free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Getting into the Role 18 by =cluedog (Offsite)
View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2010   #15
Bio
Professional Lurker

Re: Getting into the Role 18 by =cluedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformative View Post
um... can you say that in english... I tried translators but the best I got was "You despaired!
You despaired to the appearance in pulling being confined and [hujiyoshi!"
My Japanese is far from perfect, but it's basically "I'm in despair! Hikikomoris and fujyoshi have left me in despair!" It's all a reference to the show. That kind of line is basically the catchphrase of the main character. Hikikomori is a term for a type of social recluse that never leaves their room that's a pretty big problem in Japan, and fujyoshi is a term for yaoi (gay sex) fangirls, which are the defining traits of the girl on the left and right respectively.

I gotta admit, I seem to be the only one that isn't a huge fan of Cluedog's work. I mean, the amount of detail in the change is great, and it even has the mental adaptation that I'm personally fond of, but the realistic grittiness just isn't my thing for this subject. By that token, I ended up enjoying this one a lot more than usual due to the anime end.

Edit: Looks like that's actually a baby yo, which changes the meaning a bit, so I edited.

Last edited by Bio; 02-07-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Bio is offline   Reply With Quote