free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - What exactly happened on the TGComics forum?
View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2014   #43
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Re: What exactly happened on the TGComics forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
If I've learned anything about internet forums, it's that the management will inevitably disappoint you. For two and a half years, I was a mod for Telltale Games, until about 3-4 months ago when they took an axe to their old community by switching from vBulletin to a version of Vanilla that they hacked (and totally broke) to make a Reddit clone nobody wanted. I've been disappointed here every time Lorekeep decided to do a purge and suddenly half my thread bookmarks didn't work anymore.

The long and short of it is that the people in charge of forums will always have their own ideas about the way the community should run, and those ideas always end up clashing in one way or another with what the people on those forums want.

Huh, maybe that's why I've largely quit using forums...
Telltale forums went downhill once Telltale stopped making Monkey Island and Sam and Max games and just stuck to making licenesed movie/tv show adaptations. Admittedly that was what they were doing before, but I'll never be happy until they give a proper plot resolution for Morgan LeFay.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote