free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Succubus' For Better or For Worse Part 2 (Complete)
View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2010   #11
Reif
Frequent Poster

Re: The Succubus' For Better or For Worse Part 2 of the Succubus Bride

@ Frice

Yeah I suppose that if you've been watching the meta development of the story arc it becomes rather obvious. The concept of having Zoe direct her rage inward against her generic succubusness is a good one...I hadn't really considered that and it would have made the return of the boogeyman (or boogeysuccubus) a bit less obvious. The question though becomes do you know where I'm going because both the means and the setting have been revealed by now.

Quote:
I do though assume something slightly odd is going on at that sandwich shop though as that seems less like Zoe's giving of power and more like something getting drained. One of the 'mystics' mentioned taking advantage of Zoe leaking power to discretely drain energy from the women at the office maybe, knowing the power would quickly be recharged by a leaky succubus?
And sometimes the sandwhich shop is just a sandwhich shop, though I imagine its sandwhiches are quite tasty. No my intent there was simply to provide a plausible disguise so Zoe wouldn't recognize that the women around her were being drawn to her to bask in the radiated feminine essence the way a group of lizards gathers to bask on a sunny rock. I'll admit though that having Zoe notice but not understand the source and maybe getting a bit paranoid would have been interesting. There was a potential goldmine there of "it's HER, because it can't possibly be me" material that I missed which I agree would have setup the later chapters beautifully.

Yes, Scott isn't getting the most indepth treatment largely because his purpose is as a foil for Zoe. You can probably see where I was noticing that problem and trying to correct it in the conversation with Zoe's father and later with her on the couch where he pretty much loses it. Really, I need to go back and more firmly establish his opposition and conflict to this whole arrangement in TSWN where its a point but not a particularly driving one. Also I don't think I gave the idea that he essentially got the woman of his dreams but NOT enough development. Consider it noted, I think its high time in the start of TSV for Scott to have his own moment particularly in regards to the fact that he's had to keep emotionally doubling down in this relationship over and over.

My subtle dig is less aimed at rogues and more at the "scrubs" in general. Being an ex Ret-Pally with a raid grade tanking set that got more use than the 2h sword towards the end of my time there means I know both worlds well...I also note that I had that character well before they became AWESOME lest you think me shallow....Though I do admit a disproportionately high percentage of language slaughtering 14 yr olds did play rogues...

@ APSM

No Zoe getting de-girled has never been the plan...though compared to what I have planned for her she might consider that preferable...(yes I'm evil)

The Witch from FN9 is in that universe but I don't expect to use her in the TSV. I do think she might make an appearance in a spin off with Mirabel. Also yes, Mirabel deaged herself about a month before the story starts as hinted at in TBACC. The references to "old" in the story are always the fact that her mind and soul are old even when they're in a young body.
Reif is offline   Reply With Quote