free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Diminished: A Final Fantasy XV Doujin comic on Patreon!
View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2017   #35
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Re: Diminished: A Final Fantasy XV Doujin comic on Patreon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
As far as the project is concerned, no matter how tempting the idea is, I don't consider it a wise investment. Monthly payments for a single comic you have no way of knowing will be finished. Only rewards being timed exclusives. Buyer beware doesn't even begin to describe it.
I understand that, and how projects shown here tend to fall apart, like a curse or something.

The only reasons I don't show any sketches or a layout of the story, is because those cost money to commission them. And, doing that WHILE working on my ongoing comic series is a challenge of its own, when you have limited money to work with.

I'm not a good artist, by any means. I ALWAYS commission my ideas to artists who do them...and I pick carefully, cause in worst-case-scenarios, some can run away with the money and I won't even see the commissioned art at all. I've even seen some that can just abandon it, without saying a word.

So, if you were me, how would you get this off the ground properly, when you got an ongoing comic series still going?