Thread: Welcome back
View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2024   #12
heidegger
Proprietor, AR Archive

Re: Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
I am not the one to ask, nor would I do it if I could. I do not support some threads here and if given my way, the AR/AP thread would not exist on the next incarnation. I find it's concept too close to CP for comfort. If one does remake the process, my suggestion is to not allow that thread to exist in the next version. All else should be fine.
I think that I could reasonably be considered one of the foremost experts in the world on AR/AP on the Internet because I built and run the AR archive - ararchive.com. I think saixhinata has the right take on this. In the over 25 years the AR archive has been on the internet there have been zero inquiries to me from law enforcement and it has been hosted on mainstream hosting services with no issues. A relevant side note: I hosted the Process on my server with the AR archive for a number of years. I can count on one hand the number of times when anything had to be removed due to inappropriate content. It is easy to worry that it is close to CP if you don't think too closely about it (and it has been discussed at the AR archive in the past) but the fact of the matter is that in mainstream culture there is an interest in AR/AP as evidenced by the large number of AR/AP episodes of movies, tv shows, cartoons and anime. CP is CP - it is not AR/AP any more than vore is a concept "too close for comfort" to actual cannibalism or TG horny bimbofication is too close to rape. I think your suggestion is too close for comfort to heavy-handed censorship and it is very concerning when brought up on a site that is an open and supportive community. If you don't like AR/AP, don't read the thread, but think about how you would feel if someone suggested that Shrinking thread should be removed because they were uncomfortable. I assume that is your main interest based on your avatar and user name. Sites like this can have civil wars because of attacking the interests that aren't your thing or you can "purify" the site out of existence because of "problems" with every fetish.
heidegger is offline   Reply With Quote