free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)
View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2012   #6020
Xanderfox
Process Master

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-name View Post
Legend tells of an ancient artifact that can grant a woman's wish...

THE SKULL HEART

However, if she is impure of heart
her wish will be corrupted and she will be turned into
an immensely power, twisted being of destruction...

THE SKULLGIRL

A new Skullgirl has risen; who will defeat
her and claim the Skull Heart?

-Skullgirls Opening Text

I've yet to complete the game with every character in Arcade and Story Mode (0 Arcade/2 Story), but it was my understanding from the intro alone that it takes a completely pure heart to make a wish on the Skull Heart without turning into a Skullgirl. Considering the endings I've seen so far, wishing on the Skull Heart may require a messianic-level of purity or higher, so even the nicest person can become a Skullgirl if their heart possesses even the slightest hint of darkness. Good luck finding someone who can meet THOSE requirements in that world.
It would make sense for an Evil artifact to have an impossible to meet standard for "Purity of Heart". Even having desires could be seen as a impurity, which would make the Skull Hearts an insidious trap, just making a wish could be taken as having a desire. Artifacts of demon make often have such catch 22 flaws, that to use the object safely you have to lack a reason to use it in the first place.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote