free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - More general 'increased beauty'
View Single Post
Unread 06-23-2017   #1464
Shadowsbane99
Frequent Poster

Re: More general 'increased beauty'

Ugh, when it comes to discussions on gender politics of all things I find it best to take a step back and ask yourself a few questions before arguing.

1. Do you think you have the time, patience, and debate skills to actually change anyone's mind about anything through posting?

2. Even if, somehow you managed to do so, do you think that you would change it far enough for it to make any difference in any person's life, or would they more likely discard the thought shortly?

3. If your intent is not to change anyone's mind, why bother with it at all?

4. How much effort would such an attempt require, and what else could you do with that time that is potentially more productive?

5. Most important: Is this really the hill you want to die on?

I have made my stances clear before so obviously I'm no stranger to political (and gender political) discussions.

But all things considered, I look at the comic and I am not sure it is not meant to be an ironic exaggeration of anti-feminist comics. I mean, what is it even trying to say?

The only argument I'm going to give about women supposedly being like the one in the comic is this: My experience says otherwise.

That's it. That's all I can say. Anything more is something I don't have any sort of proof for.

And on another note, I would recommend this simple view of it: This comic isn't about all women just because it has one woman in it.

So maybe instead the comic is just saying "This woman is shallow and selfish" instead of "All women are shallow and selfish."

But if I were to hazard a guess the artist is probably just kind of a dick who likes to be "edgy" and wants to get a rise out of people.

Anyway, I'm tired. Don't like the premise, the characters, and the art is not great anyway for what is essentially a poof process. It is IB though, which is my favorite process, so a find nonetheless.
Shadowsbane99 is offline   Reply With Quote