View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2023   #22
Doll-Elf
Writer of the Fetishes

Re: Feeling Low - Shrink Fan Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Author RogueScholar here.

Can I ask what you mean by "deep meaning?" Other than the bit about "Laughing but only on the outside" that visually demonstrates how depression can affect people even when they seem relatively happy, I wasn't really digging too much into the concept. My initial thought for the story and the goal that I was working around was "what kind of person would want to shut themselves away and make their tiny living space their entire world?" I did try to be respectful about the topic and hope I didn't go too off course with its depiction, but it was really just one part of the picture I had in mind.
It's just that depression is a hard topic to write for and my depression comes off in extreme anxiety where I feel overly seen and mentally massive. Like everyone knows what I am thinking and what I did wrong. I feel 100 feet tall and not in a good way.

To me, shrinking is comfort. Being able to slip into someone's arms as they cradle me and smother me with love and kisses as I snuggle into their breasts. I don't have to think or do anything. I'm their pet and they decide everything for me. No bills. Just being taken care of like a good girl. (After writing this I know very well that I have mommy issues. Shush all of you.)

And the concept of depressed people wanting to 'vanish' with something outside of their control like depression is a stereotype to the point where some characters that can change size often get smaller to show they are sad. It's a cliche and personally I don't like the concept. That is not a critique on your writing, just the trope in general.
Doll-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote