I will definitely let everyone if I get in the mail.

Cursebearer 05-26-2017 09:35 PM

Ditto, should be getting a copy and if I remember June was indeed the expected date.

slayer1 05-27-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 794445)
Ditto, should be getting a copy and if I remember June was indeed the expected date.

That's assuming the production is on schcedule which you do not know...

Cursebearer 05-27-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayer1 (Post 794448)
That's assuming the production is on schcedule which you do not know...

Yeah, that would be why I wrote expected date. Thanks for that.

howlingfan 05-27-2017 07:59 AM

According to the writer-director, they've hit a few "road bumps," including needing reshoots. My best guess is that the DVD won't be ready until July, but I could be wrong.

Anahki 05-27-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 794453)
According to the writer-director, they've hit a few "road bumps," including needing reshoots. My best guess is that the DVD won't be ready until July, but I could be wrong.

This has to be expected on these kind of adventures, no matter the budget of the production :D. Consequently, don't expect that Bonehill Road would be finished before December, on the best possible scenario.

howlingfan 05-27-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 794459)
Consequently, don't expect that Bonehill Road would be finished before December, on the best possible scenario.

"Bonehill Road" is supposed to be ready for Halloween, not December, but I agree it probably will be later than October by the time it's ready.

saixhinata 06-04-2017 09:14 AM

SO it June. Was wondering if anyone had an idea when the dvd/blu-rays would ship.

howlingfan 06-09-2017 08:28 AM

Quick update: I spoke briefly with the writer-director, and it looks like DVDs will be shipped in August, so I was off by a month. (I guessed we’d get them in July.)

movieman 06-26-2017 07:58 PM

Just bumping this up. A bit discouraging there has been more postings about a new project than this one. Hopefully its just being edited.

Thrillerboy 06-27-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movieman (Post 795566)
Just bumping this up. A bit discouraging there has been more postings about a new project than this one. Hopefully its just being edited.

Dude, literally look at the post above yours. We know the DVDs will be shipped in August. Outside of that, there's nothing to talk about, because there is no further info to talk about. All we can do is wait another month and some change.

movieman 06-27-2017 05:19 AM

Sorry, but when people put money into a project it is in the best interest of that person asking for it to at least provide the occasional update. Not just through a surrogate having to ask for information. No update on the facebook page since mid-April. The company's website still hasn't even changed their own website to reflect the change from June to August when asking people to pre-order the DVD. I have no doubt about the process and not even suggesting that backers are in any way getting screwed. We may not have anything to talk about because we don't know anymore. Doesn't mean there isn't anymore to know.

This isn't about impatience. It's about professionalism. And an immediate response like that is counterproductive.

Anahki 06-27-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movieman (Post 795581)
Sorry, but when people put money into a project it is in the best interest of that person asking for it to at least provide the occasional update. Not just through a surrogate having to ask for information. No update on the facebook page since mid-April. The company's website still hasn't even changed their own website to reflect the change from June to August when asking people to pre-order the DVD. I have no doubt about the process and not even suggesting that backers are in any way getting screwed. We may not have anything to talk about because we don't know anymore. Doesn't mean there isn't anymore to know.

This isn't about impatience. It's about professionalism. And an immediate response like that is counterproductive.

They have the money, but I don't think they would not "respond", so fear not. The problem is that hype/advertisement is a talent that not many people have "by default", and in many of these small products it is normal that the people in charge of communication (if any) would lack of the basic promotional/advertisement skills or experience.

movieman 06-27-2017 07:08 AM

See that is a more appropriate response. And is believable up to a point. Granted there might not be a lot to update if he is just in the editing process which is very internal and deliberate. But they were pretty active during the filming in posting videos about the production. So even if it is just to post something on Facebook or even simply on the IndieGogo page, it is just in their best interest to keep (at the very least) the backers updated. And those who pre-ordered the DVD on their own site.

howlingfan 06-27-2017 07:49 AM

I tend to agree that the lack of communication is frustrating, especially with the amount of money I spent on this project. I’m not saying the writer/director needs to update us backers every day, but as movieman pointed out, there hasn’t been an update on the Facebook site in over 2 months. As far as I know, he’s in the editing room and said he will lock the movie next month, with rewards being distributed the following month (in August), but I shouldn’t have had to chase him down for that info. It doesn’t bode well, but I don’t want to jinx anything.

