The Process Forum - View Single Post - A YouTube upload, tf mentioned before
View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2014   #8
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: A YouTube upload, tf mentioned before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnu_Thorn View Post
People can speculate what they want, as to whether you lose all humanity becoming another creature or you have relative sense of your old self to what you've become and thus afterwards act such. I could write an essay to the factors involving the future mindset of a person after they are not human anymore, but there would be no empirical science behind it as this practice of inducing transformation, either sudden mutation or magical transfigurement is not mainstream. People want proof, and if all basis is on dogma, fanatical to some ala Hollywood verbatim, there is no debate.

In my experience dealing with otherworldly entities, mainly for this case shapeshifters, the person is still that person.

Now take a modern day zombie, real zombie, their original mind remains, but to control his/herself, their body's brain is mush. Not much left of a person after that ordeal.

But to have a working brain in becoming something else, you would have your spiritual mind intact, and about the only difference is of what animal thing you became you could act like one, but you'd still be you.

This movie's star monster, on the other hand, didn't grow up a human, so all he does is seek food, as I'd imagine he wouldn't be cultured. If Dr. Lloyd would have him a specimen after dosing him properly, the monster may look human, but he would still be a monster.
It was an 80s scifi horror movie, let's keep it in perspective. Nobody thought that deeply about what they were doing. In the 80s if someone turned into a monster they just started eating everyone, it's just how it was. So if she hadn't died then she'd have killed them after the transformation was over. I'm trying really hard to think of an 80s scifi horror movie where a person turns into a monster and does not become a mindless killing machine as a result. I can only think of 80s scifi action where this happens, never in horror.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote