The Process Forum - View Single Post - mind control, bimbo transformation
View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2016   #2857
Gatoh Ry?zaki
Process Fan

Re: mind control, bimbo transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
Call me naïve, but I think there's more to TF/TG than the "fap factor." Otherwise, we wouldn't care at all how much the art or writing sucked.
...are you implying I implied otherwise? Limerick's works aren't [being described in the aforementioned post] 'epics' because of the story, they're epics because of the manner of telling being so refined. That such subject manners can be written with such skill and apt defies 'common sense'. That's a part of what makes his work so great, too. It's not 'perverted' because of the smut and subject manner so much as it is 'perverted' because it 'breaks the rules' of what is 'allowed' to be good art.

Anyhoo, I just want to add that I really loved the ending. I was already rooting for Myra x Todd and Erin x Michael by mid-story. Limerick really set it up perfectly, you expect that to be the ending--and it isn't an unwanted ending--but then he drops Michael like bad weight, subverts the expectations of the readers and then leads to an even more lovable ending. Walter's defeat is well played, with the wit only a Limerick story could end on. I'm reminded of The Man in Room Ten all over again and I love it.
Gatoh Ry?zaki is offline   Reply With Quote