The Process Forum - View Single Post - The State of Shrinking
View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2021   #16
scidram
Frequent Poster

Re: The State of Shrinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder727 View Post
As for stories, I speak as one of the original story-writers of the SW Forum who used to pump out story after story for free for folks to enjoy. I've still got all of them in my computer, by the way. There are some folks who have basically decided to publish their work on Amazon's Kindle site and sell their stories for a few bucks per copy. There are some quality offerings, like those from SciDram - Let the Chips Fall and Short Time for example. Minimizer has one of his stories there from what I saw. But for the quality stories we see, there are DOZENS of average or even BAD stories from folks just pumping out crap to try to make money. I've read a few of them, and sad to say, some folks need to come up with some fresh ideas, good story-writing, and better plots than some of the stuff I saw.
Hey there! Thanks so much for the shout-out, and it's great to see your post!

Yeah, you're right. We're older now (I'm 50) and with that, there are different responsibilities. I've got a few new M/f novel ideas still in my head, and I may be adding one more oldie-but-goodie to Amazon Kindle soon, but I haven't stopped writing. Hoping you've enjoyed the ShrinkFan titles by me--and another is coming out May 1--and I've got a bunch of shorts (around 2000 words) over on my DeviantArt page.

I look forward to your epic work. Good luck with that!