The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Growth (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Alice In Wonderland (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16230)

Twilight_Roxas 03-05-2010 10:35 PM

Re: Alice In Wonderland

Did you find the reference Wolfman-Al?

wolfman-al 03-05-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas (Post 450140)
Did you find the reference Wolfman-Al?

Huh?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Wussy 03-06-2010 08:22 AM

Synopsis: This is a sequel of sorts to the original Disney animated film. It's been 13 years since Alice's first trip down the rabbit hole, and she's a woman now and has long since dismissed those events as bad dreams. She's being proposed to by a snobbish lord, but she runs away from him when she sees a familiar-looking white rabbit run past her...

Thoughts: I was so BORED watching this thing. It just seemed to be going through the motions without any heart of its own.

Tim Burton seemed to want to change things just for the sake of changing them. For example, everyone has a name now. Alice Kingsley, Tarrant the Mad Hatter, Iracebeth the Red Queen, etc... Even the little dormouse from the tea party has a first name. It just seemed so odd when compared to both the original and the book.

Another example is the name of Wonderland in general. They actually correct Alice and say that the correct name is "Underland", and that it was only because she was confused as a child that she called it "Wonderland".

I really liked the playing card army. They looked really impressive and formidable while still retaining that "paper" feel.

Every time the Red Queen was on screen, I felt like I was playing NBA Jam with Big Head mode on.

So many big-name people are just wasted in this movie. Christopher Lee gets maybe 2 lines, and Alan Rickman has about 3 minutes of screen time total.

I was a little surprised that it didn't turn into the "Johnny Depp" show. He had a far, FAR larger part than he should've, but not so much that it didn't feel like it was Alice's movie.

Spoilerly thoughts: The first thing that happens is that she gets told of a prophecy that she will fulfill. Then, despite everyone else's insistance that the prophecy WILL BE FULFILLED, she keeps trying to fight her destiny. But at the end of the movie (surprise!) she fulfills the prophecy.

They could've cut out the entire movie and just skipped from being told of the prophecy to the part where she fulfills it and you would've missed nothing.

Goddamn the ending was stupid. She had literally NO reason to return to the "real" world. Her mother was getting along OK. Her sister was already married and had her own life. Her fiance would've just found someone else. Even her father's company was doing very well under a kindly new owner.

By staying, she would've been recognized all over "Underland" (God I hate that name) as a famous and formidable champion, had the ear of the queen, and basically could get anything she ever wanted. Instead, she leaves all that to become... an apprentice in her own father's company?! What the hell kind of bullshit is this?

GTS thoughts: She spends about 1/3 of the movie as a SW ranging from about 6 inches to about 1 inch. She then spends another 1/4 as a 7' amazon, which was unexpected.

The growth/shrink scenes (two of each) are all handled capably as you would expect. They do a revisit of the original "Eat Me / Drink Me" from the book, but it's very quick (it IS supposed to be a sequel).

Min1337 03-06-2010 12:40 PM

Couple good colleges mixed in here...

http://coedmagazine.com/2010/03/05/9...in-wonderland/

Twilight_Roxas 03-06-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfman-al (Post 450151)
Huh?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

On the Epic Mickey concept art I post.

Hugo Prosperio 03-07-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas (Post 450838)
On the Epic Mickey concept art I post.

Careful. That picture you posted had no process, and therefore, it's likely to make Wolfie a tad grouchy.

For the record, I caught the Alice reference, but it's probably safe to say that it's more a reference to the Alice ride in Disney World then the actual movie, and therefore no reason to expect any kind of process.

BlazingBarrager 03-07-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthspielberg (Post 451013)
Careful. That picture you posted had no process, and therefore, it's likely to make Wolfie a tad grouchy.

And we all know a grouchy Wolfman = no no.

Mr Wayne 03-07-2010 04:10 PM

What if Tim Burton's AiW had a sequel too, but in our context and style? Alice returns from a second trip to Wonderland (assumingly unaware of the size changing she experienced there) and thinks all is normal... Until she eats or drinks things and discovers that she continues to grow (and shrink, but I'd prefer just growth being that I'm a 'huge';P fan of it) -- but this time outgrows all her clothes according to whatever heights she reaches. Mix it up. Maybe a simple sip of tea and she only grows to 9ft and enough to bump her head on the ceiling, or manages to eat a whole brownie and suddenly grows as big as she did in the Rabbit's house. And too, if the 'tea-time' English clothing and setting look isn't appealing to everyone then simply have Alice be in a high school or college setting, etc. Bottom line, once the 18 year old Alice returns from Wonderland for the 2nd time, her growth-ability (or curse) comes with her.

