Thread: Paradox Alice
View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2013   #37
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Re: Paradox Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Before this has a chance to ratchet up... just a request to move this sort of discussion to Flame & Bullshit or to carry it out privately. Specifically, the resale talk. Not really relevant to the film itself, I think.
Fair enough, I just want my stance to be publicly known about such matters, so with this post I'll have spoken my piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako
Vincent... so that I may better understand and place context around your opinion - what is your professional experience? What sort of jobs and/or education do you have?
Admittedly I've not had much experience in the film industry; I've mostly pursued the retail sector after acquiring my A.A. As a consumer, though, I hardly think that's relevant; rather, the opinions of the producers in my life ultimately determine whether I'll give their products an even chance. I'm trying to provide a kind warning here, but there's no real way to sugar-coat this: making public statements that come across as economically tone-deaf as the apocryphal Jack Valenti's "the secondary market is - for all intents and purposes - akin to piracy" will never do you favors with your fanbase, particularly when they have no other legitimate option.

You're far too good a producer with far too loyal a following to be making political mistakes this early on. How is exposure a bad thing?