free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Size Con privacy and those traveling solo
View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2017   #6
Jitensha
Sergio's little doll

Re: Size Con privacy and those traveling solo

Hey, sorry for my delayed response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzar9999 View Post
I definitely want to attend, but I'm not sure yet. That 11-hour drive is gonna be a pisser, but airfare and trains are too expensive and the bus takes an entire goddamn day to travel the route one way.

Honestly, though, I can handle the drive. Won't like it, but I can handle it. My main issue is gonna be the cost of the hotel room...

How many people would you say attended last year roughly?
We had about 135 attendees last year, although we could have had more. We sold out of tickets early because our event space had an occupancy maximum of 135. This year we have a space that can hold up to 500, though we estimate we will probably be in the low 200s. It's still a little too early to tell though. Either way, there will be plenty of like minded size fans at the con

By the way, and this goes for everyone here, but have you considered looking to see if any of your online buds might want to take the trip with you to Size Con?

I'm in a financially tight spot myself, so I'm not going to sit here and tell you guys what you should spend your money on, but I do know quite a bit about saving money at cons! I was quite the cosplayer most of my 20's :P If you can find a con buddy, you can save a ton of money on carpooling and hotel costs, maybe even food. I used to attend a con out in Pittsburgh every summer which was about an 8+ hour drive, and I could only attend if I found someone to split the costs with...so I get y'all 100%. Ask your online friends, you'd be surprised who's within a short drive away from you!

For those flying in, I can't offer any advice on getting cheaper airfare, unless you fly a crappy airline like Spirit or travel on a Thursday :P At least NYC has plenty to do if you want to vacation over here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReducer View Post
I'm going. Just got to get the money together for it but it will be doable for me.
The hotel will be $159 per night and I'm going to stay that Friday night. I'm planning on flying in from Boston so no Sox or Patriots stuff on me just in case
Looking forward to meeting you there! And no worries, the convention is in Mets country, we don't get angry, we just shrug and nod dejectedly.
[ My Twitter ]
🛡️⚔️ Join our FFXIV Size Kink Free Company:
"GIANT/tiny Inc.." on Faerie Server (Aether DC) /tell Jit Ensha 💎✨
Jitensha is offline   Reply With Quote