free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New ~5 minute TG animation at the Other Side
View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2009   #46
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Re: New ~5 minute TG animation at the Other Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Stu View Post
Eh... not to be rude (maybe I'm a bit TOO far into 3D modeling and animation), but... it felt a little choppy, and the methods of "hiding" when it wasn't working right felt a little off. The sound effects, ESPECIALLY the beginning felt a little too "Sims-y". The idea was good, but... I dunno... The chains breaking was pretty smooth....
Did you use a work-around of some sorts for all the modeling? It looked a little off, that's the only reason I ask. I know learning to deal with anything biped-wise in 3DS and the like is a HUGE amount of effort, but that effort shows...
But yeah, like I said, I'm probably the wrong audience as I'm WAY too involved with this kinda stuff and will nitpick the heck out of it...
Yes, I admit that I'm not 100% yet. I've learned all this stuff on my own, but I do plan on taking some classes soon. There are conceits in my video and that is mostly due to me not knowing how to do certain things. If you've seen my earlier works, however, you'd see the improvement, though!

It is my hope that, one day, I hope to be as good as the animation I recently saw in "Monsters Vs Aliens". Of course, that's in the future. I'll keep working at it because I want to get betterer and betterer!
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote