The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transgender Process (M2F / F2M) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My shot at a TG drawing. (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2710)

Daimajin17 06-04-2006 07:44 PM

My shot at a TG drawing.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. Thought I'd try and stop lurking and contribute more. Best idea I had was to try a drawing. (TG is my main interest). No process, just the changed-and-clothes-don't-fit idea. I'd appreciate some feedback and suggestions for the future. Thanks.

Case Scenario 06-04-2006 08:13 PM

review

It's nice. Process may have been preferable, since that's essentially the theme around here, but I've certainly seen much worse. Keep at it, maybe concentrate on anatomy. Particularly the hands. It's been said by some that to draw good cartoons, all you really need to know is how to draw the head and hands. You might try getting the basics of the realistic face down before tackling more iconic, "manga" styles. She looks just a smidge like her eyes are going in opposite directions. Oh, and I'd have the shadow under her connect with her feet and pants. When shading ends around a character it can indicate separation, like foreground/background. In other words, it looks like she's floating just slightly over the floor. Also, and this is sort of a pet peeve of mine, loose pants wouldn't quite fall that way... they seem like they should be bigger around the knees and/or less wide at the bottom. It's like the character's wearing bell-bottoms. Though I admire your sense of form under the clothing, how the hips are wide enough to make the fabric go taut. Definitely a nice job for the first time.

TGJunkie 06-04-2006 09:04 PM

Excellent drawing, I agree with Case Scenario though, it could use a little process, even if it's just a "Before" pic to go with your "After" pic. Still, it's quite a good picture. I hope you do more of them!

Nunkiller 06-04-2006 09:56 PM

THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME
Very NICE TG, one of the best i have ever seen.
(What can i say, i dont like clothes morph)

Kheben 06-04-2006 10:39 PM

Well well, my second post within the same hour, let alone the same month...

Not a bad picture man... Although of course the concept around here is "process" stuff (as many people like to remind every contributer), in my eyes any relevant drawing that's done well is more than welcome. I mean, hey, maybe now you'll go and draw a nice sequence/processy pic for us. ;P

Seriously though, keep it up...

Sailordolly 06-05-2006 08:36 AM

If this is your first TG drawing then it is definitely excellent for a first. ^_^

Sutibaru 06-05-2006 12:11 PM

Reminds me of my first TG drawing. ^^

Sucht17 06-05-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutibaru
Reminds me of my first TG drawing. ^^

The good 'ol days huh?

Sutibaru 06-05-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sucht17
The good 'ol days huh?

Only a year ago.

Daimajin17 06-05-2006 01:30 PM

Thanks very much for all your feedback. I'll be sure to take it onboard when I try something else.

DarkTranswar 06-05-2006 01:51 PM

I dont know how long u been drawing but its really good. I like to draw myself. so if u need help let me know.

LK 06-06-2006 12:42 AM

It is very nice, please do continue. ^^