Here is a link to the story that inspired that idea, by Gilles:
http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/259821-Alice-in-wonderland-curse

p.s. this is an edited repost of a posting I made in Edward_the_4th's comic thread which I believe I mistakenly posted there. Least here its in a specific spotlight. :)

Blackbat 03-07-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volfsbayne (Post 451247)
What if Tim Burton's AiW had a sequel too, but in our context and style? Alice returns from a second trip to Wonderland (assumingly unaware of the size changing she experienced there) and thinks all is normal... Until she eats or drinks things and discovers that she continues to grow (and shrink, but I'd prefer just growth being that I'm a 'huge';P fan of it) -- but this time outgrows all her clothes according to whatever heights she reaches. Mix it up. Maybe a simple sip of tea and she only grows to 9ft and enough to bump her head on the ceiling, or manages to eat a whole brownie and suddenly grows as big as she did in the Rabbit's house. And too, if the 'tea-time' English clothing and setting look isn't appealing to everyone then simply have Alice be in a high school or college setting, etc. Bottom line, once the 18 year old Alice returns from Wonderland for the 2nd time, her growth-ability (or curse) comes with her.

Here is a link to the story that inspired that idea, by Gilles:
http://www.writing.com/main/interact...derland-curse/

p.s. this is an edited repost of a posting I made in Edward_the_4th's comic thread which I believe I mistakenly posted there. Least here its in a specific spotlight. :)

broken link :(

Twilight_Roxas 03-08-2010 01:36 PM

Well I hope they add a beetleworx of Alice who could be giant size as a boss in Epic Mickey.

Hugo Prosperio 03-08-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas (Post 451646)
Well I hope they add a beetleworx of Alice who could be giant size as a boss in Epic Mickey.

Pretty sure the Beetleworx are going to be "forgotten" characters, and Alice is hardly that. It'd be nice, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

JustinThyme 03-08-2010 03:39 PM

I too have seen the new Alice, and thought it was just ok, but the 3-D effects when she was shrinking or growing were well done.

BlazingBarrager 03-09-2010 08:16 AM

The movie was awesome, especially in 3D.

chachazero90 03-10-2010 10:33 AM

I just bought issue 3 of dynamite comics.

Just like Wolfman and I said.
I said that it was probably going baed on looking glass and I was right.
and Wolfman said that the closest thing to process would be Alice picking up chess piece people.

After seeing the film I`m seeing characters like the Jabberwocky.

Wolfman may post the chess people page if he feels like it.

Issue 4 is the finale.

Mr Wayne 03-10-2010 04:08 PM

Does anyone have anything on the first growth scene, by chance? Just saw the movie myself, and was curious to see if something perhaps popped up on Youtube(, etc.) like the second clip did? It didn't involve actual rippage, just mostly stretching. Alas! (or Alice if you prefer) It was a little longer than the second clip and a ear-teasing stretching sound was used that added a good feel of realism to the scene itself. ;]

Also, I do think all of us serious and true fem growth fans should listen to Wolfman-Al. "The most important thing is IMHO that this movie will breed a whole new generation of size change fans. Mark my words!" I am marking your words Sir, because how many of us first discovered our macrophilia because of Disney's AiW? Not to downplay any other instances of realization, but all those such instances like this one, when redone, will have a similar effect to people as they did unto us. However... and no offense to shrinking fans because I respect 'others' (i.e. other religions, other people, their beliefs). But... I fear if there is any new generation of size change fans it will be dominated by shrinking fans because it is more easily portrayed? Let's face it, in this day's mainstream media many would be appalled if a late-teenaged girl or young-aged woman outgrew her clothes for whatever reasons. And for those who feign that the clothes grow with her, well that's fine in cartoons and all, but give us more media exposure for clothes rippage while you go turn your heads and close your eyes when a nipple or butt cheek pops into view. Monsters vs. Aliens and Burton's Alice in Wonderland do rip in the right directions.. But we as a genre need more. Or we'll be stepped on by a normal-sized woman from the SM corner or eaten alive (shivers in the fear of fantasizing about my own death) by a vore fan. We need to give our real life/fantasy women the EAT ME cakes from AiW, to slowly bust out of each article of clothing without having but a wee bit of control over the change, and burst onto the scene never to be avoided.

TB Tabby 04-10-2010 11:13 AM

Here's Minerva Mink playing the Alice role.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3622604/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3624738/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3625064/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3625335/

JasonSlayer 04-10-2010 05:48 PM

I agree with most of what you're saying, but, reason or not, Alice had to return to the real world at the end. Like it or not, the real world is what we all have to deal with. Running away to a mystical Wonderland (or Underland) doesn't really help anyone. You would miss your family and your familiar world and all that you love. Running away from your old life to an entirely new world and leaving everyone else behind is just plain selfish of you.

But I didn't like it either, and I haven't even seen it. Burton made it too real, changed too much, and made Alice grow up. It made me change my life after I read the end of the novel and watched all the trailers. I was doing fine before without thinking about it, but this movie made me want to change. I hate that.

OhZone 04-10-2010 06:05 PM

If only it had been directed by Terry Gilliam!

theperv584 04-17-2010 06:02 PM

Im too lazy to search whether this scene is on PP forum but here it is...1st growth scene from TB's AIW.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcr...cen_shortfilms

No need to flame... I don't do Growth much... anything that resembles AP then only im interested. Cheers.

Clevens 04-17-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSlayer (Post 470083)
I agree with most of what you're saying, but, reason or not, Alice had to return to the real world at the end. Like it or not, the real world is what we all have to deal with. Running away to a mystical Wonderland (or Underland) doesn't really help anyone. You would miss your family and your familiar world and all that you love. Running away from your old life to an entirely new world and leaving everyone else behind is just plain selfish of you.

But I didn't like it either, and I haven't even seen it. Burton made it too real, changed too much, and made Alice grow up. It made me change my life after I read the end of the novel and watched all the trailers. I was doing fine before without thinking about it, but this movie made me want to change. I hate that.

I haven't seen it, but some of you may be taking this a bit too seriously. Pretend it ended the way you wanted it to. Or write one that does. It's whatever you want it to be. Someone will reboot the entire story one day and make a totally different Alice movie with a different message. Maybe someone here at the Process will do that very thing.

I personally would like to see one where she returns to the "real" world, reflects on her adventures, and in the last scene eats something and starts growing..is shocked, and fade to black.

JBird 04-20-2010 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
*runs in and tosses a sketch into the thread*

kuenbu 04-20-2010 12:47 PM

Thats pretty dope JBird. The cake is NOT a lie.

chachazero90 04-25-2010 01:52 PM

Tim Burton`s Alice in wonderland will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on June 1st in US and June 4th in the UK(where I am).
I`ll plan to get the blu-ray within the month after its release.

On another thing I got tired of waiting for the shop I go to get to get the Pop wonderland Alice book, so I went to Blackwells and ordered it.
According to them they`ll have it by either tuesday or wednesday.
To those who dont know what I`m talking about.
The pop wonderland series is a series of picture books based on fairy tales such as red riding hood.
The pictures are illustrated by POP, the artist that did Moe-tan.
Wolfman owns the the original japanese edition of the book and it was translated and released in the US about a month ago.

Heres the amazon link to the english edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Alices-Adventu...2235336&sr=8-2

Wolfman post some pics from the book quite a while ago, you can find the images he posted here:
http://www.process-productions.com/f...ice+collection

For anyone who cares I spent ?12.99 on it.

chachazero90 05-01-2010 02:22 PM

I found a light novel.
Amazon.co.jp has a small preview.
One of the illustrations from the preview shows Alice cramped up in the white rabbit`s house:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4...pf_rd_i=489986

BlazingBarrager 05-04-2010 12:30 PM

Nice find.

50percentgrey 05-04-2010 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's something I found on danbooru. Nothing process-related, but she's still a biggie.

Twilight_Roxas 05-18-2010 01:52 PM

Sad news but the Alice in Wonderland segment for Disney's World of Color is cut from the show.

Nom Anor 05-18-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas (Post 486544)
Sad news but the Alice in Wonderland segment for Disney's World of Color is cut from the show.

Damm.

TB Tabby 05-18-2010 08:25 PM

Alice in Wonderland game from Big Fish Games

Pluses: The protagonist is a grown woman and reasonably attractive, and I've confirmed that she will shrink in the game. Minuses: Lost and lots of pixel hunting, the trial period ran out before I could get to the part where she shrinks.

LOD 05-18-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB Tabby (Post 486679)
Alice in Wonderland game from Big Fish Games

Pluses: The protagonist is a grown woman and reasonably attractive, and I've confirmed that she will shrink in the game. Minuses: Lost and lots of pixel hunting, the trial period ran out before I could get to the part where she shrinks.

Can you reach the shrinking in the free 1 hour preview?

TB Tabby 05-18-2010 09:37 PM

Perhaps...I was almost there when my time ran out.

Goldenboy7 05-25-2010 05:20 PM

Deleted

Silver Spoon 05-25-2010 05:45 PM

Did you who drew that? It's quite cute.

Mr Wayne 05-25-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Spoon (Post 489067)
Did you who drew that? It's quite cute.

I agree and extend kudos to whomever drew it. Though I still would prefer some semblance of clothing destruction. I know, us non-clothes/fem growth fans are a picky lot aren't we. :P

Reebok 05-27-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB Tabby (Post 486701)
Perhaps...I was almost there when my time ran out.

Well, then try downloading it here: http://www.intercambiosvirtuales.org...-de-wonderland

It's the full game, so it means that you will be able to get to the shrink scene.

Twilight_Roxas 05-27-2010 01:13 PM

Looks like their might be a chance that Alice in Wonderland might be on Disney's World of Color again.

BlazingBarrager 05-30-2010 03:24 AM

New movie or something?

Twilight_Roxas 05-30-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazingBarrager (Post 491145)
New movie or something?

Nighttime water show at Disney's California Adventure.

caccoloso89 05-31-2010 04:00 AM

Found a new (old) animation, but we have poof - growth and shrink scenes_
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Ny4zmIZWI
shrink at 2:52 , 3:33 and 5:12, growth at 3:25, 4:41. Shrink and revert at 7:10
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYkB...eature=related
Only shrink at 0:34.

Allogagan 05-31-2010 11:29 AM

I used to have this as part of my many copies of Alice in WOnderland on VHS which as since been lost

50percentgrey 05-31-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allogagan (Post 491915)
I used to have this as part of my many copies of Alice in WOnderland on VHS which as since been lost

I hope it wasn't from somebody who trashed it because they were fed up with you having something juvenile in your collection. If that was the case, I'd look at that as disrepect for your inner child (or your fetish).

knoxfan1316 05-31-2010 04:53 PM

Well, that was crap. No process at all. It's more like Quantum Leap than a growth/shrink scene. Lazy bastards.

mister x 05-31-2010 07:46 PM

Not bad for a Rankin/Bass special, but too bad any chances for process was completely wasted.

Allogagan 06-01-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50percentgrey (Post 492024)
I hope it wasn't from somebody who trashed it because they were fed up with you having something juvenile in your collection. If that was the case, I'd look at that as disrepect for your inner child (or your fetish).

Nah, when I moved out of my (Grand)Parent's House I was only able to take so much and the Alice in Wonderland collection I had on VHS was one of those. I think their still there but now I am a few hundred miles away and no way to know.

BlazingBarrager 06-01-2010 08:26 PM

So who besides me has bought Tim Burten's Alice in Wonderland today?

Heroku24 06-02-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazingBarrager (Post 492747)
So who besides me has bought Tim Burten's Alice in Wonderland today?

I did!!!!

Drybones 06-02-2010 07:43 AM

I did, Disney even sent me a coupon for $10 off the Blu Ray 3 disc collection. :p

chachazero90 06-02-2010 08:31 AM

Comes here in the UK on the 4th June.

jcdenton 06-25-2010 12:41 AM

found something on deviant art.

http://mariochavez.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ska5a

simple Alice pic but it does mention the one thing i've always found annoying about A.I.W

Twilight_Roxas 06-25-2010 07:38 PM

Little info: The Wonderland segment from World of Color is cut but they added the cheshire cat with his head as paper animation while his body is made of water and Alice falling in the finale.

ProfessorMishap 06-25-2010 07:45 PM

I'll just leave these here:
http://tekweapons.deviantart.com/art...66955?q=1&qo=1
http://tekweapons.deviantart.com/art...67394?q=1&qo=1

Twilight_Roxas 06-25-2010 07:57 PM

Heres a clip of the finale he appears at 0:36 and Alice appears at 0:42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWA0tuwUGNM

uhanche 06-30-2010 04:54 AM

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4231/blablablat.jpg

I'm working on a comic of Alice for a commissioner. I'm going to finish the last pages, so here's to you a little demo ;) going to post it soon :)

Silver Spoon 06-30-2010 05:40 AM

Cool. Can't wait to see it finalized.

uhanche 07-01-2010 01:35 PM

Page 1

:)

Twilight_Roxas 07-03-2010 09:29 PM

cool

Aarondaretard 07-03-2010 10:17 PM