Anahki 06-27-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 795594)
I tend to agree that the lack of communication is frustrating, especially with the amount of money I spent on this project. I’m not saying the writer/director needs to update us backers every day, but as movieman pointed out, there hasn’t been an update on the Facebook site in over 2 months. As far as I know, he’s in the editing room and said he will lock the movie next month, with rewards being distributed the following month (in August), but I shouldn’t have had to chase him down for that info. It doesn’t bode well, but I don’t want to jinx anything.

Well, for the little info we had about the female werewolf TF, it is not going to have some of the things that most of us love from a good scene, so I am not expecting anything regarding the TF. Anyway, it could be an interesting indie horror movie, though. Who knows?

movieman 06-27-2017 05:26 PM

Precisely (as to howlingfan's point) - that is all I was saying. You don't want to give the appearance of abandonment. And its like Shawn himself hasn't been active on his own Facebook page. Mostly amusing videos but also enough of a mindset to work on funding for another project. And if the company page still has "Ships in June 2017" on a pre-order page that doesn't look right. I had even tried contacting him about an opportunity that could have helped the film (I assumed it wasn't ready, but offered nevertheless) and never got a response.

lowes96 06-27-2017 06:17 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and call it (This movie is probably gonna be a huge let down) maybe when it first started with that ultra sexy tease trailer just maybe we could've had something half way decent. But I hate to sound like a Debbie downer but ill be surprise if its any good...

howlingfan 06-28-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowes96 (Post 795618)
I'm gonna go ahead and call it (This movie is probably gonna be a huge let down) maybe when it first started with that ultra sexy tease trailer just maybe we could've had something half way decent. But I hate to sound like a Debbie downer but ill be surprise if its any good...

If “Betsy” is a bust, there’s always “Bonehill Road.” The only advantage “Betsy” will have over “Bonehill Road” (at least regarding the TF, which is probably the only thing that most people here care about) is that the actress in “Betsy” is more attractive than the one in “Bonehill Road” (okay, MUCH more attractive). Also, based on the few film clips and trailers I’ve seen of both women, the one in “Betsy” is a better actress (okay, MUCH better). Okay, so those are TWO things “Betsy” has going for it over “Bonehill Road.” “Bonehill Road,” on the other hand, will have the following:

1) The TF scene will be at least 1 or 2 minutes longer.
2) It will feature full nudity, as opposed to the shot of a bare chest in “Betsy.”
3) Riffing off of #2 above, there will be full-body shots of the TF, as opposed to mostly using close-ups.
4) There will be no skin ripping, as opposed to some skin ripping in “Betsy.”
5) The werewolf will have a muzzle.
6) The budget for the TF effects alone is over $15K. The budget for the entire production of “Betsy” was originally only $10K, though it was helped by a few fundraising campaigns.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this “Betsy” thread into one for “Bonehill Road,” but I couldn’t help myself. If I knew “Bonehill Road” existed, I wouldn’t have spent the money I did on “Betsy” (though I would still buy the DVD). It didn’t occur to me that there would be TWO female werewolf movies this year featuring a fairly extensive TF scene with practical effects.

Anahki 06-28-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 795652)
If “Betsy” is a bust, there’s always “Bonehill Road.” The only advantage “Betsy” will have over “Bonehill Road” (at least regarding the TF, which is probably the only thing that most people here care about) is that the actress in “Betsy” is more attractive than the one in “Bonehill Road” (okay, MUCH more attractive). Also, based on the few film clips and trailers I’ve seen of both women, the one in “Betsy” is a better actress (okay, MUCH better). Okay, so those are TWO things “Betsy” has going for it over “Bonehill Road.” “Bonehill Road,” on the other hand, will have the following:

1) The TF scene will be at least 1 or 2 minutes longer.
2) It will feature full nudity, as opposed to the shot of a bare chest in “Betsy.”
3) Riffing off of #2 above, there will be full-body shots of the TF, as opposed to mostly using close-ups.
4) There will be no skin ripping, as opposed to some skin ripping in “Betsy.”
5) The werewolf will have a muzzle.
6) The budget for the TF effects alone is over $15K. The budget for the entire production of “Betsy” was originally only $10K, though it was helped by a few fundraising campaigns.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this “Betsy” thread into one for “Bonehill Road,” but I couldn’t help myself. If I knew “Bonehill Road” existed, I wouldn’t have spent the money I did on “Betsy” (though I would still buy the DVD). It didn’t occur to me that there would be TWO female werewolf movies this year featuring a fairly extensive TF scene with practical effects.

Have you seen the Bonehil Road actress (Dylinn Fawn Harvey) as brunette? You will be surprised how the hair color would change someone :D. Sadly, a bad actor is always a bad actor :P.

howlingfan 06-28-2017 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 795655)
Have you seen the Bonehil Road actress (Dylinn Fawn Harvey) as brunette? You will be surprised how the hair color would change someone :D. Sadly, a bad actor is always a bad actor :P.

Yes, I did see the hair-color change and was quite pleased. Even I was surprised at how much it improved her looks, and it was my idea.

movieman 06-28-2017 01:28 PM

Is that a still from Bonehill Road? I received an inside tip that we shouldn't expect the film by October.

howlingfan 06-28-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movieman (Post 795663)
Is that a still from Bonehill Road? I received an inside tip that we shouldn't expect the film by October.

No, it’s from her Facebook page promoting the film. Yeah, I kinda figured the movie wouldn’t be ready until at least November or December. Good special effects, especially concerning werewolves, take time.

movieman 07-04-2017 08:33 PM

Shawn Burkett live on Facebook tonight said he expects Betsy to be fully edited and ready by August (as we had heard.) He says they already have distribution companies interested and he actually has some confidence that it could even get into Sundance in their midnight selection. That remains to be seen but he does plan to hit the festivals "hard."

movieman 07-11-2017 10:15 AM

From their IndieGoGo Page

"Hello Everyone!

We just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the release has been pushed back to August - Early September. We are currently undergoing some re-shoots for the film due to scenery changes! But we hope to release a trailer within the next two weeks, which we will post here!

<3 BETSY crew"

movieman 07-17-2017 09:51 AM

The teaser is up! Looks promising.

http://www.fangoria.com/new/director...iler-premiere/

Anahki 07-17-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movieman (Post 796306)

Yep, if it wasn't for the fact that we know that there will be so much skin-ripping and possibly little nudity (I don't say anything about feet, just to say), it would be really promising. At least it looks more professional than your everyday indie crappy movie.

howlingfan 07-17-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anahki (Post 796308)
Yep, if it wasn't for the fact that we know that there will be so much skin-ripping and possibly little nudity (I don't say anything about feet, just to say), it would be really promising. At least it looks more professional than your everyday indie crappy movie.

Well, it’s not going to be a LOT of skin ripping. As for the nudity during the TF, I can confirm that you will see her breasts.

Anahki 07-17-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 796310)
Well, it’s not going to be a LOT of skin ripping. As for the nudity during the TF, I can confirm that you will see her breasts.

Yes, but not much more. I must say that I prefer not seeing nipples or bush, but having her fully naked instead (or in other words, "nudity for all public"). For me the clothes are usually a dirty trick to hide the lack of funds/creativity. And as it was demonstrated in The Dark, a good scene can be done with a few hundred bucks and a good performer.
Well, anyway, I'd like to have a look at it :P.

Cactus Jack 07-17-2017 03:19 PM

If the skin ripping is any more than bleeding gums than it's complete no buys from me, the only thing more of a turn off to me is scat.

GenYun 07-17-2017 03:53 PM

Skin rip doesn't bother me. But in this current climate of lack of good on screen tfs, beggars can't be choosers.

Cactus Jack 07-17-2017 04:19 PM

I'll continue to be a picky eater until you can see my rib cage from space.

slayer1 07-17-2017 06:58 PM

Vietnamese spam bots, wtf? How random...

slayer1 07-17-2017 07:00 PM