free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - *NEW COMIC* ~"Smaller World 2"~
View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2011   #107
shrinky428
Frequent Poster

Re: *NEW COMIC* ~"Smaller World 2"~

Hey, I just read Smaller World 2 and I just wanted to give you my thoughts about it.

Basically, I disagree with the storyline in general, particularly how violent it is, or at least how violent the sex that it depicts is. The first scene is essentially a rape scene, the girl is being violated, and somehow it becomes closer to shock cinema rather than being sexy. The final scene between the girls is a little less of a violation, but still not really consensual. I guess I'm uncomfortable with that kind of content and it makes it hard for me to like the piece or recommend it to someone who was just interested in good comics.

I mean, I love the shrinking woman fetish, but I just find the situations depicted in this comic to be so violent as to make it difficult to enjoy.

The main guy is also too creepy. I understand that he's supposed to be the villain and therefore evil, but then there's got to be a hero guy that we can identify with. But there's no one, it's just a horror story like Human Centipede or something where people are just being tortured the whole time by violent insane lunatics. Obviously it's possible to argue that movies like Human Centipede get made and enjoy a measure of popularity, but as for me, I don't really enjoy that kind of thing. It feels more like a car crash than entertainment. Is this what the shrinking woman fetish is about? Is the whole concept of a shrinking woman fetish somehow fundamentally tied in to this kind of Dark Zone, to reference Toyogub's more controversial content..

I don't think shrinking woman fetish has to be violent. I think that gives it a bad name. I read blogs on Google that talk about non-fetishists discovering that there's a shrinking woman fetish and how fucked up it is, and they always link to Toyogub and especially the Dark Zone, where he depicts women as human sushi. It gives people the wrong impression and it's not what I'm into. I think it makes it harder to enjoy this fetish or to be open about it with others than if the images people saw of it could be seen as sexy in general rather than violent and revolting. I mean, if I tell a girl I'm dating that I'm into this sort of thing she'll probably google it to see what it's all about. Now, obviously she's not gonna see Smaller World because you have to pay for it, but what she will see will make her think we all sociopaths.

All in all, the story is way too negative to enjoy. I don't enjoy fantasizing about raping girls so why would I enjoy it in my fiction? That being said, I'm just one guy and you aren't obligated to write shit to my liking since I'm not really paying for it, even though I paid $7 bucks for it. I suppose I could have whatever kind of comic I wanted if I was willing to put up the money to produce it and I understand that. Plus, you do have a disclaimer that says don't read it if you find it offensive. I guess that applies me. No one doubts Lorekeep's contribution to the community. For years he has scoured the earth for great artists, and he's brought us great content that pioneers the genre at significant personal cost to himself. I just think this particular comic crosses some lines. Am I the only one who feels that way?

That having been said, I think the artwork is really great and the depictions of slow-shrinking, baggy clothes situations were fantastic. My only criticism would be in some of the visual composition, but everything was successfully accomplished and looks great. It is a great shrinking woman comic from the standpoint of the artwork and well worth the $7 bucks just for that.

The real issue is, Is this what the Shrinking Woman Fetish is all about? Shrinking women down so we can abuse and rape them? Is that really what is in our hearts? It's not what's in mine, and I suspect it isn't what's in most SW fetishists hearts. Supporting this kind of content, however, gives the community a bad name to the public at large. That used to not be a concern, but I feel the community is at the point where that might matter.

Flame away.... and before you do, please note the part where I acknowledge that I'm only one guy and it's just my opinion and I don't expect Lorekeep to produce content to my particular specifications.

Peace

Last edited by shrinky428; 01-10-2011 at 08:17 PM.
shrinky428 is offline   Reply With Quote