free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Your ideal artstyle (or other medium) for TF content?
View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2016   #11
babblingfaces
Frequent Poster

Re: Your ideal artstyle (or other medium) for TF content?

Usually I feel the best stuff I've seen (or at least, that which has gotten to me the most) was made in 3D graphics or Western-type comics. But at the same time I cannot say either are ideal, as done wrong they can be a horrible eyesore.

I am of a similar mentality when it comes to captions, too: they're very easy to make and thus are open to an overabundance of material being released, much of which can be very lazily done and outright exploitative merely by linking a few words to a hot pic. But there are also great captioners around who do excellent work with that medium. I for one have worked before with a captioner called Intoxiton, rendering some pics for him, and I was very happy with what turned out as a final work, largely for his contributions. Goldendawn, also known as a 3D artist, has also made a few cap sequences and I feel this facet of his is the one I like the most (though I also like plenty of his 3D sequences, and sometimes both mediums meet as well).

The one I can safely say is my least favorite is photomanipulation - despite some good work on behalf of some artists out there, I feel it's the one that is less likely to succeed with me and most often looks plain jarring. Also, rather ironically given its existence as probably the most explicit of all the above media on average, I find the usual run-of-the-mill manga posted up on exhentai to be utterly sexless, despite any degree of competence shown in the illustrations themselves. The ones that do work can be glorious, however.

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts.
babblingfaces is offline   Reply With Quote