The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I'm thinking of launching my own TF website (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45249)

Dr. Otto 03-01-2019 08:21 AM

I'm thinking of launching my own TF website

I've amassed quite a large stockpile of TF-themed artwork over the years, and I thought it'd be great to upload everything I've ever commissioned into one online source everybody can visit and enjoy at their leisure.

I've dug a little bit into how to go about launching & designing a website, but I was wondering if anyone around here might give me a few helpful pointers? :)

Falcon316 03-01-2019 11:03 AM

Re: I'm thinking of launching my own TF website

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Otto (Post 821350)
I've amassed quite a large stockpile of TF-themed artwork over the years, and I thought it'd be great to upload everything I've ever commissioned into one online source everybody can visit and enjoy at their leisure.

I've dug a little bit into how to go about launching & designing a website, but I was wondering if anyone around here might give me a few helpful pointers? :)

Despends. Are you coding yourself or are you using an already established template like Wix or SquareSpace?

Dr. Otto 03-01-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcon316 (Post 821356)
Despends. Are you coding yourself or are you using an already established template like Wix or SquareSpace?

I don't understand anything of what you just said. That should give you a good idea of how much of a noob I am. :o

Falcon316 03-01-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Otto (Post 821357)
I don't understand anything of what you just said. That should give you a good idea of how much of a noob I am. :o

Ok, let me bring it down a notch.

Are you planning to make the website by yourself or are you going to purchase a service like Wix that provides you a ready to go website that you just fill in with your own stuff?

I'm going to answer your own question and say that if the very concept of coding
flabbergasts you, then you're better off letting either a service or someone else provide you with the website. All you have to do is figure out what you want your website to look like, and they will handle the rest.

Here is a list of places that can make websites easy.
Let me know if you need any help understanding

Dr. Otto 03-01-2019 12:39 PM

Thanks a lot. I'll give each of them a go, and see if I can get anything started. :D

Jimbo 03-02-2019 02:47 PM

use wordpress I'm in the process of rebuilding my site if you need any pointing the only trick part is setting up your database and domain.