The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Yahoo Purge (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41474)

zokk 01-16-2017 08:49 AM

Yahoo Purge

Originally posted in Flames and Bullshit... but couldn't delete....

Don't know if anybody here still uses their site... but it seems Yahoo has finally purged what's left of any TF discussion groups and postings.

770megaman 01-16-2017 12:23 PM

Re: Yahoo Purge

R.i.p.

Amahain 01-16-2017 12:49 PM

I just checked - a lot of the old groups that I signed up for over a decade ago are still there, though none of them had any sort of activity for years. Manic's stuff, FullMoonFantasies, LateNightStudios, etc...

If there were some more active groups, I must have missed out on them before they shut down.

Anahki 01-16-2017 01:35 PM

It had become an elephants' cemetery. I was also member of some TF-related groups, and some of them had some interesting stuff... nothing ground-breaking but by some extent they were part of the history of the TF community.

zokk 01-16-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amahain (Post 787124)
I just checked - a lot of the old groups that I signed up for over a decade ago are still there, though none of them had any sort of activity for years. Manic's stuff, FullMoonFantasies, LateNightStudios, etc...

If there were some more active groups, I must have missed out on them before they shut down.

Really?..... I've been checking for days and all I kept seeing was a generic "Welcome to Yahoo Groups" page with no way to access any of my groups... and the search engines came up negative....

Amahain 01-16-2017 02:51 PM

Yeah. I can still access a lot of the files without any issue. Mind you, I was signed up for something like 40 groups and I don't really check any of them regularly anymore, so if some have disappeared, I probably haven't noticed.

Which groups have you been trying to access?

zokk 01-16-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amahain (Post 787132)
Yeah. I can still access a lot of the files without any issue. Mind you, I was signed up for something like 40 groups and I don't really check any of them regularly anymore, so if some have disappeared, I probably haven't noticed.

Which groups have you been trying to access?

Manic's Madness, A Growing Concern... Only the Manic group had been active... are you using Mac or PC based browser?

Amahain 01-16-2017 04:00 PM

I'm having no issues with Manic's Madness. I accessed the photo gallery and the files without any problems. I haven't signed up for A Growing Concern, though.

I'm on PC and have been able to access these groups with both Firefox and Chrome.

Are you able to join any non-TF groups with Yahoo? It could just be an issue with your Yahoo account.

And a question to others: anybody else having issues? Anybody else not having issues?

thrandrall 01-16-2017 04:03 PM

It might be related to needing to reset your password/account after the hack they had a few weeks ago....if you haven't done that yet.

zokk 01-16-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 787144)
It might be related to needing to reset your password/account after the hack they had a few weeks ago....if you haven't done that yet.

Yeah, that was the problem.... I'm always automatically logged in when I visit, so I never thought to change my password.

vincent_richter 01-16-2017 10:15 PM

Well, if anyone wants the spam gone, I have a solution that's been solid since 2002...

~Circe~ 01-26-2017 11:01 PM

Yes, I found out just recently while putting together my tumblr page. :(