free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Really Bizarre Japanese Films (clips)
View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2010   #54
Allogagan
Growth Fan

Post Re: Really Bizarre Japanese Films (clips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
I mentioned the new Takashi Miike adaptation of the Yatterman anime once before in this thread (never posted any pics though).

A few trailers here - http://twitchfilm.net/news/2009/02/c...-yatterman.php

Really, if you've seen Hideaki Anno's live-action adaptation of "Cutie Honey" - you can imagine something kinda similar (CGI is a little tighter here)....but I'd say it's really a few notches higher on the weird scale. I guess part of what makes it really strange is that it's REALLY close to the original anime in terms of overall content and stylings from what I understand including really bizarre self-referential humor, weird adult jokes totally inappropriate for younger viewers (the anime was from the 70s), etc.

A selection of reviews here (http://twitchfilm.net/reviews/2009/0...-yatterman.php) - see the bottom of the first review for more links.

Of course, it's more than worth the $15 I paid to import the HK release (came out on 4/30) just for seeing the *smoking* Kyoko Fukada in a hot leather outfit for 95% of the entire movie (minus the scenes where she's either in a bath or a wedding gown ;p).

Keeping in mind of course that Kyoko was also one of the two lead actresses in the brilliantly well made and truly funny gothic lolita meets biker girl comedy "Kamikaze Girls" - I can't recommend that one enough!!!

No process in this flick - might rip the clip of the mecha bridesmaid firing "titty missiles" though ;p
Man this is one of the stranger movies Kyoko-chan has been in. At least its not a love drama movie like she normally does. Shame she doesn't sing more (she plays the piano as her musical skill for her Idol status) cause she has a pretty singing voice.
Allogagan is offline   Reply With Quote