free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)
View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2012   #6102
Xanderfox
Process Master

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuven View Post
i think there's a magical girl or western superhero show where the bad guys brainwash the main character but then realize he/she is far, FAR too incompetent to be worth keeping around.
Sorta like the situation where a character gets sent to hell and then a demon brings him/her back claiming he/she is "too much for them"
I don't think that's actually limited to a single show, I'm sure I've seen it at least twice, though for the life of me I can't recall where.

I know I've seen the situation of the villains brainwashing a hero only to find they are far too competent at being villain and end up reversing the procedure because the "new guy" has or is going to take over. It was even a major plot point of Transformers Beast Machines, big bad Megatron had brainwashed 2 of the good guys and when they where restored they had much different reactions. Big Guy Rhiox was turned into dumb henchman Tankor and when his personality and intelligence were restored he had undergone a moral compass 180 and had become a bigger threat than the big bad whom he planned to topple. Silverbolt on the other hand admitted he partly enjoyed his time as the amoral Jetstorm but suffered from extreme guilt for both what he did and the fact he liked the "freedom" Jetstorm had lacking Silverbolt's personal moral code.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote