free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Xil posted a new test video
View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2013   #10
insomniac
SW Archivist

Re: Xil posted a new test video

An interesting video for sure, I'd be very interested if pants were a possibility. One of my favorite scenes would have to be a woman coming out of her now giant shirt. Am I wrong to think that could be possible? I figure this sort of thing could work to represent scale better; a sheet works when the camera is up close as she emerges, but I think you could use this to up the detail and she'd be able to read the tag on her shirt, and with the right textures it could look pretty legit.

Oh, and qzar: One thing that would be sweet if you and/or xil could do would be to have a larger chunk of the start of the SW vids would be to have more 'live' video, not the actress in front of the screen through the whole vid- then you could have some interaction with props, etc. and then the background for the green screen could just be photos of whatever 'set' she was in at the beginning, for continuity.

I know xil did some poser backgrounds to try to do this, but it seems he stopped and I don't blame him since it's hard to get the angle right and make it look good. Poser does clothes great but objects/scenes look like stuff I did in my high school computer graphics class, and while I enjoyed the vid (I think it was Angelina or someone) the poser background took me out of it.

Anyway I'm rambling, but more comparisons and practical effects would be awesome.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote